Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Hello Greg Roll! I am the so called "end user" or consumer and i love your way of install the apps so far. But I seem to have a problem. I get to the end and I get the error java.net.commectexception: connection refused: connect. As an end user I am at an loss PLEASE HELP!!

ps

the command prompt says
    java is installed
    webosdoctorpl100ewwsprint.jar found
    connected to Novacom Controller
    lastly the error i previously posted.

Again please help!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    First of all, thanks to Greg and all for your efforts on this.

Everything works for me up to the end. I get the following message:
    error installing "".lpk ("" being the name of the file)
    error2: err-99 "command: put file:///media/internal/developer "".ipk
    Reply: file open failed"

any ideas what's wrong?

I have tried this with solitaire and my notifications; no luck, same message for both

thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Are you two using the drag/drop method or running the pretool with -i to install packages?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have tried it both ways, drag and drop and pretool -i including USB and EMU; got the same results.

I did get them installed with no issues using the SDK method.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Am I retarded? I downloaded PreTool 0.6.zip and when I try to extract the files it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I'm on a 64-bit Vista machine but also tried on XP netbook with no luck. Virtualbox would not install on either of these machines either. God does not want me sideloading apps.

Thanks to one and all for your work on this.
    Sorry if this is answered; it is a long thread. ONce everything is installed do we have to open either the emulator or virtualbox on the pc to install new applications?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Are you two using the drag/drop method or running the pretool with -i to install packages?
    i am using the -i to install .ipk's. i have read the whole forum and did not miss a page. I keep getting connection refused. Also if it helps i tried the sdk method and every time I want to start the emulator I get an warning saying that novacom is not started when it in fact says started in the services window. The sdk method did not work either.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    R u in koanmi/dev mode?
    yes, i am sure i commited no mistake
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I appreciate your work on this. The only problem I am facing is I have downloaded the 0.7 build, installed prebrew and have the icon on the desktop to drop files. I then go to the homebrew thread download the .ipk to my desktop, then try and drag it over to the drop item here icon that prebrew installed. Everytime I try this nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running Vista 64.
    Hi guys,

I have been very busy all weekend and I am now at work so this will be breif.
    I will reply to everyone tonight.

I know 64-bit has some issues (i think) from looking at other threads.
    I have personally tested this on Windows 7 (32bit) and it works. I could not get the emulator to work on 64-bit so I haven't even tested my code yet.

As someone mentioned I have uploaded version 0.7.

This contains an MSI installer with a wrapper to download and install Java and WebOS if required. (Will explain more tonight)

If you have downloaded 0.7 please install using Setup.vbs (not the MSI directly) as this sets a registry key with the install location. The batch file uses this to execute correctly. (Xorg im hoping this fixes your drag and drop issue)

I haven't yet posted full instructions as I was still in final testing of all the scripts. Before I post again tonight I will do some tests and get back to you all.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and testing...
    Last edited by greg_roll; 07/12/2009 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RB26 View Post
    First of all, thanks to Greg and all for your efforts on this.

Everything works for me up to the end. I get the following message:
    error installing "".lpk ("" being the name of the file)
    error2: err-99 "command: put file:///media/internal/developer "".ipk
    Reply: file open failed"

any ideas what's wrong?

I have tried this with solitaire and my notifications; no luck, same message for both

thanks in advance.
    Just a thought. If you put the Pre in USB mode and open the drive in my computer do you have a "developer" folder? If not can you create that and try again.

Also xorg may have to correct me (as I don't have a Pre) you need to have the Pre in charging mode not USB mode this this to work
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Sorry if this is answered; it is a long thread. ONce everything is installed do we have to open either the emulator or virtualbox on the pc to install new applications?
    Hi Prubin,

You don't need to run the emulator or even have it installed for this to work.

If you do want to do some testing on the emulator you can run the command line version of InstallappDEV.bat emu -i <IPK FILE>.

This will install an IPK to the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    I appreciate your work on this. The only problem I am facing is I have downloaded the 0.7 build, installed prebrew and have the icon on the desktop to drop files. I then go to the homebrew thread download the .ipk to my desktop, then try and drag it over to the drop item here icon that prebrew installed. Everytime I try this nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running Vista 64.
    Hi TCCCCnME,

I will test this with Windows 7 (64bit) tonight. It is possible I have message up 32/64 bit logic in the batch files. I will post more tonight (hopefully)

Do you notice any errors on the screen?

If you downloaded 0.7 did you run Setup.vbs or run the Prebew.msi directly?
    If you just ran the MSI could you please run Setup.vbs as it sets up some registry keys required by the PreTool.bat. Thanks
    Last edited by greg_roll; 07/12/2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    There were no errors. Just nothing happened. When I drug the .ipk file over the "drop file here" icon I got the red circle with a slash through it (to indicate I couldn't drag that file to that location). I downloaded through Prebrew first then re-downloaded using the setup.vbs. It went through verified that I had Java and webosdoctor .jar file downloaded and replaced the Prebrew. I triedagain to drag the .ipk to no avail so I restarted the computer and went again but still nothing.
    Everything here is way over my head, so I'm pretty sure I fall into your "end-user" category. But you guys (gals, too?) are awesomely amazing for doing all this. As far as "consumer friendly" goes, there are many of us on Macs. Any chance these methods now have/will have a Mac-friendly alternative? I don't want to (read: shouldn't have to) emulate Windows or run Boot Camp just to put apps on my phone, but all I see in this thread is .bat files and Windows programs.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Just a thought. If you put the Pre in USB mode and open the drive in my computer do you have a "developer" folder? If not can you create that and try again.

Also xorg may have to correct me (as I don't have a Pre) you need to have the Pre in charging mode not USB mode this this to work
    zomg. after making an internal folder and a developer folder within the pre after it was in USB mode and then putting it back into just charge - the installer worked. awesome.

Internal\Developer - right on the root of the drive in USB mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeez34 View Post
    zomg. after making an internal folder and a developer folder within the pre after it was in USB mode and then putting it back into just charge - the installer worked. awesome.

Internal\Developer - right on the root of the drive in USB mode.
    Great!

Thanks kbeez34 I will update the code to create the folders first.

Thanks for the testing
    Quote Originally Posted by igorxa View Post
    Everything here is way over my head, so I'm pretty sure I fall into your "end-user" category. But you guys (gals, too?) are awesomely amazing for doing all this. As far as "consumer friendly" goes, there are many of us on Macs. Any chance these methods now have/will have a Mac-friendly alternative? I don't want to (read: shouldn't have to) emulate Windows or run Boot Camp just to put apps on my phone, but all I see in this thread is .bat files and Windows programs.
    Hi igorxa,

Sorry I have no knowledge of MACs. The Pretool.jar file included in the MSI will work on and Java platform. It should even install the drivers.

Just someone would have to convert the Pretool.bat and InstallAPP.bat to whatever MACs use. I assume .sh files?!?!

Then you could create a shortcut to InstallApp.sh and drop the IPK's on it.

Anyone got MAC skills that could help out???
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    There were no errors. Just nothing happened. When I drug the .ipk file over the "drop file here" icon I got the red circle with a slash through it (to indicate I couldn't drag that file to that location). I downloaded through Prebrew first then re-downloaded using the setup.vbs. It went through verified that I had Java and webosdoctor .jar file downloaded and replaced the Prebrew. I triedagain to drag the .ipk to no avail so I restarted the computer and went again but still nothing.
    Hi TCCCCnME,

Thanks for the update.
    I have just uploaded version 0.8, could you please install it then follow the instructions in the known issues?
    There is an issue with Vista for some reason. I will fix it in the next installer.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 07/13/2009 at 06:32 AM.
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast