Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AWESOME! Congrats!

Told you not to give up!

Sorry I didn't give you step by step instructions, I don't have a Pre, I just use the emulator so from what I understand, it's relatively a LOT simpler to do it on the emulator than on the Pre.

Either way, Congrats!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Here are some images u might like

All 3 are transparent. That way u can use home screen image. Everytime u change your wallpaper so does your launcher image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I really need help!!! i got my pre rooted and now when i access the files through WINSCP and try to overwrite them with ones that i created it wont work!!! i keep getting an error message...how am i suppose to do this somebody please help me!!!
    in WinSCP, go to command->open in putty->log in with root access, and do "mount -o remount,rw /" transfer the images and than in putty again write "mount -o remount,ro /"
    ARGH! I wish i knew how to root into the pre! Can anybody give me some pointers?
    I AM in dev mode (the whole upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart thing...yeah i did tht.)
    I HAVE the SDK.

I heard I need to install python? is that right? or is it that PuTTY thing?
    Thanks
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    how to root the pre is all over the internet, do some work. its on this forum too.
    AWWWW rooting X( it sucks, everything cool requires rooting! And I can't figure out how to do it for the life of me! lol
    ------
    ~Sam

Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    how to root the pre is all over the internet, do some work. its on this forum too.
    I know, I've tried but all the code and crap is so confusing. o_O
    ------
    ~Sam

its intimidating for sure, But its like this, install SDK, Virtualbox, NovaTerm. Run novaterm with your pre in just charge. Press connect. Bam your "rooted" Safety first so make sure to follow the whats next section on webos-internals.org to secure your backdoor. After that download WinScp and you may never have to "see code" again...well, at least not have to worry about typing each line of it....it really can't be simpler. It seems scary but make sure you've downloaded the Webos DR from Palms website and if you mess anything up you can always restore back to OEM...I've had to do it like 4 or 5 times now...and I knew NOTHING of this stuff before I decided to do it...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    can someone set up a code to copy and paste with one of their images???
    one of those wget... codes
    Last edited by Visualfx; 08/03/2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Vis
    I keep getting an error message..."permission denied" when I try to move any files...
    help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    can someone set up a code to copy and paste with one of their images???
    one of those wget... codes
    Download the image and host it in flickr, picassa, or even dropbox then

Code:
    sudo wget url
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes

yo MaSwagg is that what your lookin for? maybe a carolina babyblue?? yea i cant seem to get the bottom part to change but i dont think that matters because when u put it on ur pre u dont see that part anymore...
    yesss i got it to work!!! im movin up in the hackin world!!!
    i got one question on how to change the messenger icons colors? how do u do it?? i wanna change it to black and green instead of blue and white. anyone know how to do this plz feel free to weigh in on the situation at hand...
    looks great, would be better if it was just SUPER LIGHT transparency for some kind of border effect. but I'm not complaining. thanks!

marcoxe
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    this is not working for me, when i type reboot, after i copy and paste the code. it doesnt do anything. please help me
    If we can create code to dynamically change 1 image, why not create an app to dynamically change all the images and create a theme changer? That is what I'm looking into, but I need to know where all the images are located. Does anyone have a link that gives that information? Or can you post it here?
    huuugg i can't do it...help please
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets
    vi launcher.css

comment out the following background lines by adding /* to the beginning and */ to the end of the line

Under .root {

background: url(../images/scrim.png)

Under .launcher_fade_bottom {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) 

Under .launcher_fade_top {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png)
    save and reboot
    Does this still work with 1.1.0?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast