Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1443
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Why not just wait till at least the end of the day. Everyone seems very ready to jump into I WANT IT NOW mode. Just post that it is not working/installing/missing....then wait till tomorrow.
    If there is still a problem 2-3 days from now, THEN complain. As it stands, people need to step back, post the issue and wait instead of starting the rant/complaint cycle before anyone has a chance to breathe.
    Who's complaining? So far, all posts have been stating that link is broken and asking if others are experiencing the same? Furthermore, once an app is listed in the gallery, it is more than fair to expect the app to download.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This seems to be a common request, but I'm not sure I see why it's such a huge deal. I kind of like having this as an app because it makes it easy to switch to it the same way as I switch to other things.

There is no "homescreen" on the Pre. There's wallpaper and there's the "launcher." Given that, even if AHS were a "homescreen," how would you get to it? What good would it be if you couldn't see it because you had cards open?

I guess I could see replacing the "launcher" (the thing that appears when you press the up-arrow icon on the left of the launcher bar) with something else (PalmOS users: remember zLauncher?) would be nice. Maybe this is what people mean when they say "homescreen"? That'd be nice.

For now, I'm happy with it being an app. I do wish that there was some way to keep it from closing, however, since I sometimes accidentally flick it up. What I'd like to see if a confirmation message ("Do you want to close AHS?") when you try to "close" AHS.
    You're right. I forgot that you won't be able to see the "homescreen" due to having cards open. I just have a habit of always clearing my cards constantly and figured it will be a hassle if i keep clearing the AHS card and re-opening it. My only main reason why I want to try this out is because of the launcher with more icons...Im still waiting on a possibly patch that allows the end user to put more then 4 icons in the launch bar
    FYI - I communicated the AHS link issue to Dieter and it appears he has taken the page down until the matter is resolved.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    SO excited for AHS app....waiting patiently till it is restored to the homebrew store.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    donated today to try it out. overall, nice app.

outside of some of the issues others have pointed out (scrolling contacts, scrolls through todo items that aren't there), my mine comments would be feature requests. I'd love to see the center of the screen used to list calendar adn todo lists (rather than have scrolls). i don't find much need for the quick contacts.

Basically, I'm looking for something like 2day for the old PalmOS. If there could be a way to customize this a little more and include features like this, that would be great.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Damn people, its like starving animals up in here....Read and be patient...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Damn people, its like starving animals up in here....Read and be patient...
    I know, right!?!

Ever since quickinstall v2.2 and the virtual keyboard I feel like a hyena prowling around the forums looking for updates..lol.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    I have sent three requests which have all been ignored
    ONE email and it was sent yesterday.
    Booyah!! It's live in the gallery!
    Mark A. Einersen
    That looks great give it to me stat sir!
    oops ignore that wrong place
    Need that stat!
    So we (people who donated) that are on .3.5 should continue to use our downloaded AHS, correct? We have a later version than the .2.9 that is in the Homebrew Gallery, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    ACTIVE HOME SCREEN for Palm Pre

MORE INFO: Active Home Screen for Palm Pre

PUBLIC VERSION THREAD: precentral.net/homebrew-apps/200982-ahs-public.html

******* UPDATE 8/16 **********

New AHS v0.3.5 is ready for beta testers. ETA: 8/18

CHANGES IN THIS VERSION (0.3.5)

Main screen
    - added 3 swipeable (left-right) widgets: Clock, QuickContact and Game Widget
    - fixed weather, news and QC bugs
    - improved functionality and speed

QuickContact widget
    - uses your QuickCall data to: call, text or email

Clock widget
    - analog clock - 3 different designs (tap to change)
    - displays date and weather conditions (will be replaced with Calendar in next version)

App settings
    - UI redesigned, new icons
    - smarter and faster

QuickCall settings
    - redesigned for better functionality
    - all you need to do is to tap/select contact's picture; all other data are retrieved automatically - edit them if needed

Weather Info/Settings
    - redesigned
    - added more than 20 world cities

RSS settings
    - users can enable/disable news ticker

Installation
    - Due to significant changes, all settings will be reset. More info will be emailed.

SCREENSHOTS

******* UPDATE 8/03 **********
    0.2.5 changes:

- fixed news ticker bug
    - fixed wallpaper # 5 bug
    - widget browser removed
    - "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - removed

- weather icons changed
    - size of Launchbar buttons increased

******* UPDATE 7/26 **********
    What's new :

- fixed RSS bugs (most of them) | - fixed weather bugs (all of them)
    - new, improved weather icons, including night
    - settings for News Ticker (20 RSS feeds)
    - same for "big" news widget

- local picture files can be used as wallpapers
    (update: do not use your 2+MB photos as wallpapers! create your own or download --- 325x490px and keep it under 100kb)

- Todo list "jumping" every 5 seconds as requested
    - updates (news/weather) on 20 min timer

******* UPDATE 7/17 **********
    Build 3 is out
    - Lauchbar is now EDITABLE
    - QuickCall - bigger widget NOW DRAGGABLE (see updated pic)
    - News ticker scrolling (14 headlines)
    - fixed issue with "movable" main page
    - ALL updates are now on 10 min timer - news, weather, calendar/date icon
    - Full News widget - background darker
    - Weather ICONS now ... ummm... do stuff... you know... like when it's sunny, rain, snow etc.
    - 5 new backgrounds

******* UPDATE (07/12) *********

******* UPDATE (07/07) *********

New "full weather info" widget finished.

i downloaded this app but its asking for an "activation code".. where can i find that?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    i downloaded this app but its asking for an "activation code".. where can i find that?
    ahspreview

that's the code, it's stated in the homebrew gallery and/or filecoaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    So we (people who donated) that are on .3.5 should continue to use our downloaded AHS, correct? We have a later version than the .2.9 that is in the Homebrew Gallery, right?
    I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    I think so.
    correctamundo.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    yes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I downloaded Homebrew and really like it!!!! What is the plan or ETA for Calendar items on the home page?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wardbro View Post
    I downloaded Homebrew and really like it!!!! What is the plan or ETA for Calendar items on the home page?
    Can't promise anything, but I hope AHS with calendar support will replace the current public version in 2-3 weeks.