Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    i know how to change the preloaded wallpapers in AHS i don't know how to use my own, maybe i'm just retarded. does anyone get what i'm asking
    i made the paypal donation, immediately opened outlook and there was the link to download AHS0.3a.

It is a very smooth running app. There is a real quality feel to the interface.

My biggest disappointment was the lack of a calendar/appointment area. I didn't realize it was no longer included. There is an icon that opens your calender, but I was really looking forward to having my upcoming appointments listed on my new homescreen. You can create to-do lists that will appear there. Personally, I hate the to-do lists. I like being able to enter my appts. on my desktop outlook calendar and updating to my Pre. Similar to my Blackberry and Widows Mobile phone. This missing feature is what this phone is missing besides an onscreen keyboard.

Also, the miniwidget/quickcall area was left out. All the screen shots from page 1 show it still? The odd part is there is a button to edit your 5 quickcall contacts, but it never shows up on the homescreen.

After installation I noticed it says the quickcall will not be included on alpha versions. I wish the lack of upcoming appts., and the quickcall feature were more prevalently announced in post#1. Like I said, the screenshots show the quickcall on the homescreen.

******* UPDATE (07/06) *********

LAUNCHBAR - DONE (100% - but no userconfig so far)
    RSS - DONE (100% - 12 Google news | no autoupdate in alpha)
    WEATHER - DONE (100% w/ userconfig via ZIP code)
    QUICKCALL - 50% (won't be in alpha)
    CALENDAR - 10% (won't be in alpha)

GUI - changed again

All-in-all it is a beautifully crafted app. Though, I probably wouldn't have downloaded it if I knew the upcoming appts. wouldn't be on the homescreen. Hopefully my $5 can go towards the development of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    i know how to change the preloaded wallpapers in AHS i don't know how to use my own, maybe i'm just retarded. does anyone get what i'm asking
    Click on the gears in the bottom right.
    click "load file"
    chose picture
    click "open photo"
    click "save & exit"
    the quickcall is on the application...you just have to press the mini phone button and it will pop up...make sure that you edit the people that you want to be in the quickcall in the settings menu.
    I did that Bugz. It lets me set up the 5 contacts. When I press the phone icon they come up but do not function. The dialer come up but doesn't call anyone. I don't really need quickcall. The top 5 contacts are in my call history.

Why do we also have a "widget browser" button that doesn't function?
    Oh i c what u'r saying now. I made that same comment about this quick call a few posts back. I think that it should actually initiate the call for you instead of just dialing the number and not actually calling...as far as the widget browser button...he said that wasn't going to be working yet...I guess we'll have to wait for a later update for that one.

One question...nobody was actually able to make this an active homepage yet were they? I'm not missing something am I...right now it just runs like a normal program that you can switch into card view.
    Something is wrong with the weather widget and link...it seems like the time is off. One minute it will say its 75 degrees and the next minute it will say 90 degrees...when you click the link for the detailed info sometimes it says that its 9:50am on monday and sometimes it says that its 5:53am on sunday. (its actually 10:55 am on Monday). It seems that its having a problem determining what info it should be pulling.
    hey fish guy I don't have an option to load file, do I have an older version of ash then?
    Just donated. I can't PM because I don't have enough posts.
    Confirmation #0HF7070259739791E
    Just received updated version. Looking forward to trying it out!

Edit
    Really like the icons being larger, they could even be larger yet! A "quick text" bar would make this the killer app. I would even be willing to donate again if you added this feature.
    Last edited by brianu16; 08/03/2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Will install as soon as I get home. Thank you Mapara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    hey fish guy I don't have an option to load file, do I have an older version of ash then?
    That would be my guess. I thought once you 'donate' you get all updates emailed to you? I got one today.

@ bugzpimpin, I noticed a problem earlier before the newest update. My temp read 00 degrees. And yes it is still a card, not a real active homepage.
    Great Work Would love to have
    I like fileCoaster
    This app looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished product!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joely View Post
    I like fileCoaster
    What kind of post it that? I like my wife. I like your girlfriend to.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I think the program looks great and is very functional. I have a couple of issues:

1. Will there ever be a setting to allow it to replace the current home screen? As useful as this screen can be, I don't see using it if it is not the default.

2. I labeled the quickcall cards and picked the pictures for each, but no pictures come up on the home screen. I must be doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    I think the program looks great and is very functional. I have a couple of issues:

1. Will there ever be a setting to allow it to replace the current home screen? As useful as this screen can be, I don't see using it if it is not the default.

2. I labeled the quickcall cards and picked the pictures for each, but no pictures come up on the home screen. I must be doing something wrong.
    I love this app as it is. I like it being standalone application (separate card) that you donít have to change Pre default functionality. You can use it or you donít have to. Or maybe there are other Home Screens in the future. This way you can use those as you want instead of have one home screen. Besides having less chances to break something with new Pre updates would be also really nice.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post

Restart AHS (close and open)
    I tried installing the newest update 0.2.5 and it wouldn't install. I tried deleting other apps. I reinstalled the newest update over and over to no avail. I removed 0.2.4a and reinstalled the new app. Can someone telling me what are the installation steps again for installing the newest update. Maybe I am missing a step.