Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    AWESOME

I'm using Windows XP and this app works like a champ. I did have some issues with an earlier version. I just waited around and decided to get this latest and greatest. AND, it is the greatest.

Thanks Greg for all your awesome work and for continuously helping everyone out!

My one goof, both times I went to install this app, was that I wasn't logged into the site to download the install files. It took me for ever to remember that step. LOL
    Hi jwdesselle,

Thanks for your feedback and thanks!

Its hard to believe how far its come since my first code hack.

Hopefully my new test works and we can make this work without DEV mode.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi jwdesselle,

Thanks for your feedback and thanks!

Its hard to believe how far its come since my first code hack.

Hopefully my new test works and we can make this work without DEV mode.

Greg
    Cool. I must say, getting into DEV mode has been a hassle, but the first app I installed was the DEV Mode Launcher!
    Hi lnknpk04,

I started trying to create a .sh file for linux but was having some issues. My friend who is a linux guru and also wants a Pre is away for the next week on holidays when he is back I will get his help to setup a .sh file.

In the mean time you should be able to run the Pretool.jar file in linux. The command line will be something like...
    java -cp Pretool.jar com.PreTool.PreTool *OPTIONS*
    e.g
    java -cp Pretool.jar com.PreTool.PreTool USB -i "<FULL PATH TO IPK FILE>"

Hopefully I got the case right of com.PreTool.PreTool. (Im at work can't check, but its in the PreTool.bat file). If not try com.pretool.pretool.

Let me know the results I am very interested. (So are MAC people too)

Thanks,
    Greg
    OK. I'll give it a shot.
    Hi readams,

Not good Another thing to try would be another USB cable. Maybe the cable is faulty.

Hope thats it,
    Greg
    Worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by HagerDeath1 View Post
    I think I figured out the problem about this. I wasnt logged in when I originally downloaded the ipk files, I had to right click and save to get the files downloaded. Now that I have been logged in I downloaded the snake app and it worked OK. I redownloaded a few apps that didnt work yesterday and they are installing fine now. I could just kick myself on just how easy a fix it was.

Whoever made the original posts on how to install the apps might want to put a comment on those posts saying to log in to download the apps correctly.
    You're the ******ing man. I guess I didn't realize all my "Save as..." files were 40kb.. ha!

Works perfectly now!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Cant get this to work ??? Drag a file and it says my device is not found ?? It is in DEV mode and plugged in via USB , no idea why it is not finding the pre, any help please ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3nough View Post

3) To Install Pre Apps
    - Plug your Pre into computer USB port and put into 'Just Charge' mode, not 'USB Drive'.
    - An icon called "Drop File Here To Install Pre App" with down green arrow should be located on your desktop.
    - Drop an IPK file (packaged application) over the icon described above to install the App to your Pre.

Install Application 1.1 by Greg Roll 2009
    Installs an application on the Palm Pre
    Ensure your Palm Pre is connected and running in developer mode.

Press any key to continue . . .

Starting PreTool...

Checking for webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar...

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar found.

Running Java...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/palm/novacom/Nova
    comException
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.palm.novacom.NovacomException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: com.PreTool.PreTool. Program will exit.

Java complete.
    Complete. Check for any error messages above.

Press any key to continue . . .

This is after I went to the java website and ensured I had to the latest version of java. I double checked to make sure the phone was in development mode, and I rebooted the computer twice.

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Pentium 4 cpu 3.00 ghz
    2.99 ghz, 0.98 gb of ram

Same thing is happening to me like the 2 other guy's. Any idea's? Have gone through every single post from page 15 and on, over and over to see if I missed anything and to try suggested thing's. Nothing is working so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Same thing is happening to me like the 2 other guy's. Any idea's? Have gone through every single post from page 15 and on, over and over to see if I missed anything and to try suggested thing's. Nothing is working so far.
    Hi Slayix312,

Hmmm just had another look at it. Possibly PreTool.jar is either missing from "c:\program files\prebrew" or corrupted for some reason.

Does "c:\program files\prebrew\PreTool.jar" exist?

I'm at work so I can't test if removing that file causes that error but I will check tonight.

What OS are you running?
    IS it 32 or 64bit?

Thanks,
    Greg
    oopppss! Wrong thread!
    Hi Slayix312,

Hmmm just had another look at it. Possibly PreTool.jar is either missing from "c:\program files\prebrew" or corrupted for some reason.

Does "c:\program files\prebrew\PreTool.jar" exist?

I'm at work so I can't test if removing that file causes that error but I will check tonight.

What OS are you running?
    IS it 32 or 64bit?

Thanks,
    Greg
    32bit and "c:\program files\prebrew\PreTool.jar" doesn't exist. Thank's greg

Edit: Oh and running XP '02 professional
    Last edited by Slayix312; 07/21/2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    32bit and "c:\program files\prebrew\PreTool.jar" doesn't exist. Thank's greg

Edit: Oh and running XP '02 professional
    Hmm does "c:\program files\prebrew" exist?

I would try the following.

If you have the Uninstall option in START MENU>Programs>PreBrew. Run that to uninstall PreBrew.

Then extract the Zip to a folder and re-run Setup.vbs.

Hopefully PreTooljar exists and your up and running
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    OK so after webOS Doctor I can install again. however two things.

The first is I do believe there is a limitation to the amount of space reserved for applications which if this is the case will completely suck, however as I reinstalled all the apps (most all from app catalog and majority from here) i noticed that in order to get some of them to show up I had to delete some. (took multiple attempts to figure this out).

Second and I apologize if wrong place to post this, however twee will not install for me at all. wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences.

Thanks again Greg!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slyder33 View Post
    OK so after webOS Doctor I can install again. however two things.

The first is I do believe there is a limitation to the amount of space reserved for applications which if this is the case will completely suck, however as I reinstalled all the apps (most all from app catalog and majority from here) i noticed that in order to get some of them to show up I had to delete some. (took multiple attempts to figure this out).

Second and I apologize if wrong place to post this, however twee will not install for me at all. wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences.

Thanks again Greg!!
    Hi slyder33,

Good news! If you could post your space limititation experience in the home brew threads maybe they can start making them install in /media/internal/applications. Pretool has an option to enable PreBrew on your Pre. What this does is adds /media/internal/applications to the application search path. SO if the home brew guys could create IPK's to install there we shouldn't have that limitation.

Greg
    Thanks for the app! I was having trouble getting the sdk to work. I'm running vista sp1 64 bit, virtualbox 3 and the current mojo from the official palm site. I kept getting the "Palm Emulator requires Virtualbox 2.2.0 to run" error. In trying to download Java I couldn't find the 64 bit version. Turns out I needed to go to the Java site with the 64-bit IE and not my trusty ol' firefox.

Anyway, I got the sdk working, and also installed the prebrew. Prebrew seems to be working great. Had a little user error in the installation, but otherwise brilliant. All the more amazing that you don't have a pre to work with.

Also noticed that turning off dev mode on the pre, and restarting has the same effect as shutting down the novacomm driver.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hi slyder33,

Good news! If you could post your space limititation experience in the home brew threads maybe they can start making them install in /media/internal/applications. Pretool has an option to enable PreBrew on your Pre. What this does is adds /media/internal/applications to the application search path. SO if the home brew guys could create IPK's to install there we shouldn't have that limitation.

Greg
    Sounds like a plan! will do!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    After I drop a program on the installer it starts out fine. I press enter to continue and then I get " 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch file". I have vista 64bit. Any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahbl2 View Post
    After I drop a program on the installer it starts out fine. I press enter to continue and then I get " 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch file". I have vista 64bit. Any help.
    Hi ahbl2,

Download http://7vv4iq.blu.livefilestore.com/.../JRE-64Bit.exe and install. This is the Java installer for 64bit OS's. Then try again.

Greg
    Hi guys,

Could someone please test the following for me?

Disable DEV mode on your Pre. (I'm testing to see if I can send commands to the Pre without Dev mode.)

Download http://v1nycq.blu.livefilestore.com/...t.zip?download

Extract to a folder. Copy webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar to the same folder.
    Then double click PreTest.bat.

Hopefully what will happen is your Pre will reboot.

Post a screen shot of you results and if it worked or not.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Hi everyone,

Anyone had a chance to test this for me???

Thanks
    Greg
    Trying 1.1 now, thanks
    Greg,

I dropped the file into the installer, and this is the result. I have 64 bit Vista.

PreTool 1.1 by Greg Roll 2009
    Connects to the Palm Pre and performs various opperations.
    NOTE: Requires Dev Mode Enabled on Palm Pre. (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)

Connected to Novacom Controller

Listing devices...
    Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    Java complete.
    PreTool Complete...

Any help would be appreciated.