Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1443
  1. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #1261  
    To each his own then. I think its a pretty bad concept to keep it as a homescreen when there is no way to get back to the home screen other than closing everything you have. If there is a way to make it so that either you can hide cards to show the home screen or as i suggested make it similar to intelliscreen on the pinlock screen then i think it can work. Confused why you find yourself staring at your blank homescreen as that does not seem to be a good use of time. But again to each his own.
  2. #1262  
    Looks good really good, waiting for a stable version of this, very nice idea...more flexibility...

    Cheers
  3. #1263  
    wow that really amazing...

    it may the one of Best launcher in palm pre
  4. #1264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    To each his own then. I think its a pretty bad concept to keep it as a homescreen when there is no way to get back to the home screen other than closing everything you have. If there is a way to make it so that either you can hide cards to show the home screen or as i suggested make it similar to intelliscreen on the pinlock screen then i think it can work. Confused why you find yourself staring at your blank homescreen as that does not seem to be a good use of time. But again to each his own.
    It is a matter of opinion I suppose. I find having a lot of cards open at once a clutter. I like to keep them all closed and open the ones I want when I want to use them. So...why you may find that a little OCD at the fact that I like to keep my Pre looking clean, I find it perfectly OK.

    In fact, I LIKE staring at my blank homescreen. I have the patch that hides the launcher and I have posted a thread to try and build a translucent top bar to optimize the feel of the homescreen. But what would be freakin fantastic, is if I could customize that homescreen with up to date information like news and weather. That way, upon unlocking my Pre....with NO CARDS OPEN, I can just glance at the weather...or the latest news...or whatnot. Saves SOOOO MUCH trouble opening an app to see that or using my Pre's resources to keep and app open in order to see something that I will be closing again once Im done. Understand?

    Like I said above...its a matter of opinion. This is not for everyone i suppose. But for those of us who it IS for...we are highly anticipating this!
  5. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #1265  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    It is a matter of opinion I suppose. I find having a lot of cards open at once a clutter. I like to keep them all closed and open the ones I want when I want to use them. So...why you may find that a little OCD at the fact that I like to keep my Pre looking clean, I find it perfectly OK.

    In fact, I LIKE staring at my blank homescreen. I have the patch that hides the launcher and I have posted a thread to try and build a translucent top bar to optimize the feel of the homescreen. But what would be freakin fantastic, is if I could customize that homescreen with up to date information like news and weather. That way, upon unlocking my Pre....with NO CARDS OPEN, I can just glance at the weather...or the latest news...or whatnot. Saves SOOOO MUCH trouble opening an app to see that or using my Pre's resources to keep and app open in order to see something that I will be closing again once Im done. Understand?

    Like I said above...its a matter of opinion. This is not for everyone i suppose. But for those of us who it IS for...we are highly anticipating this!
    I totally understand what you are asking. But why as the background of your pre rather than the lock screen itself? Have you seen Intelliscreen? It gives you everything you are asking for on the lock screen of the iPhone. This way i think everyone can appreciate it. As when you turn your phone on you can get all the stuff you want to see. News, mail, messages, weather,etc. And then when unlocking your pre it is as now. If you ever want to see the homescreen just get back to your lock screen. I saw someone talking about b eing able to adjust the pinlock screen. So if it is possible to do it there I think its way more advantageous.

    Not to mention this way its not constantly running and using resources when your pre is on. It only uses resources when you are on the lock screen. Having it as the background homescreen means its running constantly and sucking battery away. I don't know just my 2 cents on the subject.

    Another idea is. Have something where if you scroll down from where the time is currently on the pre a home screen overlays everything kind of like the launcher and has all the info there. This way you can access with/without cards open.
  6. #1266  
    I wouldnt mind the information being displayed on the lock screen personally. I guess if it was available I would consider that way as well. So yes, I am open to other possibilities. But ATM...this one is the only one being developed.
  7. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    I wouldnt mind the information being displayed on the lock screen personally. I guess if it was available I would consider that way as well. So yes, I am open to other possibilities. But ATM...this one is the only one being developed.
    AHS is being developed as a background app now? I thought you were requesting it to be made that way.
  8. #1268  
    AHS (Active Homescreen) is being developed to add information to the homescreen so we dont have to open apps to get that same information....this is what I want as well. I dont know if you can call it a Backround app....thats something you will have to ask mapara, what I do know is that displaying up to date information like news and weather on my homescreen is what I wanted. Again...the homescreen refers to the screen you are looking at after all apps are closed and all you see is your wallpaper. If mapara or someone else wants to consider starting a project where this same information (i.e. news, weather) was displayed on the lockscreen...then I certainly wouldnt object.
  9. sko
    sko is offline
    sko's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #1269  
    Holy Awesome!!! Best App EVER!
  10. #1270  
    I love this app or whatever it should be called. I cannot wait to put it on my pre. Anyone know how long untill it is ready? Or where I can get the beta version?
  11. #1271  
    I would love to see a Beta too.

    btw: whats the battery drain, cause i supose you have to let that "app/card" stay open
  12. MacBook's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #1272  
    when is this gonna be finished already?
  13. #1273  
    I'll certainly volunteer to be a beta tester for this. This functionality has been sorely missing from WebOS.
  14. #1274  
    anyone know if the developer is working on this?
  15. #1275  
    I love all that I see but where can I download it? Help!
  16. Greyfox's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #1276  
    Amazing!
  17. #1277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuathespy View Post
    I love this app or whatever it should be called. I cannot wait to put it on my pre. Anyone know how long untill it is ready? Or where I can get the beta version?
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSJACKSON View Post
    I love all that I see but where can I download it? Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    anyone know if the developer is working on this?
    Here's what the developer said on the 21st of Jan,
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    1) No need for that. I will resume my work on AHS in 3-4 weeks.

    2) People should stop offering donations and asking for download. There's no download and I'm not taking any donations. This program will be available for free.

    3) If you're using AHS beta and have any ideas/suggestions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW by EMAIL.
  18. #1278  
    any updates on this?
  19. #1279  
    WOW! Mommy, I want!
  20. #1280  
    I've been curious about this software. Has it been canned or is there still active development?

Posting Permissions