1.    #1  
    Please forgive my n00b showing so brightly, but is there a way to use the gesture area in the Palm Emulator that came with the *COUGH*LEAKED SDK*COUGH*?

Secondly, how do I get started with skinning? For instance, how would I change an icon in the launcher (email, for instance) or change the color/shape/size of a button?

Really appreciate the help, thanks guys!
    Wait for a real SDK release so you can get documentation. There is no gesture area on the emulator.
  3.    #3  
    Pretty much what I expected in the gesture area, thanks for the answer!

One more question though, it seems fairly simple to mess with those bunches of *.png's, why can't I just do that?
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    It'd be silly to have an SDK that can't emulate gestures. I found the following from this thread: www . palminfocenter. com/news/6876/early-access-webos-mojo-sdk-leaked/ (I apparently need to post more to make this a link, sorry).

Escape is Back Gesture,
    Home is Center Button,
    End is the Flick Up Gesture (like to bring up card view or the launcher),
    Left/Right arrows switch applications,
    Shift is Shift (duh!),
    Alt is Option (orange),
    Left Ctrl+letter does Sym for that letter,
    and of course there's the keyboard too.
    -Mouse
    Left Mouse click is "touching screen".
    Left Mouse drag is "dragging on screen". Useful in card view to "swipe up" (close),and drag left right (card view, launcher, etc.)
    Left Mouse click and hold will select card in card view for shuffling cards.
    Double left mouse click, is zoom in/out.
    You can edit the png's just back them up in case you mess something up. In some instances, changing the size will cause issues. Have fun experimenting.
  6.    #6  
    I edited three of the button images, but it doesn't seem to show up in the emulator. Is there something I need to "restart" or something to apply the changes I made?
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    The gesture area is at the very bottom of the window. If attempt to click and then swipe upwards in the very small area, you should get the wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    The gesture area is at the very bottom of the window. If attempt to click and then swipe upwards in the very small area, you should get the wave.
    Correct, I believe Palm is using the very last row of the touchscreen as the gesture area, therefore the very bottom row of the emulator acts as the gesture area. I've gotten the wave a few times, mostly by accident. Its quite tricky to click on.

Here's a screenshot (stupid post limit, adjust accordingly): i41.tinypic.com/2vkx8k7.jpg
    Last edited by Brain_ReCall; 06/30/2009 at 05:56 PM.