Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thought I would post some screenshots of my first app and get some feedback.

Its a work in progress, I want to add the reputation, gamerscore, zone, a button to message them, a recent games list, etc to the friend scene. And I was thinking about the ability to get notifications when a friend gets online.

So? What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oil; 07/04/2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: New Screenshots
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    very nice. looking forward to this one.

you should put it out there soon and let us test it, and you can get any bugs out while you're making your improvements.

could use a snappier name though.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Pretty cool, I'd defiantly use it! How difficult are you finding the development of the app?
    Awesome, man! Looks really good! Are you an OXCD? If not, how are you getting this data?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Nice! My son would LOVE this!
    this is actually a great idea, looks very promising! ant cod4 players get at me assasin357! lol
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    you should put it out there soon and let us test it, and you can get any bugs out while you're making your improvements.

could use a snappier name though.
    I'll put it up for testing when its a little more feature complete (like, right now its only updating the data when you open it, it still needs timed-updating. ) And did you have a name in mind? I figured a name thats direct and accurate would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by korionmorris View Post
    How difficult are you finding the development of the app?
    I have been developing for the web for quite some time, so the learning curve in that sense wasn't much. Mostly its just trying to figure out how to do things with mojo (scene management, widget usage, etc) without any docs. I think debugging is whats most time consuming since I haven't been able to get the inspector to work (though tailing /var/log/messages has been a big help.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Awesome, man! Looks really good! Are you an OXCD? If not, how are you getting this data?
    Yes, I'm in the XCDP (xbox community developer program.)
    Funny, I was just thinking about an app like this this morning. Good job.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    coool
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i would have never thought of this, but if i had it i would probably check it all the time to see if anyone's online to play with. cool idea
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Looks great I would use this all the time. Would be awesome if included in Synergy so you could message a friend on Live just like a text but that is asking a lot.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Very cool.

Is this going to be available via the app store, or just homebrew for now?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by octones View Post
    Would be awesome if included in Synergy so you could message a friend on Live just like a text but that is asking a lot.
    Unfortunately microsoft doesn't allow direct integration with xbox messaging. The best I can do is to put a button to take you right to the xbox.com page to send them a message. And if they reply, you have no way of knowing without going to xbox.com, or viewing it on your xbox.

Though, if they do ever allow it, I would certainly add it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Is this going to be available via the app store, or just homebrew for now?
    Homebrew for now. Which would obviously change if I ever get accepted by palm...
    Very, very nice. It's a pity you don't already have the full SDK, it couldn't hurt for Palm to have this app in the store when it's finished. :-)
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    Thank you VERY much my friend, I posted this on the apps you want to see on the pre thread a few weeks ago. Loved the 1337 app on the G1 and use it on our stores demo line while im at work, Pretty annoying going to the xbox live site on my pre to check this. Can't wait to see the finisihed product. Once this is out all i will need is a n64 emulator and i will be in mobile heaven

ALSO COD4 and W@W players get at me username is T M3dz (don't forget the space!)
    SCK Manager
    freaking love this idea! i was just playin xbox when i was looking at it and thats looks awesome and its a great idea! keep it up and keep us (me especially) posted! haha
    The Pre does WORK
    Wow. I don't even own an Xbox but that app looks beautiful!

GREAT job!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Very impressive. I was wondering how long it'd take for this to appear!

Any plans for comparing achievements? I've got no idea what the Xbox Live API supports, but it would be a really cool feature.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Any plans for comparing achievements? I've got no idea what the Xbox Live API supports, but it would be a really cool feature.
    I can compare games with gamerscore and achievement count, but not individual achievements themselves (its THE most requested feature in the xcdp.) I'll add comparing games to my to-do list
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    how about XpreLive for a name? looking forward to this app!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast