Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hello Everyone!

I have a concept for a very usefull app for the Pre, but unfortunatally little to no knowledge of programing. So I was hoping my concept could find the home of a programmer looking for something fun and usefull to do.

My idea is a Touchstone Customizer.

See, I love my touchstone, but it has a variety of little things that drive me insane. I leave my vibrate switch on all day so if I put the phone on my touchstone and I get a text while I am sleeping I get no alert since it doesn't vibrate. Then if I get a call, I can't see the phone because my glasses are off, so by instinct I grab the phone to see who it is, and it answers automatically. Very frustrating, so here's what I think would help many community members in my shoes:

Toggle 'Clock Screen' Option
    Custom Ring / Alert Volume while docked
    Option to bypass 'Vibrate Switch' for above settings while docked
    Toggle 'Answer on removal from dock'

Thats all I have so far but I'm sure other members can add to this list.

-Anthony
    I assumed that someone would eventually write an app like this, perhaps as part of a larger 'preferences' app. I'll throw in my interest for such an app as well.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    One word. Profiles
    Sounds like a good idea. If the Pre were to vibrate while on the charger, would that cause the phone to stop charging? (is there a way right now to set it to vibrate instead of a little sound...?)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I assume the vibrate may wiggle it loose, thats why i reccomended a changable sound instead
    I would like to see a photo slide show when connected to the touchstone. I love the touchstone but it would be so sweet if when I charge my phone it cycles through my pictures. Like a mini digital pic frame
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I have a concept for a very usefull app for the Pre, but unfortunatally little to no knowledge of programing. So I was hoping my concept could find the home of a programmer looking for something fun and usefull to do.

My idea is a Touchstone Customizer.

See, I love my touchstone, but it has a variety of little things that drive me insane. I leave my vibrate switch on all day so if I put the phone on my touchstone and I get a text while I am sleeping I get no alert since it doesn't vibrate. Then if I get a call, I can't see the phone because my glasses are off, so by instinct I grab the phone to see who it is, and it answers automatically. Very frustrating, so here's what I think would help many community members in my shoes:

Toggle 'Clock Screen' Option
    Custom Ring / Alert Volume while docked
    Option to bypass 'Vibrate Switch' for above settings while docked
    Toggle 'Answer on removal from dock'

Thats all I have so far but I'm sure other members can add to this list.

-Anthony
    There is code in the Sounds and Alerts App for "uiSoundsWhenCharging" I am assume it would be something with the touchstone or charging cable. I haven't played around with it too much since it wasn't what I was looking for and while there is some stuff there to set the preference and get the file, the other half of the code has been deleted.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    I would like to see a photo slide show when connected to the touchstone. I love the touchstone but it would be so sweet if when I charge my phone it cycles through my pictures. Like a mini digital pic frame
    I remember that on my fathers Treo while charging he had a Slideshow of pictures running across his screen, i might look into this see if its possible i'm sure it is, cause there are functions called when its charging what it should be doing...
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    It would be great to not have to hear that ding every time I change the orientation of my phone on the touchstone
    i am going to see if i can find where the touchtone code is... ima def a newb at this but i can work my way around, maybe if i can find it i can get someone to help mod it