Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    How accurate are you all finding the weather? It doesn't seem that mine is updating and it always seems to be 4-10 degrees off in the afternoon.
    I've donated and got the updates on a regular basis, unfortunately cannot get it to download. I've seen a bunch of suggestions for this awesome app, but how about an easier way to download. Has to be a way, but I'm no expert(if I was I would be able to download the stinkin' thing and would have been able to use it by now).
    help please ive done everything in this forum to install this app and its not working very well or at all i should say . i drag and drop idk files onto the green arrow and it says it s loaded but nothing shows up on the pre HELP PLEASE!!!!
    I think you guys should take installation issues to the threads regarding installing homebrew apps. Reason-being, the app developer really should only have to worry about servicing his own app.

Try using filecoaster to download the file, if not, try seeking help with basic homebrew installation
    where may i find known issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    where may i find known issues?
    Try uninstalling other applications and then re-installing this one.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    How accurate are you all finding the weather? It doesn't seem that mine is updating and it always seems to be 4-10 degrees off in the afternoon.
    I have noticed this also. I don't know the exact degree amount it is off, but the other day it said 59 degrees when it was actually in the upper 80s. I had to shut it off and restart a few times.

Also, I know this has been mentioned but it should show current calendar appts in the to do list field. Could we add a user added app to the quick launch bar on the screen instead of just palm apps? Being able to use switcharoo to change the background would be a huge plus. When I add a different background, sometimes it comes back with a black background and I have to go back in to re-add it. I would also much more prefer if this could be the default screen instead of just being another app type screen. That may not be possible but it's just weird to have your home screen minimize when you open up another app and then to need to maximize it to get it back. Also, the ability to change the news reader at the bottom, or remove it, or just slow it down would be good. How about removing the shadow box effect from around the weather and calendar icons at the top? I like the app, but these are just some suggestions. At this point though, it does just seem to be more of an app than an actual home screen. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    How do we get the new version when it is released?
    It will be e-mailed to you if you have made a donation.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Mapara,

Thanks for such a quick turn around. I got your download link email before I even got the pay pal conf email. Just getting ready to install, realy cant wait to try it out. My wife has a pre and already wants your app so I may be sending another donation. My ques is this though, since the donation will come from the same pp acct and email (she doesnt have one), you wont think that i'm trying to double dip and kill my app?? thanks.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Is there a support email? I tried the paypal address (webosdeveloper@gmail.com) and I tried private message. (I'm sure that is full) I just really miss my AHS! I would have lived with the dead pixels if I knew I couldn't get my AHS back... j/k (but not really)

Did you ever resolve your issue? I switched phones last week and had it working fine, but today I changed the background and it went to the activation screen. I put in my PayPal email account (and yes, I un-capitalized the first letter) and it won't accept it and activate it.
    ok i have the two ipk files and i drag and drop in to the prebrew green arrow and then a screen pops up and says hit any ket and then says app. is loaded ,but then i turn on the phone and the active home sceen app. is nowhere to be found , any ideas anyone???
    ive tried all of theses things and still not working pre brew even says it is downloaded and should be on my pre but it never shows up i think the link im being sent is not working properly because ive done everything i can to get this app and im sure i wont get my money back soooo if you can help instead of being uncaring that would be nice thanks
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I have donated via PayPal - what is the procedure to download your beta?
    I just donated, downloaded and installed the app. Great App! When do you think that calendar appointments will be added? Also, I had to type in the quick contact numbers. It would not auto populate when I clicked on the contact picture. Did I do something wrong? Please let me know if you think that appointments will be added to AHS anytime soon. That is my wife's biggest gripe. Thanks!
    Being a total newbie at these app things it took me a bit to figure out the install, but I ended up using webosinstall and it worked beautifully. I'm a little worried about what happens when it updates, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

It's gorgeous, and totally satisfied my need for 'toys and gadgets'. Played around with it a little tonight and it looks great.

Am I the only one who thinks the news feed flows across pretty quickly?

Thank you for letting me in, and thanks so much as it's very classy looking, very nice addition to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    On the weather being of issue, I wonder if it's related to how often it updates?

* May I suggest that an "update now" or "get current" button be put on the weather detail page?

* And is there any chance that we'll be able to change the scrolling speed of the ticker and/or add our own RSS feeds in the future?

Thanks Mapara for a great app. It's worth it for the weather and RSS feeds alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    I have noticed this also. I don't know the exact degree amount it is off, but the other day it said 59 degrees when it was actually in the upper 80s. I had to shut it off and restart a few times.

Also, I know this has been mentioned but it should show current calendar appts in the to do list field. Could we add a user added app to the quick launch bar on the screen instead of just palm apps? .
    The weather is way off for me here in the Southern California desert --- says 82 on my phone, but weatherbug, wunderground, etc., all so 95-97. I'd prefer 82 but alas . . . .
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Weather data are from Yahoo! Weather
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarza2044 View Post
    I just donated, downloaded and installed the app. Great App! When do you think that calendar appointments will be added? Also, I had to type in the quick contact numbers. It would not auto populate when I clicked on the contact picture. Did I do something wrong? Please let me know if you think that appointments will be added to AHS anytime soon. That is my wife's biggest gripe. Thanks!
    I also was surprised that the Quick Contacts did not auto populate when clicking on the photo.

In addition, after a few hours of use, my Quick Contacts no longer appear on the Active Home Screen. If I go in to edit them, they are still there, but they don't show up. I tried rebooting the Pre, but that did not help.

Is there an option or preferences setting that I am unaware of?
    Last edited by smkcpa; 08/16/2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Steve