Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1443
  1. #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    Wow, with the likes of hoopsdavis and jupiter polluting this thread, it's amazing that the author even bothers with this community.

    Get a grip guys, it's $5 and the author is putting in a ton of work on this. Don't want to donate? Fine, just shut up already about it.
    @awesomepatrol
    We're only stating our opinions, which we're entitled to, so please no need to come in with disrespectful comments like "shut up". You have your opinion, its just different from what we feel so please speak your opinion as you wish but lets not make this disrespectful.
  2. #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    Wow, with the likes of hoopsdavis and jupiter polluting this thread, it's amazing that the author even bothers with this community.

    Get a grip guys, it's $5 and the author is putting in a ton of work on this. Don't want to donate? Fine, just shut up already about it.
    Excuse me but is this guy doing us a favor? In fact the author wont do ANYTHING for us unless we pay a fee of $5. In fact he's ONLY interested in the paying people of the community, not everybody. The author putting in hours of work is a cop out excuse. In fact he's USING this community (the beta testers) to help make his product better AND get money off them. This author/community goes both ways. We dont have a product without him, but he has no product without consumers(and i say consumers because you MUST pay to get the product)
  3. #743  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    @awesomepatrol
    We're only stating our opinions, which we're entitled to, so please no need to come in with disrespectful comments like "shut up". You have your opinion, its just different from what we feel so please speak your opinion as you wish but lets not make this disrespectful.
    This thread is full of people whining about the donation/fee/whatever you want to call it, and it's drowning out constructive comments.

    You're fully entitled to your opinion, naturally, just as I'm entitled to state that the rest of us have heard it dozens of times now and it's pretty old.
  4. #744  
    We're not bad mouthing the guy, we just disagree with the way he's going about distributing it and calling it a donation. I'm sure you'll see more people commenting with the same disagreement, we're not the first to have this opinion we're just the first to admit it. (I think we're the first, not sure)

    Again we're both, (myself and Juniper600) praising this guys work, its a great app, for me it just seem like there's a price on it but he's telling us all its a donation. If you **** on me and tell me its raining, I have a problem that.
  5. #745  
    ::sigh::

    The world is truly an unfair place.
  6. #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    This thread is full of people whining about the donation/fee/whatever you want to call it, and it's drowning out constructive comments.

    You're fully entitled to your opinion, naturally, just as I'm entitled to state that the rest of us have heard it dozens of times now and it's pretty old.
    Sorry you feel that way, but now that you're the Developers spokeman, maybe you should hear opinions from both sides, when you're the spokesman for a product you have to deal with the good and bad, so deal with it.
  7. #747  
    awesomepatrol, maybe we should just move on to something else, no need you and I having word battles over nothing.

    My apologies if I came across disrespectful in anyway, Good luck to you.
  8. #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    awesomepatrol, maybe we should just move on to something else, no need you and I having word battles over nothing.

    My apologies if I came across disrespectful in anyway, Good luck to you.
    Agreed, and very good advice.
  9. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    "PLEASE READ 2: Alpha test is CLOSED.
    If you're sending donations and still want to test latest alpha, MAKE sure you can access your PayPal email address! Email will be sent automatically and I can't (won't) change it."

    what does closed mean? doesnt that mean full? so why send donations?

    but as the other guy stated its a shame to see this topic at the top of the forum all the time but not available to download, even for testing purposes

    also, although it may be a great program, i just cant fathom to have to PAY to be a tester of a ALPHA or BETA project or any non-final product

    I mean if he wants to churn out a great program i can understand why an author would want beta testers, but to charge money just for someone to "test" means that its all about money, while simply trying to make it seem like he's doin the public a favor, by letting us get in on it,but not really a favor when you have to pay. Im now a beta tester for the 2010 Microsoft Office (technical preview) and it didnt cost me one red cent. Microsoft is giving it for free now, but of course they'll charge for the final product. One would expect an author to get as many beta testers as possible(for free of course) so that they can do just that, test the program for problems and features all so the author can make the final product perfect

    and i have no problem with someone creating a program and trying to sell it and to get paid for their work, but if thats the case just submit it to palm when u done

    looks like he's trying to nip the bud at both ends by getting money on the way to final creation(beta testers), and the final product that ends up charging more than $5 im sure
    In the way this program is set up, you are not donating, you are actually purchasing an program(an unfinished one at that)

    and I mean im all for allowing DONATION to a project where its finished or not, but his trick is, you wont even get the product, unless you donate, no longer making donation an option, which is what a donation is: OPTIONAL!! The rightful thing this author should do, is NOT use the word donation,because its not used as the word donation normally means. Needs to simply state "Pay/Purchase download" of the program,no need to confuse the consumers here. I mean in its current state, i may not even like the program, but i will have to pay $5 first to find out if the program does not perform to my standards and i dont like, its like pot luck.

    my guess this thing will never come out to public beta, not while he's still getting the mandatory donations to get the program now, and will just use those users to perfect his product. It'll probably be released in the final, pay-for form, or maybe 7-day trial thing or whatever. I Just think, he's always delaying the release date for the public beta or whatever, the longer he waits, the more he sets the date back, the more Mandatory donations he'll receive.
    $$$$$$$$ rules the world, even in Preland


    just my .02 cents, i have that right

    Alpha was CLOSED long time ago - before donations. I said I don't need more testers (had 5), but guess what happened - people went crazy and my PM box was full of alpha/beta requests.

    This project started as a simple app with customizable launchbar: 10-12 hr job. Then everyone asked for more, more, more... So as I said 2 days ago: it's not ready for public yet - I'm working on it full-time.

    Donations ARE optional. The access to the current version is just something extra -so I don't have to deal with 500 PMs/emails asking for alpha every day .

    Have fun.

    P.S. Maybe you should read the thread before posting next time.
  10. #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Alpha was CLOSED long time ago - before donations. I said I don't need more testers (had 5), but guess what happened - people went crazy and my PM box was full of alpha/beta requests.

    This project started as a simple app with customizable launchbar: 10-12 hr job. Then everyone asked for more, more, more... So as I said 2 days ago: it's not ready for public yet - I'm working on it full-time.

    Donations ARE optional. The access to the current version is just something extra -so I don't have to deal with 500 PMs/emails asking for alpha every day .

    Have fun.

    P.S. Maybe you should read the thread before posting next time.
    What exactly does the word CLOSED mean to you? You're still sending out the app to people who donate. I cant believe you saying it was CLOSED before any donations, if thats the case, why would you accept even 1 donation if no testers were needed? You gladly accepted them no matter if the tester program was closed/opened/blacked out or whatever, once you saw the $$$. Most people have praise for the program, it might be, i dont know because i am unable to "test" it. You say its only extra for the current version. Where is ANY version of yours located to downloaded for free? And you said its CLOSED, meaning not taking anymore testers right? so how is it people are still able to obtain it for paying "extra"?

    So look, nobody has a quam about you wanting money for your project, you just need to be straight forward and honest about it with the community. WHen the final product gets here, i hope you sell millions of it. But for now You want money, call it a fee, for your program, dont use the word donation, because its not optional if one wants the project. You just need to go about it the right way. Misleading people with this donation thing is immoral.


    So i mean in your response you try to cover up the act of either not taking donations because its closed, but yet one can still get the program, by MAKING A PURCHASE.

    Again, all we ask is for you to keep it real with us
  11. MikeDubC's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #751  
    were more concerned over the word donation than anything else
  12. #752  
    I donated last month and have version 0.2a, when will I get an updated version?
  13. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    What exactly does the word CLOSED mean to you? You're still sending out the app to people who donate. I cant believe you saying it was CLOSED before any donations, if thats the case, why would you accept even 1 donation if no testers were needed? You gladly accepted them no matter if the tester program was closed/opened/blacked out or whatever, once you saw the $$$. Most people have praise for the program, it might be, i dont know because i am unable to "test" it. You say its only extra for the current version. Where is ANY version of yours located to downloaded for free? And you said its CLOSED, meaning not taking anymore testers right? so how is it people are still able to obtain it for paying "extra"?

    So look, nobody has a quam about you wanting money for your project, you just need to be straight forward and honest about it with the community. WHen the final product gets here, i hope you sell millions of it. But for now You want money, call it a fee, for your program, dont use the word donation, because its not optional if one wants the project. You just need to go about it the right way. Misleading people with this donation thing is immoral.


    So i mean in your response you try to cover up the act of either not taking donations because its closed, but yet one can still get the program, by MAKING A PURCHASE.

    Again, all we ask is for you to keep it real with us
    You don't have to donate. Just wait till it's finished. That's all.

    Donations are just an option for impatient people.
  14. #754  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    You don't have to donate. Just wait till it's finished. That's all.

    Donations are just an option for impatient people.
    mapara, do you have an idea of the cost of the final product?
  15. #755  
    Let me first say that this thread doesn't need to get out of line. Everyone has a say and great. Let's keep it that way. Just don't get rude with people who you might not agree with.

    I think a lot is getting lost in translation. Let me see if I can clear this up for everyone.

    The testing portion is closed. This was closed along time ago as stated by Mapara.

    Now he has a ton of people still wanting to use the program before it's final version is out. Fine he says " donate anything and you can have the basic version no updates or usage of the most recent updated build. Right?

    So if you want the most current version and also receive updates you have to donate(pay) the minimum of $5. Which is a steal. Your receiving the most recent update and future updates

    I hope I'm getting this straight for everyone. I agree maybe donate for the updates and recent version is the wrong choice of words.

    But Mapara is right in a way to. IF you DONATE $5 or more you are then able to use the app while he works on it. He is not making you pay for it now. You can always wait.
  16. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I donated last month and have version 0.2a, when will I get an updated version?
    what's your email address Patchs?
  17. #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    what's your email address Patchs?
    I'm PMing it you now.
    Thanks!
  18. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #758  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    mapara, do you have an idea of the cost of the final product?
    Wow. Why don't you guys actually read my posts?? I answered this 2 days ago.

    I said I don't know.

    1.) Free or free lite/paid full
    2.) 3-5 bucks
    3.) something else...? depends on distribution.

    One more time: I don't know. But donation people will receive all alpha and beta versions. Why? Because their money paid for icons, vectors etc.
    Last edited by mapara; 08/06/2009 at 04:12 PM.
  19. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    you can always wait.
    exactly
  20. #760  
    Got it, thanks!
    Great job, wonderful app.
    I'll have to post a screen shot later.

Posting Permissions