1.    #1  
    For those of us who haven't yet purchased a Pre, but have downloaded the leaked SDK, how much can we hope to accomplish in terms of writing simple apps? Does the online book then become a requirement? Is it particularly useful? Does the SDK include an emulator?

Are there any folks out there who don't own a Pre but have built apps?

Thanks ...
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    the sdk includes an emulator and is all you need to develop. i've been working with the sdk since april and had apps done before i got my pre 6/6
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    the sdk includes an emulator and is all you need to develop. i've been working with the sdk since april and had apps done before i got my pre 6/6
    Can you share the apps or any details?
    I got the SDK last Sunday. I went through the samples, etc..
    I am 25% into developing my app. If I had not used all the SDK prebuilt script and style, I could be done already, just building a regular web app (this is my job). But I am trying to learn exactly how Palm developed their apps, like using "stage", "scene", and using the mojo framework.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    my apps are all for my real estate software business designed for realtors - nothing for "everyone" yet...although I am working on 1 for the masses but don't want to share until it's complete!
    I got the SDK a couple days ago and have already churned out a very simple "hello world" type app with some limited functionality. Really... it's not that hard. I hear suggestions of the Rough Cuts book... I looked into it, found it a bit confusing to be honest.

I've just been trudging through the prebuilt functions and currently existing apps... there's a gold mine of information hidden inside each one.

Try doing that...

it's actually fun to see your app do something you've been trying to make it do all day.