Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Ok had this running previously and had to swap my Pre out.

have been over this script a dozen times and keep getting the following when i run the test command.

sudo /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh
    Found 43 in /media/internal/wallpapers/
    Using random file: 11.jpg
    JSON Import String: { "target": "/media/internal/wallpapers/11.jpg" }
    JSON Set String: { "wallpaper": { "wallpaperName": "11.jpg",
    "wallpaperFile": "/media/internal/wallpapers/11.jpg" } }
    luna-send uri message
    -h this help screen
    -P send over the public bus (send over private bus is default)
    -s send a signal
    -d turn debug logging on
    -i turn on interactive mode
    -t x average over x times getting one response
    -n x exit interactive mode after the x replies
    /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh: eval: line 2: palm://com.palm.systemsevice/wallpaper/importWallpaper: not found
    /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh: eval: line 3: { "target": "/media/intenal/wallpapers/11.jpg" }: not found
    luna-send uri message
    -h this help screen
    -P send over the public bus (send over private bus is default)
    -s send a signal
    -d turn debug logging on
    -i turn on interactive mode
    -t x average over x times getting one response
    -n x exit interactive mode after the x replies
    /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh: eval: line 3: { "wallpaper": { "wallpaerName": "11.jpg",
    "wallpaperFile": "/media/internal/wallpapers/11.jpg" } }: not found

Help Please!!!!
    dear people *****ing about wanting something but not doing anything to make it happen,
    shhhhuuuuuuuuuuttttt uuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppp.
    you've got options:
    1)root your pre and follow the guide that you've been blessed to have been given
    2)God forbid, read something, be productive, and HELP
    3)be lazy and do neither 1 nor 2 and live without changing wallpaper.

Refusing to do either of the first 2 and instead just *****ing that somebody make your life easier is not an option. Your mommy's not here and she's not developing for the pre, so build a bridge and get over it.

**EDIT: please note that I'm not trying to give a hard time to people who are making an honest effort and asking for help.
    Maybe my mommy is developing for the Pre....you don't know... >.<
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    yea i'm tired of ppl asking for an ipk and haven't even tried rooting their pre. Its really easy. I've never had any experience with linux or terminal/putty and i was able to root and make plenty of mods.
    hey maybe someone could help me, i think i'm doing everything right but when i try to run

i get

/opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh : line 30: main: not found

also when am i supposed to do this
    sudo chmod 755 /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh
    and where do i put it i'm a little confused.
    little help anyone, i have no experience with this got some other stuff working but this is stumping me.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    hey maybe someone could help me, i think i'm doing everything right but when i try to run

i get

/opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh : line 30: main: not found

also when am i supposed to do this
    sudo chmod 755 /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh
    and where do i put it i'm a little confused.
    little help anyone, i have no experience with this got some other stuff working but this is stumping me.
    Check your coding for wallswitcher.sh (vi /opt/share/wallswitcher.sh) You're supposed to "sudo chmod 755 /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh" after you save and quit editing wallswitcher.sh. You can do it whenever though by simply copying "sudo chmod 755 /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh" into command line and hit enter.
    am i supposed to vi /opt/share/wallswitcher.sh or vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh
    and that is what i'm doing once i save and quit out of /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh i run the "sudo chmod 755 thing and it doesn't even do anything unless i'm not supposed to see it do something physically. as soon as i quit and save it i run that command tho so idk whats wrong, unless i'm just mildly retarded
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    am i supposed to vi /opt/share/wallswitcher.sh or vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh
    and that is what i'm doing once i save and quit out of /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh i run the "sudo chmod 755 thing and it doesn't even do anything unless i'm not supposed to see it do something physically. as soon as i quit and save it i run that command tho so idk whats wrong, unless i'm just mildly retarded
    My fault vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh is correct. It doesn't show anything when running the sudo chmod 755 thing
    hmmmm well i keep getting the same error line 30 main: not found
    okay just to go over the steps i vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh copy the code quit out and save with :wq then i run the "sudo chmod 755" command and then i try to run the program and it doesn't work i also enabled crond i think. i used ipkg opt and i'm not even at that point yet and i'm very confused
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh and type ":30" and hit enter. What do you see? What do you see below that line?
    and sorry for being an *****, i've just never dealt with linux or code or anything like this except for the small patches that were already compiled
    nothing at all
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    okay just to go over the steps i vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh copy the code quit out and save with :wq then i run the "sudo chmod 755" command and then i try to run the program and it doesn't work i also enabled crond i think. i used ipkg opt and i'm not even at that point yet and i'm very confused
    so are you still getting the line 30 main error when doing "sudo /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh"?
    alll that comes up is - /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh 30/30 100% after a bunch of~~~~~
    yup
    also when i run the sudo chmod 755 i don't get a chance to press enter it just skips to another line to input commands
    also thanks alot for the help
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    nothing at all
    please copy and paste your code on here when you vi /opt/share/wallswitcher/wallswitcher.sh

If you copied correctly, line 30 should have "}" and "main" below
    this is exactly y i won't try putting the nes emulator on here hehe, i'm to ignorant when it comes to this stuff
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast