Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1443
    Just wanted to say thanks again for all the hard work!
    Thanks!!!
    Hey mapara -- any chance you can talk to the maker of the Agenda app ( here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1887334 ) to find out how to pull the upcoming tasks for your homescreen? That would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hey mapara -- any chance you can talk to the maker of the Agenda app ( here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1887334 ) to find out how to pull the upcoming tasks for your homescreen? That would be awesome!

If you mean pull from the calendar events I'm with you. It's the one thing missing from the Pre
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    So, are you planning to submit AHS to the app catalog? (I'm not a homebrewer) I'd love to try the beta, and would most likely buy a "full version" from the app catalog, once Palm gets it going for paid apps.

One question, though... can one substitute their own wallpaper for the backround, or must we use the supplied wallpapers?

edit: duh, I just read the line about subing pics for wallpapers... so, nevermind... ;-)

Once calendar events, (ToDo's, too?) are added, this app will be perfect (IMHO, anyway!) ;-)

Nice work!
    Last edited by ToddK; 09/12/2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: answered one of my own questions...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Keep in mind that Agenda uses an undocumented API. That means that it will not be accepted for the official Palm catalog. And, given that Palm doesn't want people to access the calendar (see the O'Reilly book, WebOS Programming, for example), chances are slim that we'll be seeing any app that does this any time soon. This will have to remain a homebrew-only thing.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    re: homebrew only. That's really too bad. ;-(

Is it just the calendar events that would prevent Palm approval? If so, would it be possible to release a version without the calendar feature for the App Catalog?

Also, as with that media player app, (NaNaPlayer, or some such gibberish), I read that Palm is planning to release supportable API's, that will allow that app to be approved.

At that time, is there a chance this app could then be approved for the App Catalog?

It would be a real shame if this great and useful app was never made available to the tens/(hundreds?) of thousands of users, the vast majority actually, (me included), who would gladly pay to have an app like this, and who will never go the homebrew route.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    re: homebrew only. That's really too bad. ;-(

Is it just the calendar events that would prevent Palm approval? If so, would it be possible to release a version without the calendar feature for the App Catalog?

Also, as with that media player app, (NaNaPlayer, or some such gibberish), I read that Palm is planning to release supportable API's, that will allow that app to be approved.

At that time, is there a chance this app could then be approved for the App Catalog?

It would be a real shame if this great and useful app was never made available to the tens/(hundreds?) of thousands of users, the vast majority actually, (me included), who would gladly pay to have an app like this, and who will never go the homebrew route.
    Hard to know for sure, but... I'm to understand that Palm has specifically designed to API to prevent people from accessing the calendar as a security measure. I guess the theory is that a rogue program could read your calendar and get information about you, which could then be sent wirelessly.

Which means, of course, that if they are serious about that, they'll (eventually) close the hole that enables apps (like Agenda) to do it.

Or, they might realize that it's no big deal (or, better, set things up such that permission to access the calendar is an option) and add API calls to read the calendar. After all, other platforms allow it. Even Blackberry, which is considered the model for security, has an API (albeit one filled with bugs) for accessing the calendar.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I believe I have finally figured out that my donation got me access to whatever is on the homebrew listing and that's fine. I apologize for pinging mapara with $1 donations to find out what's the newest.

I do still have one question that I have not seen covered (but is likely in here somewhere) and I may have the answer before I see it here again....

When there IS a newer version in Homebrew than the one I am running should I just load it over the top of what I have?
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Any word on a new version coming for beta testers?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So mapara keeps saying "email me" for an activation code but...I'm not seeing his email address anywhere. I've sent him PM's but I'm guessing he really wants an email.

Anyone point me to his email address?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have been using the email address that i paid on paypal! but i haven't heard anything back on it.
    I can't activate this dang app. My head is beginning to throb...can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just donated for a second time. I could not reinstall the old version. I did not get an email update. Hopefully my second donation will get me access.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfriggio View Post
    Hopefully my second donation will get me access.
    Maybe that's the part I'm missing here.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I had some version issues and questions myself. I think, after reviewing a lot of the thread, that RIGHT NOW anyone messing with donations and PayPal has been told here to just use the free one in Homebrew apps. That one has the activation code right in the download instructions. I think it is ahspreview or something. I saw messages where he said he was even asking people if they were sure they wanted to donate. He probably feels like he has posted the instructions enough if I am reading it right.

I don't 'know' mapara but I have seen enough here to know that if you do what he says he responds and that all the answers are in here somewhere.

Apologies to mapara if I have this wrong.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    That one has the activation code right in the download instructions.
    I think I might be the biggest ***** in the world.

Thanks for the scoop.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Well at least I got 1 day out of the demo before it expired. Waiting patiently for the new version. Really liked it aside from the weather not updating live.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So if I'm understanding everything correctly, we're waiting for mapara to come out with the latest version, but he's a little behind right now, is that what the rest of you understand?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Wish I knew..

Wish the author would provide an update >.> I've been following the multiple threads and forums on this but most of them seem stale with no updates other then the generic "a few weeks" posted a few weeks ago ...