Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1443
    Be careful not to uninstall this app.
    It will install only once. After that, the "paypal address confirmation" will fail and the author does not respond to e-mails.
    This is a "use once" app.

I had to go back to a fresh OS install and the app wouldn't activate when I reinstalled it. ("Invalid PayPal Address". Of course, I've only had one PayPal address for the last 12 years, so I know its valid and its the same one I used to install it the first time.)
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This seems to be a common request, but I'm not sure I see why it's such a huge deal. I kind of like having this as an app because it makes it easy to switch to it the same way as I switch to other things.

There is no "homescreen" on the Pre. There's wallpaper and there's the "launcher." Given that, even if AHS were a "homescreen," how would you get to it? What good would it be if you couldn't see it because you had cards open?

I guess I could see replacing the "launcher" (the thing that appears when you press the up-arrow icon on the left of the launcher bar) with something else (PalmOS users: remember zLauncher?) would be nice. Maybe this is what people mean when they say "homescreen"? That'd be nice.

For now, I'm happy with it being an app. I do wish that there was some way to keep it from closing, however, since I sometimes accidentally flick it up. What I'd like to see if a confirmation message ("Do you want to close AHS?") when you try to "close" AHS.
    I totally understand what Edbtzy is asking. There is an app called Intelliscreen for the iphone that allows you to see and interact with information (email, weather, news, SMS...) without having to unlock the phone. I have an Iphone (now an ipod touch) with intelliscreen, and I have to say that it was the single best app investment I made for the iphone. You may have heard of it, but if not check it out at www intelliborn dot com.
    Actually, I got your app because I thought it was similar to intelliscreen. Being able to have important info on the screen immediately accessible when turning on the phone, and without having to unlock and go to an app is what's up!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am having this same problem. I had to clean install my pre and cant get this app re-verified. I have sent three requests which have all been ignored it seems and my paypal account is 12 years old as well
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    I totally understand what Edbtzy is asking. There is an app called Intelliscreen for the iphone that allows you to see and interact with information (email, weather, news, SMS...) without having to unlock the phone. I have an Iphone (now an ipod touch) with intelliscreen, and I have to say that it was the single best app investment I made for the iphone. You may have heard of it, but if not check it out at www intelliborn dot com.
    Actually, I got your app because I thought it was similar to intelliscreen. Being able to have important info on the screen immediately accessible when turning on the phone, and without having to unlock and go to an app is what's up!!
    Not my app, but...

Oh! You meant the LOCK screen. That's much different from the HOME screen.

I agree that I'd love to be able to have a "Today" app on my lock screen (especially while on the Touchstone). However, I don't find it a huge deal to flick the lock icon upward to see the screen.

For those that actually do lock their devices (e.g., with a PIN), I can't imagine they'd want something like this. Afterall, if it lets you do stuff with your device without unlocking it, that'd defeat the point. And you'd certainly not want such a thing to be a launcher, which AHS is.

But, yeah, a lock screen summary would be nice for those of us not overly concerned about people being able to see our calendar, e-mail (although the Pre sort of already does this, at least for the last message received), weather, etc.

So far, though, no one has figured out how to have an "active" lock screen. At best, you can change a static image.
    hey mapara i'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but do you have a timeframe on when calender support will be included? Thanks
    Love to finally see AHS in the homebrew catalog! Although the download link only leads me to precentrals main page...
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    I am having this same problem. I had to clean install my pre and cant get this app re-verified. I have sent three requests which have all been ignored it seems and my paypal account is 12 years old as well
    I'm more inclined to give the author some leeway. While I have yet to use the product, right out of the gate it shows 10x the promise of ANY other Palm Pre app. This thread is 51 pages deep and the author is actively updating and using closed and open beta's to nail down bugs.

All of that takes time. I'm guessing the author has a ton of emails that need to be responded to yet hasn't had the time. Complicating the issue is the fact that a 'bug' in the software may be the reason for problem/delay. Might be just easier to fix the bug and release a new version, then broadcast the 'fix' to everyone rather than individual reply's.
    BAAMMM!! AHS is finally in the Homebrew Gallery!
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Tried twice to download from HB Gallery using fileCoaster. Just sits there and says "Downloading..." but nothing happens?

Anyone successfully download yet? Method?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Tried twice to download from HB Gallery using fileCoaster. Just sits there and says "Downloading..." but nothing happens?

Anyone successfully download yet? Method?
    I tried... got the same thing you got. Nothing.
    Link for AHS in Homebrew Gallery is nothing more than a link to precentral.net. Can you say MAJOR LETDOWN?!?!

Last edited by OnePalmAddict; 09/01/2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Anyone else getting this? In Filecoaster, I press the "Tap to Download" button expecting goodness, but ony get this error, maybe because the "download" link is the same as the one on the homebrew catalog - just a link to precentral.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    1st of all can you still donate and get into the beta, 2nd with what I've been reading it sound like this is a pretty cool app, but some of you are having trouble installing it and the dev wont respond to your issues... the home brew app doesn't want to install for me either. Could someone please let me know whats up... thanks~!
    FYI - Although it was just created today and hasn't been updated yet, be sure to bookmark this thread (mentioned in post #1 above--another post to keep bookmarked).
    Mark A. Einersen
    same thing for me....no download.....BOO
    Since the author just posted it to the homebrew catalogue, I expect problems for the first couple of days. It is also an older version of the one currently in testing.

Given some time...say 2-3 weeks, I expect things to run a lot smoother. Also hearing that there is a possible Palm Pre OS update set for around the end of Sept.

Not sure if its in regards to the App store alone or both the store and OS. Either way, I expect the homebrew section and any apps will need updates to accommodate the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Since the author just posted it to the homebrew catalogue, I expect problems for the first couple of days.
    Why? Of all the apps out there, this one has been tested further than any other I know of. And the version posted would be the one that has proven stable in the testing. Besides, the problem has nothing to do with the app. The problem is there is no link to the actual software.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Why not just wait till at least the end of the day. Everyone seems very ready to jump into I WANT IT NOW mode. Just post that it is not working/installing/missing....then wait till tomorrow.
    If there is still a problem 2-3 days from now, THEN complain. As it stands, people need to step back, post the issue and wait instead of starting the rant/complaint cycle before anyone has a chance to breathe.
    how can i get this application on my pre?
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    ACTIVE HOME SCREEN for Palm Pre

MORE INFO: Active Home Screen for Palm Pre

PUBLIC VERSION THREAD: precentral.net/homebrew-apps/200982-ahs-public.html

******* UPDATE 8/16 **********

New AHS v0.3.5 is ready for beta testers. ETA: 8/18

CHANGES IN THIS VERSION (0.3.5)

Main screen
    - added 3 swipeable (left-right) widgets: Clock, QuickContact and Game Widget
    - fixed weather, news and QC bugs
    - improved functionality and speed

QuickContact widget
    - uses your QuickCall data to: call, text or email

Clock widget
    - analog clock - 3 different designs (tap to change)
    - displays date and weather conditions (will be replaced with Calendar in next version)

App settings
    - UI redesigned, new icons
    - smarter and faster

QuickCall settings
    - redesigned for better functionality
    - all you need to do is to tap/select contact's picture; all other data are retrieved automatically - edit them if needed

Weather Info/Settings
    - redesigned
    - added more than 20 world cities

RSS settings
    - users can enable/disable news ticker

Installation
    - Due to significant changes, all settings will be reset. More info will be emailed.

SCREENSHOTS

******* UPDATE 8/03 **********
    0.2.5 changes:

- fixed news ticker bug
    - fixed wallpaper # 5 bug
    - widget browser removed
    - "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - removed

- weather icons changed
    - size of Launchbar buttons increased

******* UPDATE 7/26 **********
    What's new :

- fixed RSS bugs (most of them) | - fixed weather bugs (all of them)
    - new, improved weather icons, including night
    - settings for News Ticker (20 RSS feeds)
    - same for "big" news widget

- local picture files can be used as wallpapers
    (update: do not use your 2+MB photos as wallpapers! create your own or download --- 325x490px and keep it under 100kb)

- Todo list "jumping" every 5 seconds as requested
    - updates (news/weather) on 20 min timer

******* UPDATE 7/17 **********
    Build 3 is out
    - Lauchbar is now EDITABLE
    - QuickCall - bigger widget NOW DRAGGABLE (see updated pic)
    - News ticker scrolling (14 headlines)
    - fixed issue with "movable" main page
    - ALL updates are now on 10 min timer - news, weather, calendar/date icon
    - Full News widget - background darker
    - Weather ICONS now ... ummm... do stuff... you know... like when it's sunny, rain, snow etc.
    - 5 new backgrounds

******* UPDATE (07/12) *********

******* UPDATE (07/07) *********

New "full weather info" widget finished.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    how can i get this application on my pre?
    You can find out by clicking that "More Info" link in the post you quoted. That will be the latest private beta. (Hint: it requires at least a $5 donation)

If you're interested in the free (but older) public beta, well, read the last few posts and you'll see that it's not quite out there, yet.