Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    @ Mapara,

Great app! I love everything it does. I have a couple of questions/comments.
    Bare with me if these questions or comments have been made already.

1. when a message or email comes through you can no longer see the scrolling ticker. Is this being worked on so that we are still able to have the notification still at the bottom and ticker still show?

2. Maybe have an option for turning the news ticker on/off?

3. I was thinking maybe you could enlarge the quickcall bar, the phone and option buttons on the bottom. I don't think that it would ruin the flow of the homepage design.

4.Maybe have an option to show calendar events of the day instead of tasks? or maybe show both?

Everything else is great. Keep up the work! Well done again sir!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    1.) WAI (Working as intended)

2.) Yes

3.) Maybe

4.) Working on it
    I would just like to say Thank you again ! I would like to turn the ticker off sometimes and on other times, but all in all it is great. I really hope palm see's your hard work and lets this be the home screen!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Cant wait to try this out! waitng on beta
    is it too late to get this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    Been using Home Screen with Black Weather for 3 to 4 weeks now, never had these problems.
    I am not using Home screen - just Black Weather App and it caused problems with the phone?? Uninstalled and now no problems. Just didn't know if anyone else had this problem with just the Black Weather App?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bajzathj View Post
    I am not using Home screen - just Black Weather App and it caused problems with the phone?? Uninstalled and now no problems. Just didn't know if anyone else had this problem with just the Black Weather App?

Wrong forum.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Only way to get a copy of the Home Screen is to Donate????
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    Read the first page.
    And then click on New Website link.
    Got Build 5 and installed, but can't seem to activate. I've tried several strings in the "Paypal Email" box, but none seem to be what AHS is looking for. Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    Great app!!

I'd think you'd have the option to donate after trying the app.

This app appears to be for sale.

"(Early access to all alpha and beta tests with all $5+ donations.)"
    "PLEASE READ 2: Alpha test is CLOSED.
    If you're sending donations and still want to test latest alpha, MAKE sure you can access your PayPal email address! Email will be sent automatically and I can't (won't) change it."

what does closed mean? doesnt that mean full? so why send donations?

but as the other guy stated its a shame to see this topic at the top of the forum all the time but not available to download, even for testing purposes

also, although it may be a great program, i just cant fathom to have to PAY to be a tester of a ALPHA or BETA project or any non-final product

I mean if he wants to churn out a great program i can understand why an author would want beta testers, but to charge money just for someone to "test" means that its all about money, while simply trying to make it seem like he's doin the public a favor, by letting us get in on it,but not really a favor when you have to pay. Im now a beta tester for the 2010 Microsoft Office (technical preview) and it didnt cost me one red cent. Microsoft is giving it for free now, but of course they'll charge for the final product. One would expect an author to get as many beta testers as possible(for free of course) so that they can do just that, test the program for problems and features all so the author can make the final product perfect

and i have no problem with someone creating a program and trying to sell it and to get paid for their work, but if thats the case just submit it to palm when u done

looks like he's trying to nip the bud at both ends by getting money on the way to final creation(beta testers), and the final product that ends up charging more than $5 im sure
    In the way this program is set up, you are not donating, you are actually purchasing an program(an unfinished one at that)

and I mean im all for allowing DONATION to a project where its finished or not, but his trick is, you wont even get the product, unless you donate, no longer making donation an option, which is what a donation is: OPTIONAL!! The rightful thing this author should do, is NOT use the word donation,because its not used as the word donation normally means. Needs to simply state "Pay/Purchase download" of the program,no need to confuse the consumers here. I mean in its current state, i may not even like the program, but i will have to pay $5 first to find out if the program does not perform to my standards and i dont like, its like pot luck.

my guess this thing will never come out to public beta, not while he's still getting the mandatory donations to get the program now, and will just use those users to perfect his product. It'll probably be released in the final, pay-for form, or maybe 7-day trial thing or whatever. I Just think, he's always delaying the release date for the public beta or whatever, the longer he waits, the more he sets the date back, the more Mandatory donations he'll receive.
    $$$$$$$$ rules the world, even in Preland

just my .02 cents, i have that right
    Last edited by Jupiter600; 08/06/2009 at 02:28 PM.
    I think we all know donations would be near nil if not done this way. I have no problem with someone getting paid for their work. The option as always is to not use it and stick with default pre.

On a side note, I just sent in a donation, awaiting my Email. Can't wait. looks great.
    @Jupiter600,
    you do have the right to ask him why he is charging to test the alpha or beta version. His response is going to be that he has put hours into the code and design of the program ( which he has). I wouldn't want to develop something that is going to be used by everyone and get nothing for it. Would you?

I don't mind paying X amount of dollars to be able to use the program while it's in the beta mode. ( The program is very stable and works perfect) I will assume and hope that the people who have donated money will receive the final version also. So far he has kept my version up to date with every new addition to his program.. His program is beyond the testing phase. Like I stated earlier I really can't find to many bugs with the program.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions.

And your right..money makes the world spin. I hope everyone learns that lesson early in life.

Jupiter600, I think we're on the samem page with this, its obviously for sale, when you have a $5+ minimum donation just to test the beta, I'm surprised its been going on this long.

I've watched for a while, I actually asked if I could test the product, I would have donated but not before testing, I was told it was closed and watched many others get the app once they donated. this guy is doing a great job with the app I just don't agree with the way he's going about it, he's charging you a fee and to test it and as Jupiter600 mentioned the release date continues to change. At this point I'm no longer interested in the app.

This is only my opinion I don't know the guy so I have nothing bad to say about him at all, I just don't like how he's distributing his Alpha/Beta app. there has been at least 4 builds and you still can't get it unless you donate ($5+)
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @Jupiter600,
    you do have the right to ask him why he is charging to test the alpha or beta version. His response is going to be that he has put hours into the code and design of the program ( which he has). I wouldn't want to develop something that is going to be used by everyone and get nothing for it. Would you?

I don't mind paying X amount of dollars to be able to use the program while it's in the beta mode. ( The program is very stable and works perfect) I will assume and hope that the people who have donated money will receive the final version also. So far he has kept my version up to date with every new addition to his program.. His program is beyond the testing phase. Like I stated earlier I really can't find to many bugs with the program.

And your right..money makes the world spin. I hope everyone learns that lesson early in life.

Skinneejay I agree with you, but a donation is optional and you don't have the option to donate, either you pay $5+ or you don't get to try it. I agree, he's put in many hours workinng on this and its great from what I see and hear but don't tell me its a donation when you're not sharing it unless he gets paid and then there's a limit on what you can donate. How can you consider that a donation, its a fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @Jupiter600,

You're talking as if you're saying the final product will be free. I seriously doubt that will be the case. But all creators of ALL good products spends hours of writing code and stuff, and 95% of them learn to get there product better from beta testers, which they allow in FREE
    Wow, with the likes of hoopsdavis and jupiter polluting this thread, it's amazing that the author even bothers with this community.

Get a grip guys, it's $5 and the author is putting in a ton of work on this. Don't want to donate? Fine, just shut up already about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    Skinneejay I agree with you, but a donation is optional and you don't have the option to donate, either you pay $5+ or you don't get to try it. I agree, he's put in many hours workinng on this and its great from what I see and hear but don't tell me its a donation when you're not sharing it unless he gets paid and then there's a limit on what you can donate. How can you consider that a donation, its a fee.
    Yeh that too, putting a MINIUMUM on donation,thats pretty crazy dont u think? Like i said, he's abused the word donation, and it should be takin out of this topic entirely. There no option to donate to get the program, its mandatory. If he wants to make money only then fine. Just release the final product and sell it to the community.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    i totally agree with you guys. when I first saw that u have to donate to try I just thought it was stupid, but after listening to you guys, your right! precentral admins need to change the donation button into a pay for trial button.