Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    Its an app/card

I believe that is the only method for a home screen. No way to change the default launcher at the moment
    Okay, so there is no way to root the phone, and add the Active Home Screen to make it your permanent home screen.

It's just another Application/Card? That isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it's better than nothing. I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Thank you again.
    Yes, it is just another app/card. However people have suggested that if possible it would be cool if the home button on your pre would toggle between cards and the active home screen app. This would be absolutely wonderfull, since replacing the cards would not be considired good practice, and in all honestly would take away one of the best features of the pre.

Think about it this way. When you first press the home button in whatever app or at the launcher it shows you the cards. Press again and it shows you the active home screen. Pressing again would change back to cards.. toggle. In my honest opinion, that would be 101 times better than ditch the cards altogether.

*edit. It would also be cool if you could configure it to show Active home screen or cards on first press of the home button. I think, this could easily be achieved with conditional statements. First check if the active home screen app is open, if it is, use the modified home button configuration, else, use the default core pre home button.

*edit. Naturally when you reboot/start your pre you would have to start the active home screen once and leave it open as a card. or you could make it that when the pre starts up it will automatically launch the active home screen as a card. Then you could just use the home button to toggle as described above.

The toggle button should also come as an external plugin with a disclaimer that it needs to change your core pre functions and that the user will use it at his/hers own risk. The toggle needs to take over the core functions of pre, thus needs rooting. However this would be a minor tweak to the pre, and i think it could be easily done and easily defaulted.

Any thoughts, developers?
    Last edited by nohatter; 07/14/2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Think outside of the box :D
    That does sound amazing, actually. Like I said in the previous post, having the Active Home Screen as another card isn't all that bad, but at the same time, it's also just one more reason to have a card up and running all the time.

But, I do like that idea, about the home button. I think that would make the Pre so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisenx View Post
    That does sound amazing, actually. Like I said in the previous post, having the Active Home Screen as another card isn't all that bad, but at the same time, it's also just one more reason to have a card up and running all the time.
    Yep, the apple kool-aid drinkers would be like "WOWWOWOW WE CAN SEE THE POSITIVES IN 3rd party MULTITASKING NOW". For this reason only the developer just can't dare to overlook my suggestions. But don't worry people, even if the developer of this app won't come up with this, i will do my own similar app that indeed will have a feature like this. If so, you will need to wait though since im pissed at Palm for not releaseng a GSM version today, so i could get one here at europe, thus i won't be developing anything before it or atleast access to the developer program is open for everyone.
    I would like to be able to get the alpha version for testing, please let me know how I can go about doing so.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Finally got the apps to load on my pre. If i send a donation can i get this to install and test and help come up with some suggestions?? Just out of curiosity can the background/wallpaper function be set to cycle over a period of time? It would really be nice to have it go through the wallpaper folder and use those images in there!!!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Great job... I cud help you with this app. Send me the beta when u get a chance or when available
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Donated to the cause and like to help

Paypal TranID 3YK36522HU181790W.

Please let me know if i can get a copy to help with the Hacking.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    It would really be nice to have it go through the wallpaper folder and use those images in there!!!
    k
    Awesome work. Donated and look forward to supporting you in your development.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    k
    That would be awesome to have a wallpaper/background switcher in it!!!

Mapara how can i get on the beta test program? If i send a donation will that get it sent to me??
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    just sent over a couple McDoubles. hope to beta test this soon. keep up the good work.
    Confirmation number: 9SV10572WR722525W

Donated $10...Keep up the great work!!!
    @mapara Yeah man, that's like totally a photoshopped video! Yeah I'm just kidding. :P

Great work so far man, I'm super excited to try it out!'

Yahoo integration might actually get me using yahoo again for once too. Which I wouldn't call a bad thing with Google becoming MS v2.0.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Mapara Donation sent.

Confirmation number: 82719148K30052412 Please please send add me to the beta testing!!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Does the launcher bar move like the original?? Does the original launch up onto screen if you drag your finger from it? Will your backgrounds be included with the app?
    Last edited by pchrist; 07/14/2009 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Does the launcher bar move like the original?? Does the original launch up onto screen if you drag your finger from it? Will your backgrounds be included with the app?
    No, the launcher bar in the application is stuck (hardcoded for now). Yes, this is an application so the original does launch up onto the screen if you drag your finger. There are some 7 or so backgrounds included in the app already.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tidusmccoy1515 View Post
    No, the launcher bar in the application is stuck (hardcoded for now). Yes, this is an application so the original does launch up onto the screen if you drag your finger. There are some 7 or so backgrounds included in the app already.
    Tidus check your PMs pls