Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Looking at the source is fine, but if you don't understand DOM structure well, Firebug can be very helpful. I know that some of my designers at the office rely on it a lot when they are working on HTML/CSS.
    It's funny actually, cuz I stumbled upon Firebug earlier today and was wondering if it was good enough. I started a thread on it here.

So you strongly suggest it? I really want to get it, but I was suggested safari over it...

and then I noticed safari is an apple product...

haha. Firebug it is... I guess...
    Well. Firebug is a good tool, but the Palm-Inspector in conjunction with Safari could be good for DOM exploration as well. Safari and the Pre browser are both based on the WebKit code base so they handle things in similar ways.
    Bah! I'm still undecided... I guess I'll wait it out a few days to hear some more suggestions and then decide. I REALLY wish Firebug/Firefox was able to support webkit... I really don't want apple products on my computer. I refuse to even download the Quicktime plugin...
    Ha Ha. I'm right there with you buddy. Quicktime is the devil. That thing is a memory and processor hog on Windows. You'd think Apple did it on purpose. I personally use VLC Media Player. It is the best video player on Windows and is totally free and has no spyware or adware of any kind. It will play all kinds of video formats, including Quicktime, without the need for the Quicktime plugin or any other plugins. Check it out at http://www.videolan.org.

You can install Safari without Quicktime, so that helps. If you really want to avoid it, you can always try using the Inspector with the Google Chrome browser. It is also a webkit browser and I've seen some people mention that it will work with Inspector.

I'm going to bed. I am tired from working on my music app and the wife wants me in bed. If you haven't already, check out the thread and first preview video. I have done a lot since I shot the video, but it will give you a little taste of many cool things to come. This thing is going to blow away the Pre's stock music app.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...o-preview.html
    Hey Blubble, I saw your app. AWESOME job! I'm SO impressed. Do you have the official SDK?

Either way, that's VERY impressive. I think you could definitely get away with charging $5 or $10 for that app when the App Store comes up...

Of course you would supply it to your fellow Devs for free... *wink*

As for VLC, yeah I use it a lot. I love that program. We need someone to port that over to the Pre... : /...

As for my app idea... I've been busy helping others clean up their apps so I havn't gotten around to it... but I should start on it sometime today... hopefully... we'll see... haha

Well... Good Luck with your music app! Lemme know if you need some help/advice... I MIGHT be inclined to give you some UI pointers... MAYBE... Although I don't know HOW it could look better than it already is... haha
    Oh my Goodness, this was the freaking GEM in a BOX sort of instructions i have been looking for, for over 2 hours lol. Thanks a ton. (also didnt know i needed to run CMD as ADMIN) thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by murdermajig View Post
    1.download sdk
    2.download virtualbox
    3.install both

go to command prompt, if you have vista right-click command prompt and run as administrator.

type palm-generate helloWorld

type palm-package helloWorld

type palm-install com.yourdomain.helloworld_1.0_all.ipk

and it should be on emulator
    Wow man, 2 thumbs up. After 2 hours I found the right commands to get me in the right direction. LOL, now to continue on the thread and learn more. mwuaha. thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseNTexas View Post
    Oh my Goodness, this was the freaking GEM in a BOX sort of instructions i have been looking for, for over 2 hours lol. Thanks a ton. (also didnt know i needed to run CMD as ADMIN) thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseNTexas View Post
    Wow man, 2 thumbs up. After 2 hours I found the right commands to get me in the right direction. LOL, now to continue on the thread and learn more. mwuaha. thanks again.
    Hey Guys!

No problem! Glad you guys are working toward trying to gain knowledge and connecting with your Pre. I started a thread here for people to begin and understand programming for the Pre. Check it out to see if it helps!

Good Luck!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567