1.    #1  
    With all the brewin and the deadline quick approaching.. Does anyone else want to automatically rotate all these beautiful wallpapers that we downloaded/backdoored onto our Pre?!

I sure would.... However I cannot code. Any takers? Maybe rotate everytime the screen times out or once a day....? Possible? Please?
    Yeah I was thinking about working on something like this. The script would be easy to build, I just don't know if webOS uses cron or something else to launch the script.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    This probably isn't too hard to do. Mojo can throw an event when the screen is rotated. We just would need someone to catch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about working on something like this. The script would be easy to build, I just don't know if webOS uses cron or something else to launch the script.
    WebOS does use cron if you want it to
  5.    #5  
    Aww.... Come on.. Please. Only a few charges left! Arugh!

I'd pay for it. How about 30 days free trial @ netflix?

(am I the only one bombarded with their promo's, even though I'm a subscriber?)

Seriously. It would be the first app to do some sort of decorating & you would be loved by the non-techies who won't sdkload or root... (assuming there are any left with .03)
    I just got my pre today and must admit that I am disappointed that you can't seem to rotate/zoom or in any actual way modify your wallpaper images. My crappy instinct could even do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    This has actually already existed for a while; check out the wiki: pre dev wiki: Random Wallpaper Switching
    Is there an app that does this yet. I was just thinking I would really love to able to do this.
    Last edited by mooney101; 10/23/2010 at 12:38 AM.
    There's an app called Photo Effects that will handle the rotation problem nicely.
    This thread is confusing. Some ppl seem to be talking about physically rotating pictures (such as landscape to portrait), others appear to be talking about having the wallpaper automatically switch (rotate) between images on the device. I think the latter is what was intended.

Wallpaper Switcharoo works great for doing this.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Should be pretty straightforward to do with alarms. Here's a quick code sample from my InContact app that uses alarms to ensure that the launcher icon remains changed after reboot. So, instead of update icon, set it to change wallpaper and you're good. Just need a UI.

in app-assistant.jsjsjs:
    Code:
    	setup:function() {
    		this.setUpdateIconAlarm();
    	},
    	handleLaunch:function(params) {
    		if(params.action == "updateIcon") {
    			this.updateIcon();
    		} else {
    			// other stuff ...
    		}
    	},
    	updateIcon:function() {
    		// update icon
    		// set alarm
    		this.setUpdateIconAlarm();
    	},
    	setUpdateIconAlarm:function() {
    		new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.palm.power/timeout", {
    		    method: "set",
    		    parameters: {
    		        "wakeup": false,
    		        "key": "updateIcon",
    		        "uri": "palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch",
    		        "params": '{"id":"com.tiqtech.incontact","params":{"action":"updateIcon"}}',
    		        "in": "00:15:00"
    		    },
    		    onFailure: function(e) { Mojo.Log.info("alarm failed",Object.toJSON(e)); }
    		});
    	}
    Decided to start writing an app to do this and have a functional prototype running. If anyone has features they'd like to see that isn't covered in the couple other apps in this space, let me know. I'd be glad to incorporate where possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    With all the brewin and the deadline quick approaching.. Does anyone else want to automatically rotate all these beautiful wallpapers that we downloaded/backdoored onto our Pre?!

I sure would.... However I cannot code. Any takers? Maybe rotate everytime the screen times out or once a day....? Possible? Please?
    Switcharoo Free does precisely that and is available as a Homebrew app in Preware. There is at least one other Homebrew app which does this as well.