Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
    Am I retarded? I downloaded PreTool 0.6.zip and when I try to extract the files it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I'm on a 64-bit Vista machine but also tried on XP netbook with no luck. Virtualbox would not install on either of these machines either. God does not want me sideloading apps.

Thanks to one and all for your work on this.
    Hi Cowtown,

Sounds like the download is corrupt. I am currently packaging up Pretool 0.8.
    Hopefully within the next few hours I will upload it after I test it out on my other machine.

Check this version out and let me know how you go.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi guys,

I have a new installer for version 0.8. Thanks to those who installed 0.7 I think we should now be at the bottom of some issues.

I think I have fixed the issues of IPK's installing under 32 bit OS's. (I had some logic errors)

I have fixed IPK's installing on new Pre's. (Ones without /media/internal/developer)

I hope I have fixed xorgs issue with the drag and drop not working either.

Please post your feedback so we can create a WIKI and get others onboard.

Thanks!!
    Greg
    Instructions:
    ======================
    Download PreTool0.8 Installer.zip from PreTool 0.8 Installer.zip - Windows Live and extract the contents to a folder.
    If you have a copy or webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar to the same folder. (If not it will be downloaded for you)

To install PreBrew double click "Setup.vbs" and follow the prompts.

A shortcut called "Drop File Here To Install Pre App" will be placed on your desktop.
    Drop an IPK file over this shortcut to install the file to your Pre. (Ensure your Pre is in Developer mode)

Tested On:
    ======================
    Windows 7 (64bit and 32bit)
    Windows Vista (32bit) see known issues below.

Known Issues
    ======================
    Java may not download if it is not installed. Softpedia seems to cache your visit so I don't think downloads will work. If anyone knows of a fixed location for Java or can host it please let me know.

For some reason you can't drop IPKS on to the created shortcut in Windows Vista. To resolve this delete the shorcut and create a shortcut as below...

64bit OS
    STARTIN: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew\"
    TARGET: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew\InstallApp.bat" %1

32bit OS
    STARTIN: "C:\Program Files\PreBrew\"
    TARGET: "C:\Program Files\PreBrew\InstallApp.bat" %1

Other Commands
    ======================
    PreTool (installed to C:\Program Files\PreBrew (on 32bit Systems) or C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew (on 64bit Systems)) contains various command line options as shown below.

USAGE
    ======================
    PreTool EMU -i myapp.ipk (Installs myapp.ipk on emulator)
    PreTool USB -i myapp.ipk (Installs myapp.ipk on Palm Pre)
    PreTool EMU -l (List installed PreBrew applications.)
    PreTool USB -l (List installed PreBrew applications.)
    PreTool EMU -r com.myapp (Removes myapp on emulator.)
    PreTool USB -r com.myapp (Removes myapp on Palm Pre connected via USB.)
    PreTool EMU -c COMMAND COMMANDARGS (runs a command on emulator)
    PreTool USB -c COMMAND COMMANDARGS (runs a command on Palm Pre connected via USB)
    PreTool -d (Disables Developer Mode.)
    PreTool -PreBrew (Enables PreBrew.)
    PreTool -drv (Checks for Novacom drivers and installs if neccessary.)

NOTES
    =======================
    If any of the download links for Java or WebOSDoctor change you can change their locations in "Setup.xml"
    Last edited by greg_roll; 07/13/2009 at 06:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    greg, i'm posting your progress on the dev wiki... If you create an account, feel free to update it.

pre dev wiki: Installing Apps on a Stock Pre (Post-Update 1.04)
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Instructions:
    ======================
    Download PreTool0.8 Installer.zip from PreTool 0.8 Installer.zip - Windows Live and extract the contents to a folder.
    If you have a copy or webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar to the same folder. (If not it will be downloaded for you)

A shortcut called "Drop File Here To Install Pre App" will be placed on your desktop.
    Drop an IPK file over this shortcut to install the file to your Pre. (Ensure your Pre is in Developer mode)

Tested On:
    ======================

Known Issues
    ======================
    Java may not download if it is not installed. Softpedia seems to cache your visit so I don't think downloads will work. If anyone knows of a fixed location for Java or can host it please let me know.

For some reason you can't drop IPKS on to the created shortcut in Windows Vista. To resolve this delete the shorcut and create a shortcut as below...

64bit OS

32bit OS

Other Commands
    ======================
    PreTool (installed to C:\Program Files\PreBrew (on 32bit Systems) or C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew (on 64bit Systems)) contains various command line options as shown below.

USAGE
    ======================
    PreTool USB -c COMMAND COMMANDARGS (runs a command on Palm Pre connected via USB)

NOTES
    =======================
    If any of the download links for Java or WebOSDoctor change you can change their locations in "Setup.xml"
    Finally, something works on W7 x64. I would recommend that you pre-package the Java installer and create two versions of your app for x86 and x64. It did not correctly download Java for me, so I downloaded Java manually, placed it in the folder and renamed it. Great stuff though.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Instructions:
    ======================

Tested On:
    ======================

Known Issues
    ======================

64bit OS

32bit OS

Other Commands
    ======================

USAGE
    ======================

NOTES
    =======================
    Please help, i download the pretool .8 into a blank folder. It shows up in that folder as "PreTool 0.8 Installer.1.321C02" as an EFW file at 1,736kb. I downloaded " webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar " to the same folder and I get nothing, can someone help me. Going to be at work until around 1130pmeastern, can someone help trouble shoot me!!! I don't setup.vbs file and I also have the latest java download....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    When creating the new shortcut for Vista 64 when I get to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew\InstallApp.bat" do I need to type the %1 at the end of the line before I create the shortcut?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok installed on xp and it won't let me drag and drop the files to the install on pre icon. Anyone have any suggestions?

Changed the shortcut could drag and drop onto but the file didn't app didn't appear on the pre. Trying to load the tetris game?
    Last edited by pchrist; 07/13/2009 at 01:42 PM.
    It ****in works guys!!! For all of us in Vista 32, just drag straight to the install bat. not the shortcut on the desktop.

THANKS!!!
    I'm also stuck. I ran the installer and it seemed to go fine, but I don't have the shortcut, nor do I have C:/Programfiles/Prebrew. . .

Running XP I think at work (I'm a Mac person so all the windows looks the same to me. . . )
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juliel View Post
    I'm also stuck. I ran the installer and it seemed to go fine, but I don't have the shortcut, nor do I have C:/Programfiles/Prebrew. . .

Running XP I think at work (I'm a Mac person so all the windows looks the same to me. . . )
    Same peoblem with XP, can someone help us?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    for some reason mine isn't working???? i did the install of the apps put the pre in dev mode
    ???

HELP???
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Same peoblem with XP, can someone help us?
    I ran it twice ( the install ) seemed to fix the same issue I had like you.
    I've actually run my install several times and have not yet had any success. . .
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Greg,
    Downloaded Version 0.8, set it up setup.vbs and still the same a red circle with a line through it. So I saw your list of known issues. I deleted shortcut and created another by going to new, shortcut and in the browse area I copied and pasted what you had as the target. I saw the icon on the desktop and tried to drag and drop the .ipk file to no avail.

I then tried to drag it onto the .bat file directly and still nothing. There are quite a few in this thread who have Vista 64 who are having the same or similar problems.

I know your busy but if you find a chance please look into this. I really want those apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok installed on xp and it won't let me drag and drop the files to the install on pre icon. Anyone have any suggestions?

Changed the shortcut could drag and drop onto but the file didn't app didn't appear on the pre. Trying to load the tetris game?
    same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    When creating the new shortcut for Vista 64 when I get to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew\InstallApp.bat" do I need to type the %1 at the end of the line before I create the shortcut?
    After you create the new shortcut, right click on it.. go to properties. You will then be able to add the line in TARGET:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PreBrew\InstallApp.bat" %1

Hope that helps..
    Hi Cowtown,

Sounds like the download is corrupt. I am currently packaging up Pretool 0.8.
    Hopefully within the next few hours I will upload it after I test it out on my other machine.

Check this version out and let me know how you go.

Thanks,
    Greg
    I get the same results using WinXP, corrupt file.
    When I try to click the setup button an error comes up telling me that I need Windows thats compatible with 64-bit. Any help?
    I'm new to this. I apologize for this but i'm not really sure what to do after I install the pretool. I click setup and 2 boxes with a lot of numbers comes up... then a box shows up saying i need windows thats compatible with 64-bit, to contact the developer and ask them if they have a 64 bit software. I have windows Vista... please help.
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast