Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Can someone give me a heads up on how to customize the backround, also is .2a b4 the most recent one I see people talking about .3????
    If you have the "switcharoo" app, will the wallpaper change while running this app?
    the wallpaper in the backround still changes, but not the wallpaper for the app, i still don't know how to make the wallpaper in the app whatever i want. sigh i wish someone would answer my questions.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does this program require rooting? I don't see it listed one way or another anywhere on the AHS page.

EDIT: i'm an *****...I actually just found it. I must've read right past it 3 times.
    Last edited by clsiburt; 08/02/2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    the wallpaper in the backround still changes, but not the wallpaper for the app, i still don't know how to make the wallpaper in the app whatever i want. sigh i wish someone would answer my questions.
    Bottom right gear-- the wallpaper is in there-- select one
    Last edited by Scratch11; 08/02/2009 at 08:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clsiburt View Post
    Does this program require rooting? I don't see it listed one way or another anywhere on the AHS page.
    no
    Wow...I've been following the progress of this app for about a month now and its really looking amazing...This is def. my most anticipated app for the pre by far...can't wait to get my hands on it...keep up the good work.
    I decided that I couldn't wait for the finished version...The alpha version looks and sounds great so i've made a donation...can't wait for that e-mail with app...
    Love the "quick calls" would love a "quick text"

The icons on the launcher are kinda small , kinda hard to press, maybe make the launcher wider so the icons can be bigger or just place the launcher icons on the desktop on the "home page" .
    Hey everyone I noticed something and want to see if you are experiencing the same issue. When using the phone shortcut on the Home Screen launch bar, it only opens the Pre dialer when the phone card is closed. In other words, if the phone dialer card is open and you use the Home Screen launch bar phone button, nothing happens. You have to minimize the Home Screen and manually switch over to the phone dialer card. If the phone dialer is closed, then the launch bar button works just fine.

I experience this only for the phone app....for messaging, email, etc, the launch bar works regardless of whether that app is already open or not.

Mapara can you advise? I have open/closed the app and also restarted my phone...still the same behavior.

Thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    When using the phone shortcut on the Home Screen launch bar, it only opens the Pre dialer when the phone card is closed. In other words, if the phone dialer card is open and you use the Home Screen launch bar phone button, nothing happens. You have to minimize the Home Screen and manually switch over to the phone dialer card. If the phone dialer is closed, then the launch bar button works just fine.
    Confirmed. I had not noticed this and I have been using AHS for about three weeks now. I guess I just keep my Phone app closed.
    @ Mapara, I dont think it was right to let me into the testing program, accept my donation for a lengthy period of time after finally accepting 3$ from me cause 1 or 2$ wasnt enough at the time.. That was fine, but now you refund the money and ask for more AFTER I was obviously in the testing program for days and days... :S Im slightly puzzled at that fact, after I never received the app update I emailed with the subject no email 0.2.4 and shortly after, a couple days later I get a refund from you ... I love your app, but I dont feel it was right to do that, now maybe just to straight up tell me 5$ up front, oh and btw I might increase it to 10$ and if you dont pay later your no longer accepted in the program later wouldve been fine, but this kinda took me by suprise. Without any real warning or disclaimer... I would like to hear a response from you about this. Thanks

Zachary Wezenberg
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Cant wait looks sweet!
    Mapara...Looks like PreFix confirmed my posted findings about quirk in the Launch Bar phone button. The Phone app only launches from here when the Phone app is already closed. If open, the Launch Bar Phone button will not get you to the phone app...it is a unresponsive button if the phone app is open.

Can we get a fix for this?...I know many people probably close their phone app after calls but surely many leave it open almost all the time for convenience.

Thanks...
    I want to donate in a noobie havent pm enough to pm you can you help me out i like your app very much
    looks great i want to donate and be able to download it please a little help
    I used to have a WinMo phone and had an app for it similar to the Quick Dial...so on that app to send a SMS to the Quick Dial individual, you just held down on the button for a couple of seconds and it launched a text to the individual, instead of a touch gesture for a phone call. Just an idea to boost the functionality of the Quick Dial...
    I just installed this application and let me just start by saying that it is def. going to be worth the wait. Its extremely functional and makes the phone easier to navigate as well as look a hell of a lot cooler. I've noticed a few things that I believe may either be bugs or might have just been overlooked.

1. it would be great if the pictures that you uploaded to use as wallpapers would resize automatically. Kinda like when you take a picture from u'r phones camera and use it as the wallpaper normally.

2. When you click on the next icon on the new ticker it says "undefined"

3. In the wallpaper settings, it won't let you choose the clouds picture (top row, 3rd picture from the right)...it keeps putting the picture of the sky and grass instead.

4. The ToDo list always scrolls even if you only have 1 or 2 things listed...which means their is no need for it to scroll b/c a lot of times its just blank.

5. The news ticker is scrolling a little too fast and its a little choppy...this makes it kinda hard to read.

6. I know that you made the quick dial bigger in one of ur recent updates, but their is enough room that you can make it a little bit bigger...kinda hard for a guy with big hands to select the correct contact.

7. When you select the quick dial that you want to call...its just brings up the phone number in the phone application...I believe that it should initiate the call for you.

8. It seems like the application is continually running...i dont know whether or not it will do this when it is actually a homescreen or not. But when you switch to card view you can see that the news ticker is still moving which means that this program is still killing the battery.

9. I believe that when customizing your applications, it should let you choose from your full list of application icons on the phone...I know that you've covered the most used icons but what happens when you release the full version and then a new facebook app comes out or its football season...which means, the most used apps will be FB and NFL mobile. You would constantly have to release updates for this for the new apps to be used.

10. Sometimes the weather widget says different info than the detailed information after you click the weather link...today the little widget said the temp was 73 and then i clicked the link and it said it was 82...kinda weird.

11. When you put things on your ToDo list, "sell pre on ebay" and "breakfast at tiffanys" pops up for a couple seconds and then updates with what should be on there.

*I know this is a pretty long list and I may be reaching on some of this stuff...but i just want you to know that this is the best homebrew app that i've seen thus far and I think that when this is done it will be the best app altogether...homebrew or non-homebrew. Keep up the excellent work...looking forward to future updates...especially the one that will actually let me run this as my homescreen. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have dl a lot of wallpapers from this site and only some will display in AHS any thoughts as to why some work and some are just gray? I thought it may be the file size but I have some larger ones working and some smaller ones not. Both file types are jpg. Just curiois plus some of em are really cool and would look good. Again I love this app thanks
    mapara says this in the beginning of this thread...."
    - local picture files can be used as wallpapers
    (update: do not use your 2+MB photos as wallpapers! create your own or download --- 325x490px and keep it under 100kb)"

My guess is that the picture you are using is more than 2MP or bigger than the size that they have to be.