Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    sorry to be a noob, how do i delete apps installed using pretool?
    On your Pre, hold down the Orange key then click on the App icon. It should ask if you want to delete the app.
    I am having the same problem that others have had where it shows that the app was installed but it doesnt show on my pre. The phone is in dev mode and I went into properties and unblocked them from security, here is what shows when I install

Install Application 1.1 by Greg Roll 2009
    Installs an application on the Palm Pre
    Ensure your Palm Pre is connected and running in developer mode.

Press any key to continue . . .

Starting PreTool...

Checking for webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar...

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar found.

Running Java...

PreTool 1.1 by Greg Roll 2009
    Connects to the Palm Pre and performs various opperations.
    NOTE: Requires Dev Mode Enabled on Palm Pre. (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbast
    art)

Connected to Novacom Controller

Listing devices...
    Number of devices found: 1

Connected to device: 82FF9540D635997C76685B57A682956A9AD750E9 (usb, castle-linux
    )
    Checking for file: C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Desktop\22588d1247991310-preb
    ounce-bouncy-game-7-19-nnr-prebounce_1.0.0_all.ipk

Creating /media/internal
    Creating /media/internal/developer
    Copying IPKFile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Desktop\22588d1247991310-prebou
    nce-bouncy-game-7-19-nnr-prebounce_1.0.0_all.ipk' to device.

Installing IPK File: C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Desktop\22588d1247991310-prprpr
    ebounce-bouncy-game-7-19-nnr-prebounce_1.0.0_all.ipk

Running Command:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify {"target":"
    /media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk","subscribe":true}

IPK install command complete, program should now appear on your Pre.

Java complete.
    Complete. Check for any error messages above.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. it shows installed but nothing there. I thought it was just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post
    Thanks. Neither of the keys you mentioned exists.
    Hi readams,

Obviously something is not right here...

Could you please visit pre dev wiki: Novacom with Windows 7 and follow step 7-8. (Download the appropiate file for your OS (either 64bit or 32bit) and double click to import the registry file.) Then restart.

I know the page is dedicated for Windows 7 but it will do the trick for you. Ensure there is no errors when your import the .reg file.

After rebooting try the things your have done previously and let me know how your go.

Good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HagerDeath1 View Post
    I am having the same problem that others have had where it shows that the app was installed but it doesnt show on my pre. The phone is in dev mode and I went into properties and unblocked them from security, here is what shows when I install

Starting PreTool...

Running Java...

NOTE: Requires Dev Mode Enabled on Palm Pre. (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbast
    art)

Listing devices...

Connected to device: 82FF9540D635997C76685B57A682956A9AD750E9 (usb, castle-linux
    )
    Checking for file: C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Desktop\22588d1247991310-preb

Creating /media/internal
    Copying IPKFile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Desktop\22588d1247991310-prebou

Installing IPK File: C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Desktop\22588d1247991310-prprpr

Running Command:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify {"target":"

Java complete.

Hi everyone having this issue,

Could you please try the following game (snake) from http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-v0-2-nrr.html and see if it installs? I know this game works perfect on the emulator.
    (Let me know how this goes)

Then download Pretool.jar from PreBrew X.X DONT DISTRIBUTE OR INSTALL - Windows Live.

Navigate to "c:\Program Files\PreBrew" and rename Pretool.jar to Pretool.jar.old. Then copy the downloaded Pretool.jar to "c:\Program Files\PreBrew "

Try and install your application again. (This time NOTHING will be installed as I have turned off the installer in this version.)

Then either look at /media/internal/developer (on a rooted phone) or put your Pre in USB mode and look at the drive in my computer. Hopefully in the developer folder you see a file called Installer.ipk.

(Let me know if the file is there or not)

If the file is there please place you Pre back in "Just Charge" mode. Then open a cmd.exe and goto "C:\Program Files\Prebrew" and run the following command...

PreTool.bat USB -c /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify {"target":"/media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk","subscribe":true}
    (Post command prompt output)
    (Is the application installed??)

If the file is there but the above command did not work and one of you have a rooted Pre could you please SSH to your Pre and run the following command...

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify {"target":"/media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk","subscribe":true}

Post the output of the command. Press Ctrl+C to return on the command line.

The above should help me get to the bottom of this issue,
    Thanks
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by vladthedog View Post
    I'm getting the exact same thing.
    Hi guys,

How big is your webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar? Mine is about 195MB.

Your file may be corrupt. Try downloading again and copy to "C:\Program Files\PreBrew".

See if that helps. Its even possible the hosted file has become corrupt. Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    i am unable to get the PreBrew tool to work on one of my laptops. i updated it with the latest java and rebooted but i still can't connect to the Pre. Below is what shows up in the PreBrew Console screen (any ideas why the following error?, thank you):

PreBrew Console 1.1 by Greg Roll 2009

=====================================

Checking Pre Connectivity...

Starting PreTool...

Running Java...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/PreTool/P
    reTool (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Java complete.

=====================================

Hi k-wow,

According to the Java help web pages this can occur if Java is not the right version. I have targeted my app at JRE 1.6.0_14 and above. Now because you have done this maybe open a command prompt and type "java -version". What version do you get??

On one of the forums a person mentioned the c:\windows\system32\java.exe was out of date even though they have installed the latest java version. If you have other versions of Java maybe uninstall all of them and install the latest again.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks
    Greg
    To all of my Pre pals who have tried to run PreBrew, only to learn that your computer does not recognize your Pre (0 devices) . . .

I decided to use WebOS Doctor to return my Pre back to factory default settings. As I observed that process, I noticed that my PC flashed a notification that said that my PC had found a Novacom device. Yea-ah!!! That got me to thinking. After I completed that, I decided that I would run Greg's latest PreBrew Install before reinstalling my wallpapers, photos, music files, etc. No tinkering. Nothing. Just installed Pre Brew. Lo, and behold, it installed as easy as pie. So, bottom line....

if, after you have attempted to install Pre Brew, you are faced with the 0 device message, consider a hard reset (restore to factory settings using WebOS Doctor).

Don't forget to save memos and anything else that will not be backed up by Palm before you do this or that will be lost.I am posting this on the Post OS1.04 - pinging.... board, because people are having problems there, too, and may not look here.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    To all of my Pre pals who have tried to run PreBrew, only to learn that your computer does not recognize your Pre (0 devices) . . .

I decided to use WebOS Doctor to return my Pre back to factory default settings. As I observed that process, I noticed that my PC flashed a notification that said that my PC had found a Novacom device. Yea-ah!!! That got me to thinking. After I completed that, I decided that I would run Greg's latest PreBrew Install before reinstalling my wallpapers, photos, music files, etc. No tinkering. Nothing. Just installed Pre Brew. Lo, and behold, it installed as easy as pie. So, bottom line....

if, after you have attempted to install Pre Brew, you are faced with the 0 device message, consider a hard reset (restore to factory settings using WebOS Doctor).

Don't forget to save memos and anything else that will not be backed up by Palm before you do this or that will be lost.I am posting this on the Post OS1.04 - pinging.... board, because people are having problems there, too, and may not look here.
    Hi justjill3,

Thats great news! Hope his helps everyone else and myself (when I finally get a Pre)

Thanks
    Greg
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone having this issue,

Could you please try the following game (snake) from http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-v0-2-nrr.html and see if it installs? I know this game works perfect on the emulator.
    (Let me know how this goes)

Then download Pretool.jar from PreBrew X.X DONT DISTRIBUTE OR INSTALL - Windows Live.

Navigate to "c:\Program Files\PreBrew" and rename Pretool.jar to Pretool.jar.old. Then copy the downloaded Pretool.jar to "c:\Program Files\PreBrew "

Try and install your application again. (This time NOTHING will be installed as I have turned off the installer in this version.)

Then either look at /media/internal/developer (on a rooted phone) or put your Pre in USB mode and look at the drive in my computer. Hopefully in the developer folder you see a file called Installer.ipk.

(Let me know if the file is there or not)

If the file is there please place you Pre back in "Just Charge" mode. Then open a cmd.exe and goto "C:\Program Files\Prebrew" and run the following command...

PreTool.bat USB -c /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify {"target":"/media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk","subscribe":true}
    (Post command prompt output)

If the file is there but the above command did not work and one of you have a rooted Pre could you please SSH to your Pre and run the following command...

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify {"target":"/media/internal/developer/Installer.ipk","subscribe":true}

Post the output of the command. Press Ctrl+C to return on the command line.

The above should help me get to the bottom of this issue,
    Thanks
    Greg
    Will attempt this after work!!
    greg_roll,

I'd like to be able to use this install method on linux. Have you attempted or tested this out? If you want, I can screw around with it to see if I can get it to work...
    Hi guys,

How big is your webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar? Mine is about 195MB.

Your file may be corrupt. Try downloading again and copy to "C:\Program Files\PreBrew".

See if that helps. Its even possible the hosted file has become corrupt. Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks,
    Greg
    mine is at 200MB, I will try the rest of the stuff along with redownloading this file

Starting PreTool...

Running Java...

art)

Listing devices...

)

Creating /media/internal

Running Command:

Java complete.

I think I figured out the problem about this. I wasnt logged in when I originally downloaded the ipk files, I had to right click and save to get the files downloaded. Now that I have been logged in I downloaded the snake app and it worked OK. I redownloaded a few apps that didnt work yesterday and they are installing fine now. I could just kick myself on just how easy a fix it was.

Whoever made the original posts on how to install the apps might want to put a comment on those posts saying to log in to download the apps correctly.
    Greg roll, plese help
    I am trying to install prebrew 1.1 from the link and when I try the setup.vbs, it gives me a message that "setup.xml" is missing.
    Then I saw the "prebrew64.msi and when i clicked on that the istaller runs, but hangs and gives me a message "source file not found .....Appdata\Local\Temp\Rar$D100.262\Uninstall.vbs Verify that the file exists and that you can acess it.

What am I doing wrong?
    I think I figured out the problem about this. I wasnt logged in when I originally downloaded the ipk files, I had to right click and save to get the files downloaded. Now that I have been logged in I downloaded the snake app and it worked OK. I redownloaded a few apps that didnt work yesterday and they are installing fine now. I could just kick myself on just how easy a fix it was.

Whoever made the original posts on how to install the apps might want to put a comment on those posts saying to log in to download the apps correctly.
    Hi HagerDeath1,

Great news! Glad you got it to work. Could you just clarify the above a bit more? Did you download the IPK's by a download manager whilst not logged on?

Some people have mentioned that after downloading the files you need to right click the file and get properties then click the unlock button at the bottom. This could be the same reason etc.

Thanks again,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Greg roll, plese help
    I am trying to install prebrew 1.1 from the link and when I try the setup.vbs, it gives me a message that "setup.xml" is missing.
    Then I saw the "prebrew64.msi and when i clicked on that the istaller runs, but hangs and gives me a message "source file not found .....Appdata\Local\Temp\Rar$D100.262\Uninstall.vbs Verify that the file exists and that you can acess it.

What am I doing wrong?
    Hi Aviator,

Very strange. Unfortunently because I don;t have many skills in MSI's I wrote a vbscript wrapper around everything so you need to run the install from Setup.vbs. I notice that the install was running from a winrar temp directory could you please extract all the files to a folder (say on your desktop) and try the install again?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by lnknpk04 View Post
    greg_roll,

I'd like to be able to use this install method on linux. Have you attempted or tested this out? If you want, I can screw around with it to see if I can get it to work...
    Hi lnknpk04,

I started trying to create a .sh file for linux but was having some issues. My friend who is a linux guru and also wants a Pre is away for the next week on holidays when he is back I will get his help to setup a .sh file.

In the mean time you should be able to run the Pretool.jar file in linux. The command line will be something like...
    java -cp Pretool.jar com.PreTool.PreTool *OPTIONS*
    e.g
    java -cp Pretool.jar com.PreTool.PreTool USB -i "<FULL PATH TO IPK FILE>"

Hopefully I got the case right of com.PreTool.PreTool. (Im at work can't check, but its in the PreTool.bat file). If not try com.pretool.pretool.

Let me know the results I am very interested. (So are MAC people too)

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slyder33 View Post
    Will attempt this after work!!
    ok i attempted using the cmd prompt and this is the output

Starting PreTool...

Running Java...

PreBrew X.X DONT DISTRIBUTE by Greg Roll 2009
    art)

Listing devices...

Connected to device: 1CB62C89DB59F8B1890AB579B364404831BEB315 (usb, castle-linux
    )

Sending command to device...
    Command: /usr/bin/luna-send
    Command has been sent.

Java complete.

Still doesn't install on the device.

Also I am unable to install the update to the AP Mobile app from the catalog now also.....

thought??
    Hi HagerDeath1,

Great news! Glad you got it to work. Could you just clarify the above a bit more? Did you download the IPK's by a download manager whilst not logged on?

Some people have mentioned that after downloading the files you need to right click the file and get properties then click the unlock button at the bottom. This could be the same reason etc.

Thanks again,
    Greg
    While not logged in, when I left clicked the link for an IPK it would redirect to a login screen for the forums. Since I hadn't gotten a login made for the forums yet I just went back to the post and right clicked then hit the save link as option. Here is an example of a file name from doing that

21570d1247549765-dot-game-v1-5-2-1-5-0-nrr-dotgame_1.5.2.ipk

But when I left clicked after I had gotten a login, the same file that I had tried to download showed as

dotGame_1.5.2.ipk

so possibly the file name change was the cause of the problem.

Also I just looked at the files I redownloaded and went into their properties and saw that security was still showing them as blocked, but they installed fine without unblocking them so that wasnt a problem to me.
    While not logged in, when I left clicked the link for an IPK it would redirect to a login screen for the forums. Since I hadn't gotten a login made for the forums yet I just went back to the post and right clicked then hit the save link as option. Here is an example of a file name from doing that

21570d1247549765-dot-game-v1-5-2-1-5-0-nrr-dotgame_1.5.2.ipk

But when I left clicked after I had gotten a login, the same file that I had tried to download showed as

dotGame_1.5.2.ipk

so possibly the file name change was the cause of the problem.

Also I just looked at the files I redownloaded and went into their properties and saw that security was still showing them as blocked, but they installed fine without unblocking them so that wasnt a problem to me.
    Excellent. Sorry I completely misunderstood you. Now I get it