Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    do you have u'r phone in developer mode?
    Yes. It was in developer mode when I installed 0.2.4. Do I have to put it in developer mode every time I install a new update?
    I'm getting tired of seeing this app on the top of the forum and never being released to the "public"... is this always going to be paid software??
    I installed the newest update and the fixes that you made are great...I like the size of the launcher icons...they are more functional like this...

I'd like to see in future updates:

1. quick call actually initiates the phone call...you dont have to press the dial button
    2. quick call pictures should be a little bigger...
    3. Screen wont move up and down when notification pops up on the phone...(cant see news ticker when you have notifications unless you move the screen up)
    4. I have to disagree with BORSEND...i'd like to see this as an acual homescreen
    5. I believe that you are going to need a launcher button so that you can still get to all of the other applications...unless you are planning on using the launcher gesture.

Keep up the good work Mapara. I'll let you know if i have any other feedback
    its avail to the public and technically it is free...its a test version and you are donating so that you can be a tester...$5 isn't a lot to ask considering the amount of time that he's investing into this application...don't forget the fact that its the best homebrew app avail and is going to be the best app altogether.
    yes kprep...put it in developer mode
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kprep View Post
    I tried installing the newest update 0.2.5 and it wouldn't install. I tried deleting other apps. I reinstalled the newest update over and over to no avail. I removed 0.2.4a and reinstalled the new app. Can someone telling me what are the installation steps again for installing the newest update. Maybe I am missing a step.
    You have to unzip the zip file 1st.

Download and install winrar (Google winrar) ---> right click my .zip file and select "Extract here" ---> take the com.apps.forwebos.ahs_0.3.1_all.ipk file and install it (drag&drop or w/e you're doing).

Hope that helps.
    All,

I just installed the new version. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing this app on the top of the forum and never being released to the "public"... is this always going to be paid software??
    Very interesting question. To be completely honest, I don't know.

I'm still testing, improving, fixing, adding stuff, doing tech support etc. So we're talking about 10-12 hrs/day.

One day (sooner or later) this app will be ready for public - it'll be released (for free or free lite/paid full).

I have around 200 people "testing" it ATM and there's 40+ emails, PMs, posts... every day. At least 5 of them are asking for tech support (3+ hours of tech support today), same yesterday...).

Now multiply it by 10. Development would stop for next 2-3 months.

So no, I don't feel it's ready yet. But I'm doing everything I can to finish it ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Damn, show the dude some appreciation instead of trying to just mooch off his hard work. Mapara has made my life - that much more convenient by taking countless hours out of his life to make mine more efficient. To me, that is worth every penny of the $10 donation.
    I just want to no when will this be available for me to just download??
    and ya dude go you this is some amazing apps you have done i say STFT you mdmogren.
    you said that alpha testing is closed. So when is beta coming out? And by when will it be a final release? I love what you have done. Kinda gives it a windows mobile look. But as one of the guys said earlier that it would make great for a lock screen. If this is the home screen, do you need to root it or is this just an app that you use the .ipk to install? I like what I see and don't know yet if I want it. Do you guys recommend it or not?
    I would love it if Palm would allow mpara's app to replace the actual home / screen / wallpaper. I know, that is what everyone wants! I mean come on, when you turn on the screen, it's blank (with wallpaper only) until you launch an app or the launcher. Why not allow an app to display your most desired info / apps? As long as you keep your launcher background non-transparent, then it won't be confusing or non functional when you bring up the launcher.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I want to know why / when Palm will allow an app like this to reside permanently on the default home screen.

As far as the app goes, it is and will be the must have app once it's complete. And yes, I say this as a former WinMo user. That was by far one of the most useful things in WinMo (the Today Screen).
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    My fear for mapara is that Palm actually does intend on doing something like this with the home screen (it would only make sense). Thus, rendering all of mapara's hard work and effort wasted as Palm's version of a functional home screen becomes standard.

However, in the meantime, this is certainly a great addition for anyone wanting more from their Pre home screen. Great work, mapara.
    Keep up the good work, mapara! I am anxiously awaiting the release of this app to the public and would be more than happy to donate for this app! Looks AWESOME!

I do have one question...You had stated that if we wanted to install the Black weather app to see the some of the functions/weather that this app will use. I had installed this app and had some (to say the least) interesting issues - i.e. the touch screen was acting all hay-wire and when the phone was locked and I received a call - I tried to answer phone and the lock would move but not answer the phone? It stayed at the top of the screen. Any ideas, did this even make sense? So I uninstalled the Black Weather app and all seems fine now - but initially it appeared that this app had caused my Pre to go crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by bajzathj View Post
    Keep up the good work, mapara! I am anxiously awaiting the release of this app to the public and would be more than happy to donate for this app! Looks AWESOME!

I do have one question...You had stated that if we wanted to install the Black weather app to see the some of the functions/weather that this app will use. I had installed this app and had some (to say the least) interesting issues - i.e. the touch screen was acting all hay-wire and when the phone was locked and I received a call - I tried to answer phone and the lock would move but not answer the phone? It stayed at the top of the screen. Any ideas, did this even make sense? So I uninstalled the Black Weather app and all seems fine now - but initially it appeared that this app had caused my Pre to go crazy...
    Been using Home Screen with Black Weather for 3 to 4 weeks now, never had these problems.
    Dude man im so freekin hyped for this
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Mapara, completely loving this so far. Running the latest release.

Was trying to think of things that could be added on the main screen without cluttering everything.

The real estate in the bottom left could be used unless you have plans for it.

Was thinking status indicators maybe? Battery % etc for those of us that haven't rooted the phone and changed the indicator in the upper right.

OR...

A 'control panel' for the phone? Something that combines all (or some) the functionality of Location Services, Sounds & Ringtones, Screen & Lock, Phone Settings, etc. into one menu/page? Add a reboot option, dev mode switch, all kinds of useful options in one spot?

To really turn your app into the one stop shop for everything on the phone.

Not sure how viable that is. Just throwing out ideas.

Keep up the great work!
    so if i donated today i cant try it out?
    thats why i donated...to try it out...
    what do i do next or what?