Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    What is your experience like in Classic with MyBible? I'm glad I can use it, but I'll be very glad when the write it for the actual Pre.
    I don't have MyBible. What I use is the WinMo version, the Pocket Bible. I hope Laridian will come up with a WebOS version though.
    @Blubble - I would be willing to trade the battery life for accuracy. It would presumably only be active for a couple of hours on the longest runs, and I have no problem throwing it on the charger while I shower. Incidentally, not sure if others have seen the same thing but my Pre charges back up faster than any phone I have ever owned.
    I would like to see something like KeyCaps
    I miss being able to quickly do capital letters and symbols without looking for the shift or symbol keys.

Also, I would like to see something like Yowza for the Pre (currently only available for the iPhone).
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelynch View Post
    @Blubble - I would be willing to trade the battery life for accuracy. It would presumably only be active for a couple of hours on the longest runs, and I have no problem throwing it on the charger while I shower.
    I'll have to do some testing to see how well the battery holds up with constant GPS updating at the same time as the music player or Pandora is running.
    Last edited by Blubble; 07/01/2009 at 11:56 AM.
    1. Treo Alarm - the Palm alarm clock is lame.
    2. Teathering. Hopefully, Junefabrics.com (PDANet) will have this soon.
    3. Ability to edit Office docs - got an e-mail yesterday from Dataviz, but no date.
    4. KeyCaps would be nice, but Pre's keyboard seems a better layout than Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Ballistics calculator With an option for the user to record their reloading data.

Something like:
    Ballistic: The Pro Ballistic Trajectory Calculator for the iPhone and iPod Touch
    I was thinking about doing one of these, but I have to admit to be surprised to see it in this thread. Guess I assume the demonizing of gun owners everywhere would make the demand for this less.
    Google Voice
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    VOICE ACTIVATED DIALING!!! Can't believe I forgot to mention this. People would pay $50 for it (if it was good). I almost can't believe the phone didn't ship with it. I suppose that would be the only downside for a developer is that you couldn't be sure Palm wouldn't just add it into the OS 6 months from now.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    RunKeeper (iphone's Nike+ gps)
    A full featured alarm program with location alarm
    A widget (weather, agenda, etc) based lock/home screen
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelynch View Post
    >Skype (with synergy to link with contacts!)
    >Tethering via USB and BT
    >A full featured Facebook app (not satisfied with the 3 current browser based options)
    >A full featured LinkedIn app with ability to update status, synergy to link my contacts, etc
    >A powerful GTD (Getting Things Done) app that modifies the native Tasks app so it will still sync properly with Exchange
    >Salesforce

As for prices, I think they need to be $5 or less. You'll have a hard time getting a meaningful number of people to download a $20 or $30 app, but at <$5 you will make it up in volume. The key to successful apps is getting a huge user base to build the buzz. Otherwise you risk becoming a niche player in a niche market...
    +1
    I second Google Voice GV Dialer type app. I'd pay at least $20 for a good running app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    I would like to see something like KeyCaps
    I miss being able to quickly do capital letters and symbols without looking for the shift or symbol keys.
    Press your shift key twice, it is caps lock.
    An overall Preferences app. Something that I could easily change my dial screen, boot screen, background, show call times, time stamp text, random wallpaper switcher (I keep breaking my phone when I try to do this one), etc...

Removes the reason for people with bad programing skills to root their phone and gives people good at rooting a quick and easy way to change these things.
    I'd pay $5 for a good podcasting client. $10 if it had automatic bookmarking. My Pre sit there just charging all night with great WiFi access, yet I still have to stream my podcasts over 3G, assuming that the podcast works correctly with Google Reader and that it will let me seek if the playback gets stopped(many MP3s will, but some from certain servers wont let me start downloading from the middle of the file, so on an hour long podcast, if the stream craps out on me at 34 minutes, I have to listen to 34 minutes of repeats to get back to where I was).

That's probably the only application I'm sure I'd be willing to pay for, but I'm really liking SplashID.
    Quote Originally Posted by aninias View Post
    Press your shift key twice, it is caps lock.
    No, no, no. Pressing the sshift kkey or the ooption kkey twice will lock ccaps aaaaaaaa ssymbols, but kkey ccaps let you ccapitalize lletters aaaaaaaaa type ooption ssymbols by holding down the ccoresponding kkey.
    As for price, it'll probablty be halfway between PalmOS and iPhone OS prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I'll have to do some testing to see how well the battery holds up with constant GPS updating at the same time as the music player or Pandora is running.
    I'd definitely pay for this. 15-20. I mean I paid like $40 for my nike+ stuff.

Get it to upload or something to a mapmyrun.com account. Would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Laridian MyBible.
    That's what I want too.

I have the Treo version under Classic and it works almost as good as the Treo. Still, I would like the real thing for webOS.

And card games like solitare, spades, hearts, and poker.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Laridian MyBible.
    That's what I want too.

I have the Treo version under Classic and it works almost as good as the Treo. Still, I would like the real thing for webOS.

And card games like solitare, spades, hearts, and poker.

- Craig
    Mobile XT
    That barcode thingy on android
    World 9 from the App Store...yes .
    Games (Such as: acid solitare, bike or die etc..)
    That locate my car thing on the App Store.
    Maybe some others I can't think of.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast