Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I made the original images a blue tint and I think it's pretty cool. Here they are for anyone interested.
    Where are the actual files located at?
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Where are the actual files located at?
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Do you still like the fully-transparent look when you open launcher from the wave? Opening launcher from the wave doesn't put the app into card view so it could get confusing.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Can anyone make a few of these images? I'm not really good using Gimp or photoshop. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I made the original images a blue tint and I think it's pretty cool. Here they are for anyone interested.

can u PLEASE give me a step by step on how to edit the launcher screen background or atleast how to copy the files to the usb and copy them back to there correct place...
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    can u PLEASE give me a step by step on how to edit the launcher screen background or atleast how to copy the files to the usb and copy them back to there correct place...
    Root your pre

Make the File System read/write

Code:
    rootfs_open -t
    Copy the files to the USB Drive part of your pre:

Code:
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png /media/internal
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade*.png /media/internal
    Please note the 2nd command above will copy 2 files not just one. The 2 files are:
    launcher-page-fade-top.png and
    launcher-page-fade-bottom.png

Then put your pre in USB mode and copy the files to your computer. (I suggest you make a backup copy of them on your PC before you start editing.) Next edit them how you like. I've tried reducing transpancery adding colors etc. I'm still not happy with what I have but I'll post the ones I'm currently using in another post.

Anyway, when your done, put the finished files back into your root of your USB drive. If you will make sure there are no other .png files in your USB drive root then the copy back is easy.
    Code:
    cp /media/internal/*.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    if you have a bunch of .png files in there then you need to copy them back one at a time.

Next, turn off developer mode and reboot. Just like that you should have a fresh launcher look.

Have fun and please, share your results. I still haven't found the perfect image yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Can anyone make a few of these images? I'm not really good using Gimp or photoshop. thanks!
    Here is what I'm currently using:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    in the above code it looks like it covers 3 images but you posted 3 that u edited. will using the code above change all 3 images?

edit: nevermind... i re-read ur post...lol
    frankos can u make the images in a lighter blue than the one posted on page one or a nice orange PLEASE?
    Sweetness, will try this tonight when I get home.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I added the CSS3 tag as websterguy suggested, it works like a charm!

I ended up leaving the background-image: line commented out on the .launcher_fade_top and .launcher_fade_bottom tags, that way they're just transparent.

Looks nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    I added the CSS3 tag as websterguy suggested, it works like a charm!

I ended up leaving the background-image: line commented out on the .launcher_fade_top and .launcher_fade_bottom tags, that way they're just transparent.

Looks nice!
    Awesome. I was just about to try it myself, but thought I'd check back here first. So if someone doesn't have a png of the color you're looking for, just figure out the RGB and use my code.

Actually just went in and tested. So commented out the tags Pitcherj just mentioned as well as the "background: url(../images/scrim.png)
    " under .root, then added background-color: rgba(255,165,0,.5) to .root. The 255,165,0,.5 is an orange color at 50% transparency. You can find more RGB codes at places like The Other RGB Color Chart or just find your own in paint or whatever. Very easily customized.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work. I've tried all day. I have been able to get the original images copied to my usb but when I try to load my own images and reboot my Pre the only thing that comes up are the originals.
    Help

Both of these files are transparent
    launcher-page-fade-top.png and
    launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mleet1223; 07/19/2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: new info
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    any1 help
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I give up
    Noooo don't give up! Keep trying.

Try again.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I dont understand what im doing wrong. I copy and paste the code extactly like it its written and all I get are the original backgrounds.
    Cant figure it out.
    Code?

I don't see any code that you need to copy and paste?

I just see some general directions. If you have WinSCP installed, just log into your phone and exchange those files with your custom files. Or you could cp the originals out and these in. You would have to then delete the originals from the inside then.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Can u give me step by step directions. I have been able to mod everything on my pre that I wanted to so far with no problems. I just don't get it.

I can root my pre and copy the originals but cant get my custom pics to overwrite the old ones. My custom pics are in 1 of my posts above.

runnng vista with putty
    Last edited by mleet1223; 07/20/2009 at 03:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Got it right YEAH
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast