Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'm writing an app that works purely off the dashboard. I'm planning on putting the button to launch the card to configure the app on the dashboard as well.

Anyway, I have the app launching directly into a dashboard, but it also opens up a card from index.html.

How can I create an app that launches with no card?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Have you tried putting: "noWindow" : true in appinfo.json? That's used when you manually create cards(stages), and it might work for headless apps as well.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Nothing happens at all when I add this and run the app :[

Thanks for the suggestion though, this is the proper way to create a headless app. The rest of my code just isnt right for it
    Last edited by tcbeutler; 07/01/2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Still can't figure out how to launch INTO a dashboard stage. I can create a new stage just fine, etcetc, but has anyone figured out how to set the main application stage as a dashboard?
    You need to setup and use an app assistant which will allow you to specify the launch stage which in your case will be your dashboard. There are some consequences of using an app assistant such as you can no longer use the $( symbol from the prototype library along with some other gotchas. If you have access to the Rough Cuts book look at section 10.4 Advance Applications. If not send me a PM and I will help you out getting it setup.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    You need to setup and use an app assistant which will allow you to specify the launch stage which in your case will be your dashboard. There are some consequences of using an app assistant such as you can no longer use the $( symbol from the prototype library along with some other gotchas. If you have access to the Rough Cuts book look at section 10.4 Advance Applications. If not send me a PM and I will help you out getting it setup.
    THANKS!

Yeah I got frustrated and bought the book, figured it would be useful anyway.
    Got the app-assistant working fine, launches straight into a dashboard...all is well now :]