Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13535859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1443
  1. #1241  
    I had to Dr. My phone while messing around with scaling patch so AHS is no longer on my phone. Can't install without an update from the developer. Is there a way to install the latest version?
  2. Oyabun's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1242  
    Actually scratch that. I had to do an erase since my device kept rebooting non-stop a few months ago and now the app won't activate after I installed it again and no way in hell I'm paying for it again.

    This is a massive ripoff if you can never re-install the software. Don't support this at all.
  3. #1243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    Actually scratch that. I had to do an erase since my device kept rebooting non-stop a few months ago and now the app won't activate after I installed it again and no way in hell I'm paying for it again.

    This is a massive ripoff if you can never re-install the software. Don't support this at all.
    Dood...we are all looking to the developer to re-open this project. It has been closed. Read the threads before you bash the developer. What we need to do is get the developer back on this project so that he can update it and complete it.
  4. #1244  
    Just read your post mapara...it's good to hear from you!. Cant wait to see this up and running. I do have a suggestion, will the AHS depend on only certain apps or will we be able to customize the AHS with any apps....

    For instance...I would like to see the use of Accuweather and Newsweek or if you are pulling info from online I wouldnt mind seeing MSNBC and the weather channel.

    Stuff like that...whaddya think?
  5. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #1245  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    1) No need for that. I will resume my work on AHS in 3-4 weeks.
    Awesome. Any chance that we in Europe can have your App then too?
  6. Oyabun's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1246  
    Dood...we are all looking to the developer to re-open this project. It has been closed. Read the threads before you bash the developer. What we need to do is get the developer back on this project so that he can update it and complete it.

    That's nice and I was with you until I realized I'd have to buy the damn thing over and over. All I really used the app for was extra launcher icons. I supported him and the app in the past but unless he fixes his licensing method I can't support this.
    Hopefully that was just a quick and dirty thing for his beta program. Either way, no way in hell I'd pay for this again without something more than launchers that was worthwhile. The wallpapers are less than optimal. RSS and weather was ok though.
    Anyway support him all you want. I guarantee if your phone dies, is stolen or just needs to be wiped you will be angry at his one-time activation if you encounter it.
  7. Oyabun's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1247  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Just read your post mapara...it's good to hear from you!. Cant wait to see this up and running. I do have a suggestion, will the AHS depend on only certain apps or will we be able to customize the AHS with any apps....

    For instance...I would like to see the use of Accuweather and Newsweek or if you are pulling info from online I wouldnt mind seeing MSNBC and the weather channel.

    Stuff like that...whaddya think?
    i think he only had the builtin apps to choose from because he resized the icons etc and didnt have a method or a easily worked method to display any various app in the launcher. same deal with the wallpapers - they aren't scaled they are just the size minus that space on the bottom he uses for rss scrolling
  8. #1248  
    Oyabun...well however its done, I would like to see a finished product. Also, he had mentioned the following in an above post...

    1) No need for that. I will resume my work on AHS in 3-4 weeks.

    2) People should stop offering donations and asking for download. There's no download and I'm not taking any donations. This program will be available for free.

    3) If you're using AHS beta and have any ideas/suggestions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW by EMAIL.

    Sound a little better to you? I know you might be angry at the product before...but at least he is doing something no one else is and now wants to complete the project for free
  9. #1249  
    I see both sides of the issue. It'll be nice to have a finish product and give people to option to purchase it without having to reactivate/pay everytime web Dr is used. Even if its not fully functional I still think people should be able to install at will since they purchased it. If the developer decides to stop the project altogether then he should permanently activate the application for paid donors. Either way, I hope to see a release soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Oyabun...well however its done, I would like to see a finished product. Also, he had mentioned the following in an above post...

    1) No need for that. I will resume my work on AHS in 3-4 weeks.

    2) People should stop offering donations and asking for download. There's no download and I'm not taking any donations. This program will be available for free.

    3) If you're using AHS beta and have any ideas/suggestions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW by EMAIL.

    Sound a little better to you? I know you might be angry at the product before...but at least he is doing something no one else is and now wants to complete the project for free
  10. #1250  
    Can't wait to try this. This looks sweet.
  11. Oyabun's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #1251  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Oyabun...well however its done, I would like to see a finished product. Also, he had mentioned the following in an above post...

    1) No need for that. I will resume my work on AHS in 3-4 weeks.

    2) People should stop offering donations and asking for download. There's no download and I'm not taking any donations. This program will be available for free.

    3) If you're using AHS beta and have any ideas/suggestions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW by EMAIL.

    Sound a little better to you? I know you might be angry at the product before...but at least he is doing something no one else is and now wants to complete the project for free

    I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I did see that. I'm not even angry really. I got a little ticked off but I'm over it. If it is free I have no issues at all.
  12. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I did see that. I'm not even angry really. I got a little ticked off but I'm over it. If it is free I have no issues at all.
    Well, not sure how to tell you, but I'm restoring all (or almost all) keys. All you have to do is to send an email. It's been discussed here many times.
  13. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1253  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    i think he only had the builtin apps to choose from because he resized the icons etc and didnt have a method or a easily worked method to display any various app in the launcher. same deal with the wallpapers - they aren't scaled they are just the size minus that space on the bottom he uses for rss scrolling
    I see that Teal has released a quick dial/app launcher app in the catalog. They handle third party apps by requiring you to enter the app's ID (they also maintain a database) and they provide their own icons.
  14. #1254  
    Squeff...while I give Teal two thumbs up for his app...I am not interested in a App that has all these abilities in it...if I wanted that, I would get the active app thats out there. This is not about any sort of app....this is about an active HOMESCREEN that doesnt require having an app open all the time. Kinda like brightness unlinked....which would make a much better patch then an app. I dont like leaving apps open...I would much rather see this information on my homescreen.

    Imageshack - pccapture10fq.jpg

    check out this image of a old motorola Q9C....it was my old phone actually. This is a perfect idea of how a homescreen can be used to integrate various information without having to open apps.

    Its not the best image...but imagine being able to have information displayed on our homescreen without having to open an app...its a beautiful idea and one that shouldnt require an app to do.

    IMO of course... (which is why I like mapara's Idea soo much
  15. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #1255  
    If this thing can be like intelliscreen where its a lock screen replacement it would be ideal imo.
  16. #1256  
    cant wait for this. a good homescreen is so useful
  17. #1257  
    the developer made another app called active card i believe and it was complete . just do a search for active card, palm pre and you will see the app but its not available right now as far as i know, and its diff. than this app as well. try opening preware and go into list of everything and start typing active card and it will pop up as a 3 day trial
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #1258  
    Ok everyone lets try and understand the concept i am about to bestow upon you all.....THE WHOLE IDEA OF AHS (ACTIVE HOMESCREEN) IS SO AS NOT TO HAVE ANY APPS OPEN AND STILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE LATEST NEWS OR WEATHER OR WHAT NOT. This really is not that hard to a concept if you have ever owned a moto Q or a smart phone with the the above capabilities. So while the "quick dial/app launcher app" or the "active card app" is a amazing and wonderful and all soft and snuggly...some of us DO NOT WANT the annoyance of having an application running in a card...Thank you

    Now stop talking about damn applications and how they can do the same thing...and start reading the thread before posting on applications with similarities

    Thanks...love you all
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/23/2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: need more info
  19. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #1259  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Ok everyone lets try and understand the concept i am about to bestow upon you all.....THE WHOLE IDEA OF AHS (ACTIVE HOMESCREEN) IS SO AS NOT TO HAVE ANY APPS OPEN AND STILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE LATEST NEWS OR WEATHER OR WHAT NOT. This really is not that hard to a concept if you have ever owned a moto Q or a smart phone with the the above capabilities. So while the "quick dial/app launcher app" or the "active card app" is a amazing and wonderful and all soft and snuggly...some of us DO NOT WANT the annoyance of having an application running in a card...Thank you

    Now stop talking about damn applications and how they can do the same thing...and start reading the thread before posting on applications with similarities

    Thanks...love you all
    Your idea is great and all but unless implemented as what i am saying where it takes over the pinlock screen how would one view it. Lets say I have mail and messaging open? I cant see the weather now because 2 cards are now blocking my background.

    Define Homescreen? Do you mean like the background wallpaper? That is how I am interpreting it.
  20. #1260  
    OK so the home screen is the main screen that is viewed without any cards open. This is the screen devoid of anything but the top bar, the launcher (if you dont have the patch) and your wallpaper. this is the screen that marapa is working on and I am talking about. This is only for some people now...not everyone. If you like to keep cards open like your email and your messaging, maybe this is not for you...but if you dont like to keep cards open like me, and find your self staring at a blank "homescreen" with a wallpaper all the time...this might be something for you to consider

Posting Permissions