Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slyder33 View Post
    ok i attempted using the cmd prompt and this is the output

Starting PreTool...

Checking for webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar...

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar found.

Running Java...

PreBrew X.X DONT DISTRIBUTE by Greg Roll 2009
    Connects to the Palm Pre and performs various opperations.
    NOTE: Requires Dev Mode Enabled on Palm Pre. (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbast
    art)

Connected to Novacom Controller

Listing devices...
    Number of devices found: 1

Connected to device: 1CB62C89DB59F8B1890AB579B364404831BEB315 (usb, castle-linux
    )

Sending command to device...
    Command: /usr/bin/luna-send
    Command has been sent.

Java complete.

Still doesn't install on the device.

Also I am unable to install the update to the AP Mobile app from the catalog now also.....

thought??
    Did the file copy to /media/internal/developer or on the drive in my computer in the developer folder??

Also if you have a rooted Pre what happens if you run the command?

Did you see the post from HagerDeath1? Does that help?

Thanks for your help,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Will attempt this after work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Did the file copy to /media/internal/developer or on the drive in my computer in the developer folder??

Also if you have a rooted Pre what happens if you run the command?

Did you see the post from HagerDeath1? Does that help?

Thanks for your help,
    Greg
    Yes the file did copy correctly.

outcome from running command while rooted:

(process:23390): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in base.c:538

(process:23390): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

yes I did read the post by HagerDeath1 and unfortunately this did not seem to help.

Thanks for all your help Greg! it is greatly appreciated.
    hey i'm new at this...where do i actually find the .ipk file?
    Hi Aviator,

Very strange. Unfortunently because I don;t have many skills in MSI's I wrote a vbscript wrapper around everything so you need to run the install from Setup.vbs. I notice that the install was running from a winrar temp directory could you please extract all the files to a folder (say on your desktop) and try the install again?

Thanks,
    Greg
    You were absolutely right, and it is working like a charm. I extracted it to a folder on my desktop and there it was.
    Thanks for the help and the prggy. What a breeze to istall the homebrews.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    hey i'm new at this...where do i actually find the .ipk file?
    Here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/
    Yes the file did copy correctly.

outcome from running command while rooted:

(process:23390): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in base.c:538

(process:23390): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

yes I did read the post by HagerDeath1 and unfortunately this did not seem to help.

Thanks for all your help Greg! it is greatly appreciated.
    Hmmmm.... very interesting.

Have you tried something like the snake program I posted a link to before? I don't think the IPK's are corrupt because if they were you get no real error.

I will poke around and see if I can find anything on this error.

Out of interest what IPK file are you trying? Do you have a link?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hmmmm.... very interesting.

Have you tried something like the snake program I posted a link to before? I don't think the IPK's are corrupt because if they were you get no real error.

I will poke around and see if I can find anything on this error.

Out of interest what IPK file are you trying? Do you have a link?

Thanks,
    Greg
    I tried the snake you posted the link to, although I believe that is the version i already have installed. I also tried about 3 or 4 of the new ones in the homebrew section as well as twee. none work and I cannot even update the AP news app from the app catalog. If I do a partial reset, do I have to root it again? just wondering if this is the lesser of 2 evils.

thanks again!!

Phil
    I tried the snake you posted the link to, although I believe that is the version i already have installed. I also tried about 3 or 4 of the new ones in the homebrew section as well as twee. none work and I cannot even update the AP news app from the app catalog. If I do a partial reset, do I have to root it again? just wondering if this is the lesser of 2 evils.

thanks again!!

Phil
    Hmmm interesting that the catalog isn't working either. I can't answer questions about resets as I don't have one. I know it did help other people in this thread a few posts back. Someone may be able to comment more on this for you...

Greg
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hmmm interesting that the catalog isn't working either. I can't answer questions about resets as I don't have one. I know it did help other people in this thread a few posts back. Someone may be able to comment more on this for you...

Greg
    So I tried to go back and use the SDK method to install and got this; not sure if it will help or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

incidentally I do have about 4GB free yet.....

Ok so just went back and tried to update the AP news app and received an error telling me I did not have enough room and to delete some apps. So does this mean that there is a limit to how much of the free space can be used for apps as opposed to music and such???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slyder33; 07/20/2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added info.
    Hi readams,

Obviously something is not right here...

Could you please visit pre dev wiki: Novacom with Windows 7 and follow step 7-8. (Download the appropiate file for your OS (either 64bit or 32bit) and double click to import the registry file.) Then restart.

I know the page is dedicated for Windows 7 but it will do the trick for you. Ensure there is no errors when your import the .reg file.

After rebooting try the things your have done previously and let me know how your go.

Good luck!!
    Alas, no love for me :-(

One interesting thing is that about 1 time in 3 when I plug in the Pre I get a message like in the image below. Clicking the icon gives me the dialog pictured.

When I get a chance I'll try to do a webos doctor restore, as I'm pretty sure at this point the problem is the Pre not the computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post

One interesting thing is that about 1 time in 3 when I plug in the Pre I get a message like in the image below. Clicking the icon gives me the dialog pictured.

When I get a chance I'll try to do a webos doctor restore, as I'm pretty sure at this point the problem is the Pre not the computer.
    Unfortunently I have seen this on computers for many reasons.
    Do you have another computer handy?

If you plug it in to another computer do you get the same error or a prompt to install drivers?
    So I tried to go back and use the SDK method to install and got this; not sure if it will help or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

incidentally I do have about 4GB free yet.....

Ok so just went back and tried to update the AP news app and received an error telling me I did not have enough room and to delete some apps. So does this mean that there is a limit to how much of the free space can be used for apps as opposed to music and such???
    Very interesting! I wonder if there is some sort of limitation. Might be worth posting your error in an appropiate thread to see if anyone has come across it.

Also interesting is the SDK returns errors. I will have to check that out and see if I can capture them!

Please let me know how you go.

Thanks
    Greg

OK I just did a hard reset without any improvement. I tried WebOS doctor but presumably the same thing that prevents novacom from seeing it in other places stops it from seeing it to do WebOS doctor. A bit concerning...
    Unfortunently I have seen this on computers for many reasons.
    Do you have another computer handy?

If you plug it in to another computer do you get the same error or a prompt to install drivers?
    I tried using the linux version of novacom and the Palm SDK on a different computer and I'm getting the same no devices found error.
    I tried using the linux version of novacom and the Palm SDK on a different computer and I'm getting the same no devices found error.
    Hi readams,

Not good Another thing to try would be another USB cable. Maybe the cable is faulty.

Hope thats it,
    Greg
    I have installed this on Vista 64bit... WORKS GREAT!!! Thank you... now all the apps I wanted to install after the 1.04 are in my phone. Great work... again... can't say thank you enough.

did you try leaving the phone plugged into the computer and restarted the phone? I had similar problems till I did that
    Again to confirm the pre brew works like a charm. I can throw any ipk in the folder and there it is on my Pre.
    Thankyou so much Greg Roll.
    I am using 64 bit Vista ultimate.
    After many days of frustration with SDK and Novacom installs and failure, I finally deleted every thing from my PC. SDK, Novacom, virtual box, and any others. Rebooted my PC and like Greg suggested extracted the PreBrew 1.1 onto a new folder on my desktop (and not the default folder). Painless install.
    Hope this helps.
    Hi guys,

Could someone please test the following for me?

Disable DEV mode on your Pre. (I'm testing to see if I can send commands to the Pre without Dev mode.)

Download http://v1nycq.blu.livefilestore.com/...t.zip?download

Extract to a folder. Copy webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar to the same folder.
    Then double click PreTest.bat.

Hopefully what will happen is your Pre will reboot.

Post a screen shot of you results and if it worked or not.

Thanks!
    Greg
    AWESOME

I'm using Windows XP and this app works like a champ. I did have some issues with an earlier version. I just waited around and decided to get this latest and greatest. AND, it is the greatest.

Thanks Greg for all your awesome work and for continuously helping everyone out!

My one goof, both times I went to install this app, was that I wasn't logged into the site to download the install files. It took me for ever to remember that step. LOL