Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methos123 View Post
    My quick call is just a blank grey bar when I open it. It will call, but I don't know who I am about to call on it because it is blank. This must be a bug with 0.3a. Three of the phone numbers have pics to.
    Yes, I had this problem too after fresh install. Not sure what's wrong. But everything looks fine after restarting the app.

Another bug is the wallpaper with just the clouds at the bottom is not working.
    Yes. I know about this.

I don't know why but the green button at the bottom says widget browser not available in version 0.2a. But the top of the card says AHS 0.3a....??
    It's 0.2a build 4.
    under summary, #3 (Installing using the PreBrew method.)

follow the directions PreBrew Install Method. You should be good to go.
    [QUOTE=mapara;1789427]Yes, I had this problem too after fresh install. Not sure what's wrong. But everything looks fine after restarting the app.

Very good, thank you...it works!
    This really looks nice, but now that I know its just an app/card, I am not sure I would buy it. If there's a way to make it the actual home screen, I would shell out for sure! Just like to have things closed...
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I have had this running on my Pre for a little over an hour and a half and the battery is only down 5%, so I wouldn't say that it is a tremendous hog of resources.

Mapara, out of curiosity, is there a reason why there isn't an MLB RSS feed? I noticed NFL, NBA, and MLS, but no baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by peachness View Post
    This really looks nice, but now that I know its just an app/card, I am not sure I would buy it. If there's a way to make it the actual home screen, I would shell out for sure! Just like to have things closed...
    Just leave it open for your home screen. This way you have more flexibility and you don’t need to mess/change the Pre functionality. I love it this way. Wouldn’t waned to have any other way.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    I have had this running on my Pre for a little over an hour and a half and the battery is only down 5%, so I wouldn't say that it is a tremendous hog of resources.

Mapara, out of curiosity, is there a reason why there isn't an MLB RSS feed? I noticed NFL, NBA, and MLS, but no baseball.
    Hmmm, forgot that one - sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Hmmm, forgot that one - sorry.
    hey mapara also wondering if its possible to make the RSS feed editable so we can add them ourself or if you could put a european soccer feed.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks this is a very nice app. I have a few questions though. I skimmed thru this thread as i am at work, and couldnt find the answers, so forgive me if they have already been answered.

1. i donated for 0.2.4, and the app icon still says 3.0 do i have the most recent version?

2. I would love to see all my apps in the quick launch selection menu, is this possible yet, as many of my apps are not listed?

3. im still getting the widget error for version 2a, (i believe this is still 2a and correct)?

thanks and keep up the good work, this is the most useful app out yet!
    Methos123,

I followed your advice and used PreBrew.
    It did not work for this application.
    It ran and gave no errors, and said "you should see the program on your device", but the application did not show up.
    It only created a developer folder that was empty.
    I tried with other applications, and it worked fine.
    Uploading the file to google sites and downloading it using File Coaster gives me Install Error.
    i have tried everything.
    Which program is best to edit wallpaper for the program.None of the ones I use outside the active homescreen work for it.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofaKing View Post
    Which program is best to edit wallpaper for the program.None of the ones I use outside the active homescreen work for it.
    Ifranview.
    Picasa is also easy to use. Or Photoshop.
    It seems to be a capacity problem.
    I'm getting the same message for other larger apps.
    Does anyone know the size limit/quantity of applications that we can have?
    Brewsterdmb, it's only 5 mb. You should have plenty of room for it. Check your device info and see how much remaining memory you have. Maybe you just have it all filled with music and video?

Mapara, is there anyway you can get the app to display our calendar events on the home screen without having to tap the calendar icon to go to the calendar card?

I originally thought that is what the app could do. Now, if I am understanding the app, it only displays your to do items that you put in the to do spot for that day. Is this correct?
    Nice app, installed with PreBrew without any issues.
    Some suggestions:
    Could you add Classic or epocrates running from classic to one of the options for the gesture area icons? I use this (epocrates) a lot.
    Also the ticker at the bottom is so small(font size) that I can hardy see it leave alone read from it. Can it be a shade bigger?
    Thanks.
    Mapara,

Great looking app . .. I have donated twice but have not received a reply email.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by methos123 View Post
    Brewsterdmb, it's only 5 mb. You should have plenty of room for it. Check your device info and see how much remaining memory you have. Maybe you just have it all filled with music and video?

Mapara, is there anyway you can get the app to display our calendar events on the home screen without having to tap the calendar icon to go to the calendar card?

I originally thought that is what the app could do. Now, if I am understanding the app, it only displays your to do items that you put in the to do spot for that day. Is this correct?
    I finally got it to install.
    1. I initially deleted all my music and had ~5.5 gb free. It still failed to install saying not enough memory.
    2. I most of my music back on, and deleted half my applications. I had ~ 3gb free, and it installed successfully.

The problem seems to be a limitation on either A) The allowed number of applications or, B) A limitation on capacity from applications ONLY.

After installing succesfully, I was able to re-install most of the applications i had previously.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what this limitation is on applications allowed, whether it's a limited number of applications, or a limitation on the size that all applications can occupy on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    I just posted this on the File Coaster thread:

Not sure if this will help anyone, but, I thought it was neat... Just figured out a way to install non-PreCentral Homebrew apps using File Coaster

In addition to the apps here, I donated to 2 that are only available to folks who donate. The developers are emailing them to distribute them, so I don't have an easy download link like the apps here in the Homebrew forum.

(And I'm at work and can't access any of the sites I administer to put the files there).

So, I signed up for a Google Sites account (free) and created a new page as a "file locker". I uploaded the file I received in the email to the Google Sites file locker, then put the files new URL into File Coaster and it worked great.

You do have to make the Google Sites page public for it to work (it didn't work when the site was closed to only me, as File Coaster doesn't have a way to enter password info.) Then, I re-protected the site, so the file is not otherwise publicly available.

Worked great. Now I don't have to wait until I get home to install these apps
    How many .ipk files do you have in your File Cabinet site?
    I really like utilizing Google Sites for storing these .ipk files, but i've found if I upload more than 10 or so .ipk files, it freezes the page.
    I've had to create /apps1, /apps 2, etc pages for storage, which isn't a big deal.
    Just wondering if this is a common problem with Google Sites