Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by murdermajig View Post
    DONT GO THERE!!!!!

Notepad++ is FREEWARE
    LOL

Too late.

It's cool. I managed to get and work with Textpad. It gets the job done. I looked into the notepad++ downloads and they all involve doing things like running the command prompt which I'm too lazy. I was just going to try Notepad++ since it is free... but... I refuse to do things besides clicking a setup icon to download a program.

hahahaha.

The good news is Textpad works BEAUTIFULLY. it instantly loaded the .jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $automatically$ $formatted$ $it$ $to$ $look$ $perfect$. $Thats$ $all$ $I$ $really$ $need$ $and$ $uhh$... $I$'$m$ $sure$ $I$ $can$ $manage$... $one$ $way$ $or$ $another$... $to$ $make$ $sure$ $Textpad$ $doesn$'$t$ $bother$ $me$ $with$ $the$ $popups$... &$gt$;.&$gt$;... $don$'$t$ $ask$ $me$ $how$.

I wonder if Textpad can color the functions and such... that made coding SO much easier...

*plays around with it for a bit*
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    LOL

Too late.

It's cool. I managed to get and work with Textpad. It gets the job done. I looked into the notepad++ downloads and they all involve doing things like running the command prompt which I'm too lazy. I was just going to try Notepad++ since it is free... but... I refuse to do things besides clicking a setup icon to download a program.

hahahaha.

The good news is Textpad works BEAUTIFULLY. it instantly loaded the .jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $automatically$ $formatted$ $it$ $to$ $look$ $perfect$. $Thats$ $all$ $I$ $really$ $need$ $and$ $uhh$... $I$'$m$ $sure$ $I$ $can$ $manage$... $one$ $way$ $or$ $another$... $to$ $make$ $sure$ $Textpad$ $doesn$'$t$ $bother$ $me$ $with$ $the$ $popups$... &$gt$;.&$gt$;... $don$'$t$ $ask$ $me$ $how$.

I wonder if Textpad can color the functions and such... that made coding SO much easier...

*plays around with it for a bit*
    I just downloaded notepad++ they do have an install for Notepad++ prebuilt just go to Browse Files
    And click the npp.5.4.3.Installer.exe
    For windows at least..

Seems to work well and it is totally free.
    haha oh well it's cool. I got Textpad working fine.

It's showing colors too! I just had to add the .JSJSJS $file$ $extension$ $to$ $its$ $preferences$ $so$ $now$ $it$ $thinks$ .$js$ $files$ $are$ $Java$ $files$ $and$ $loads$ $up$ $the$ $color$ $definitions$ $for$ $those$ $files$... $hey$... $it$ $works$.

haha

awesome stuff.

I REALLY hope this makes file editting a lot easier. I'm going to TRY... not gauranteeing anything... but TRY to see if I can throw together a little clip for Textpad so it knows the different functions and whatnot for autofill or function recognition or whatever its called... wow... I'm so going to drop out of school because this is SO much more fun than anything i'm doing. >.<.

I have a presentation tomorrow.

I hate you all for distracting me with this.
    Has anyone been able to update text on the screen while the slider is moving? (as you swipe, the number displayed increases)
    Yup. Took me a while, but yes I managed to do it...

I then switched the number displayed with an intpicker so that not only can you slide the slider and update the number, but the other way around, you choose the number and the slider moves as well!

Let me know if you need help with it...

It's pretty simple... You just have to set up a listen event and put a function on the buttom telling the program what to do when it "hears" the event happen...

In the bottom function, you need to update the variable that is displayed on the screen and then refresh the display so it shows the new variable value.

Let me know if that was too vague and I'll go into more details...
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboomkitty View Post
    Has anyone been able to update text on the screen while the slider is moving? (as you swipe, the number displayed increases)
    Yeah, Sirata has that working.

Edit: Dang your fast fingers Sirata.
    Last edited by jmack549; 07/02/2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Sirata is lightning fast
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Does anybody know how to type a word like "vinny" into the textbox
    and in the other textbox it shows the result word "Fun"
    Or if i type "alex" in the textbox, the results show "crazy"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    Yeah, Sirata has that working.

Edit: Dang your fast fingers Sirata.
    Hahahaha

Yeah I have no life. I just sit here and watch the thread, waitng for someone to post so I can answer them.

>.<
    Does anybody know how to type a word like "vinny" into the textbox
    and in the other textbox it shows the result word "Fun"
    Or if i type "alex" in the textbox, the results show "crazy"
    Hey Murder, I don't know if you mean you ALWAYS want "fun" to show up when you type "vinny" or if you're referring to a random word generator?

Could you be a little clearer?

Will you be giving this textbox random words and want it to transform them? Or do you always know what you're entering into the box and want the other one to give you a reply from a standard list of responses?
    what i want to make is a app called MOYN (Meaning Of Your Name) and when i type "George" on the search box and I click Submit
    that on the Result box i get the answer "A Tiller Of the Soil" Kind of like the translator app but without using google and replacing it with my own text

refer to the Zelo site:What does the name GEORGE mean?
    Well... It looks like we're on the same problem then. I'm currently working on an app that takes GPS data, extracts your zip code from it, submits it to a form online, gets a time table out and displays that time table. Our main problem right now is taking the user inputted data and sending it out to the website and then extracting the resulting data and outputting it in the app itself. To be honest, I have no idea how to do that...

Taking in data and storing it in a variable is easy enough, outputting a variable is also easy... The only problem is sending that variable to a website, and extracting the processed information from the website as a new variable...

From what I have seen.. We have to look into things like Ajax call/send functions... And Something associated with a "DOM". I'm reading up on it and as soon as I understand what is going on... I'll try to post more information...

Sorry i'm not much help yet... : /
    yeah, I was looking at the ajax get/post just yesterday and i thought to myself "that is really close to what i want, we'll figure it out, gotta go, bye
    Any luck murder? or anyone who is trying this?

I'm still at work technically, I'll get off in a couple hours and begin looking around but as of right now, I have no clue as to how Ajax get/send functions work and how to set them up...
    ill look into it
    ill look into it
    I think I figured out WHERE we can get what we need. Specifically... what you seem to need is VERY close to this:
    Code:
    C:\Palm\SDK\share\samples\Data\app\assistants\networkData\ajaxGet-assistant.jsjsjs
    Look into it. I think that's your key.

I can try to work on what you're doing (with Zelo) and see if I can get it to work... or I can continue with what I've been trying to do... it's up to you. Would you like me to modify that page to work with Zelo?
    sure why not, I can give you the source to Zelo(GUI) and MOYN (basic)

Here You Go!

Edit: That is VERY VERY close to what I wanna Do, The Ajax Get
    Edit2: LOL if you Look at the Ajax Get.html scene, it says "Enter SERACH Text
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by murdermajig; 07/02/2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: VERY CLOSE
    Lol... I noticed the Serach text... haha

but yeah... apparently the site must support Ajax?

The link that they use for google is a link to some specific Google Ajax API supportive results or something which basically means a page that was specifically built for Ajax calls? YARG. I'm completely new to this... but... from what I've heard you can just treat any page as a DOM hierarchy and then extract any piece of it that you would like... but according to this Ajax thing... the site must specifically support Ajax? I'm pretty confused... and copied and pasted the entire code (as well as the scene files) but for some reason am unable to run it... I just get an empty results group at the bottom...

*sigh*

I guess i'll take a look at the GUI's you have built...
    I have a .txt file with over 7000 words and meanings, I was also trying to figure out how to incorporate that with my app or if i just go cloud
    oh wow.

Well... to be honest... I saw something similar to this... if you can figure out how to make the text file into a database file then:

This is your answer. That should be about it... but I think it would be cooler (and easier on the Pre's memory) not to have a database... : /
    How do i set it up and use it?
    i have no clue.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast