Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    this app is amazing, after testing I believe it will be the best app available for nonrooted pres. Once testing is complete and the final build is released will it still be by paypal donation only or free?
    i cant wait for this!!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    i cant wait for this!!
    Same here...definitely considering a donation.
    My first version of this was com.apps.forwebos.ahs_0.3.1_all.ipk
    1. Do i need to have earlier versions installed first?
    2. Do I need to be in developer mode?

I put the phone in developer mode and tried to install in the same way that I have been installing other apps (dragging the .ipk file into the palm-install.bat file in the BIN foler) but it is not showing up on my phone.
    The same problem is happening with the weather application from this developer.

Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clsiburt View Post
    Same here...definitely considering a donation.
    I would say its definitely worth it! Plus, you're helping the developer in these hard economic times

Quote Originally Posted by brewsterdmb View Post
    My first version of this was com.apps.forwebos.ahs_0.3.1_all.ipk
    1. Do i need to have earlier versions installed first?
    2. Do I need to be in developer mode?

I put the phone in developer mode and tried to install in the same way that I have been installing other apps (dragging the .ipk file into the palm-install.bat file in the BIN foler) but it is not showing up on my phone.
    The same problem is happening with the weather application from this developer.

Am I missing something?
    This is the same version I am using and it is my first use of the program. It installed with no problems. Perhaps you can go into developer mode again to ensure that it is in fact enabled. If that doesn't work, try redownloading, maybe the file corrupted during the download process. Hope you get it working.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Update working great so far. Good Work !!!
    Thanks. works great.
    Hey mapara.
    Just suggestion:
    Could you please make zip code text box numeric only, like in previous version? (That you don’t have to hold the orange button)
    No big deal anyway, the program is great as it is!
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    Hey mapara.
    Just suggestion:
    Could you please make zip code text box numeric only, like in previous version? (That you don’t have to hold the orange button)
    No big deal anyway, the program is great as it is!
    Thanks.
    You can double-tap the orange button instead of holding it down
    brewsterdmb.
    Make sure you’re in developer mode, and your Palm Novacom service is started and running.
    Thanks mlin, I know that.
    I’m just saying that it be better that way and it functioned that way in the previous version.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    Thanks mlin, I know that.
    I’m just saying that it be better that way and it functioned that way in the previous version.
    I kinda figured you did. I just downloaded for the first time so am unfamiliar with that functionality.
    I am in Developer Mode.
    I am getting a message saying FAILED NOT ENOUGH DISK SPACE.
    My Pre is 92% empty.
    I am able to delete and re-add other applications, and have removed all of my music.
    How is this application and the weather application different in the way in which they have to be installed?
    I've never had to open the Palm Novacom service to install any other applications
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brewsterdmb View Post
    I am in Developer Mode.
    I am getting a message saying FAILED NOT ENOUGH DISK SPACE.
    My Pre is 92% empty.
    I am able to delete and re-add other applications, and have removed all of my music.
    How is this application and the weather application different in the way in which they have to be installed?
    I've never had to open the Palm Novacom service to install any other applications
    Have you tried running Novacom manually? I had to start it manually before I could install any of the homebrew apps on my Pre.
    He saying, he was able to delete and re-add other apps. So his Novacom must be started and running. I don't understand what's up.
    brewsterdmb.
    Some people saying that SDK install didn’t work, but Quick install worked. Some saying Quick install didn’t, but SDK worked. Have you tried both methods? I've always using SDK, droping ipk into install.bat. It worded for me as well as Black Weather application.
    What is Quick Install method?
    I've always used dropping into install.bat, and it has worked with every other application except this one and the Weather application. Maybe it's something in the way the developer builds them? I basically know nothing about development.
    I also tried uploading the .ipk file to Google Sites and using the link in fileCoaster. It didn't work that way either. But that method worked for the Fireworks application. So I'm stumped.
    love this so far

what would be cool is have it like the android os.
    swipe left and it goes to a new screen where you can put some widgits
    swipe left again and have a new screen for more widgits
    get what i mean?

have it like android os.... that would be awesome
    best of both worlds.

but thanks for your effort so far i(along with many others i'm sure) appreciate it alot
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    this thing has 5-6MB while most other apps are under 1mb.

Also, read my post: If you can't install it => re-download the file and try again.
    Look at the Homebrew Apps section. WebOS Quick Install v1.0. Download it and istall it to your computer and try to install your ipk file with it.