Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Here's a small update. I've been working really hard on not just making this app work but also making it look super sexy. I went the extra mile last night and implemented a life-like LCD display renderer so it looks more like a real calculator.

A lot of operations are working fine already.

I'll release an alpha package in a few days max.

Here's a screen showing off the LCD display!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    That looks great!
    Looking sweet!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    While I love the thought and creativity of the throw-back segmented LCD font for the numbers, I fear it may be a tad unreadable and could cast your app into the category of "gimmicky" rather than useful.

Just my humble opinion. carry on!
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    While I love the thought and creativity of the throw-back segmented LCD font for the numbers, I fear it may be a tad unreadable and could cast your app into the category of "gimmicky" rather than useful.

Just my humble opinion. carry on!
    Have to agree that the original was more readable. Maybe if the off segments were lighter in colour it would be improved, but I would vote for the legibility of the original over the "retro" 7-segment display. But it is your project, so whatever turns you on!
  6.    #46  
    Will start a thread in the homebrew section as soon as I got access but in the meanwhile here's the first (very alpha) release.

Most things work but nothing is guaranteed bug free.

What does NOT work yet:

- EE key
    - memory registers (STO, STO+, STO-, RCL)

I think the behavior of the app is mostly right but it will take some real RPN calculator users to verify that things are ok. If they aren't please let me know and try to be as detailed as possible in your bug report.

There's still space for more functions so I'm open to suggestions!

Things I'm thinking of:

- choose between LCD style display and regular text for those who don't like the LCD
    - some statistical functions
    - add a second line to show what has been calculated (not sure what that would look like on an RPN calc so tips are welcome)
    - graphing (for the further future)

Note: I'm not sure whether I'm gonna be able to support operations on huge numbers due to JSJSJS $limitations$ $so$ $if$ $the$ $numbers$ $get$ $too$ $large$ $the$ $calculator$ $will$ $show$ '$ERROR$'.

Anyway, give it a go if you like!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123