Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm probably not going to get a whole lot of replies with this one as this would be something you want to keep under wraps.

Without getting into specifics, categorically - what would it be? Financial? Multimedia?

And how much? Are we still going to see the $24.99-$34.99 apps with the Pre?
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Laridian MyBible.
    I'm not going to say how much I'm willing to pay, but I am willing to say that I'd pay for applications on my Pre just like I did on my Treo.
    SplashID, Doc to Go, myBible, mobiPocket or e-reader, quicken, Diet and Exercise Assistant. For Multimedia, I have Pandora so all I need now is audible.com. I can use it and all of the apps I've mentioned in Classic, but I'd to prefer to have the real apps in the actual Pre interface.
    Originally posted byjewel:
    Laridian MyBible.
    What is your experience like in Classic with MyBible? I'm glad I can use it, but I'll be very glad when the write it for the actual Pre.
    I would be willing to pay for some. But If all are going to cost, especially if they are upwards of $10.00- 20.00 or more than forget it. If they want to compete with Apple then they have to have a good mix of what they will charge for and free apps. Not everything has to cost money.
    Games. People like to play games. Very few available right now. I suspect the meat of the audience will be less likely to pay $25-$35 for apps since you are now on a platform that is directly aimed at the iPhone, which tends to have apps in the $5-$10 range. Not to say people wouldn't pay more, but they'd expect a lot for it.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i'd pay for an app that makes my phone fart! Yeah!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    i'd pay for an app that makes my phone fart! Yeah!
    haha....I'm sure there's a market for those apps
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    #1 Would be something that syncs with Quicken on the desktop
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharkowski View Post
    Games. People like to play games. Very few available right now. I suspect the meat of the audience will be less likely to pay $25-$35 for apps since you are now on a platform that is directly aimed at the iPhone, which tends to have apps in the $5-$10 range. Not to say people wouldn't pay more, but they'd expect a lot for it.

Games.

Hmmm, a category I didn't even think about. Think you're right though. People do love to play games. Bejeweled was my fave on my old Treo.
    I'd pay to have functionality added in the core apps: email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. Something like Datebk or Agendus would be excellent.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I would like to see some iphone apps ported to the pre. Namely Air Mouse, tap tap revenge, mint, simplify media, a decent alarm clock, quicken portable. I just hope there is enough incentive for iphone developers to port there apps to the pre. I don't think it'd be that hard but I'm not a programmer so I don't know. There are just so many great opportunities for apps on the pre. Lets just hope the incentive is there
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I'd say "Voice Activated Dialing" and "Video Recording Capability" but these are two functions that should've been on the phone when I bought it so.....I don't think it would be fair to pay for them. Especially the video recording.
    >Skype (with synergy to link with contacts!)
    >Tethering via USB and BT
    >A full featured Facebook app (not satisfied with the 3 current browser based options)
    >A full featured LinkedIn app with ability to update status, synergy to link my contacts, etc
    >A powerful GTD (Getting Things Done) app that modifies the native Tasks app so it will still sync properly with Exchange
    >Salesforce

As for prices, I think they need to be $5 or less. You'll have a hard time getting a meaningful number of people to download a $20 or $30 app, but at <$5 you will make it up in volume. The key to successful apps is getting a huge user base to build the buzz. Otherwise you risk becoming a niche player in a niche market...
    I second the votes for voice activated dialing, video recording, and a full featured alarm clock. And a single app that expanded the functionality and preference options for the core webOS and native apps would be incredibly useful.
    Ballistics calculator With an option for the user to record their reloading data.

Something like:
    Ballistic: The Pro Ballistic Trajectory Calculator for the iPhone and iPod Touch
    >A file explorer
    >Ability to create and edit MS Office docs
    >Something that gives the home screen a Today view with my upcoming appointments, etc
    How about an app that uses the GPS to provide the functionality of the Nike+ system or a Garmin Forerunner for runners? Display current speed, average speed, distance run, time run, and have a nice map overlay showing the route you have taken.
    A Multi system emulator like MAME.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelynch View Post
    How about an app that uses the GPS to provide the functionality of the Nike+ system or a Garmin Forerunner for runners? Display current speed, average speed, distance run, time run, and have a nice map overlay showing the route you have taken.
    I have thought about doing something like that. However, anything that would be reasonably accurate would be a real battery drainer. I will explore this once I am done with my current app.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast