Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrr! *pulls hair over and over*This is driving me CRAZY! I feel like it is one little thing. I removed and reinstalled Pre Brew, Novacom (via the zip file). Now I have caught an error in the script.
    I have tried to upload the screen shots. Hope this works.
    What type of OS are you running 32 or 64 bit?

The reason I ask is you may not have a compatible installer to install the Novacom drivers.

If you run a 64 bit system read thread #207.

It will give you an idea of what I did to fix my driver problem.
    Hi guys,

First a big thanks to TCCCCnME your helping a lot of people.

Hopefully tonight I will upload a new version.

I have a few ideas to make everything work much better.

I will try and resolve the command box going away.
    There is a pause at the end of the batch file but for some reason it doesn't work.

Also I will try a manual way of installing the drivers which should fix all OS's.
    Currently I am using the native WebOS installer which I understand doesn't work on Windows 7 or 64bit OS's. Much like some of you are experiencing.

Lastly I will create a log file anytime BreBrew is run so if you do have problems you can upload the log file.

Hopefully more tonight...
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post

The reason I ask is you may not have a compatible installer to install the Novacom drivers.

I saw all of the hoopla about this issue and went to System Properties and couldn't find out. Tell me where to look, please.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...

I saw all of the hoopla about this issue and went to System Properties and couldn't find out. Tell me where to look, please.
    Google is GREAT!!! I'm running 32bits.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hello,

I tried your last suggestion and got this: Yfrog - wim.jpg

it seems to have worked..but no app appears on my pre? so weird.. i guess something is wrong w my phone? I installed the tether app just fine...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Google is GREAT!!! I'm running 32bits.
    The best way to confirm is to go to start - control panel - system about half way down the page it will say 32 or 64 bit.

I have read about a lot of people having driver issues. The best way I know how to get the Novacom drivers for 32 bit systems (until Greg comes out with his next version) is the following:

Unfortunately the method I use involves downloading the SDK.

So first as I said earlier you will need to download the MOJO SDK.

PalmSDK-Win-0.3.4.exe

After installation go to C:/Program Files/Palm/SDK/bin/novacom/driver

Once here look for the dpinst.exe driver installer. Double click this and it will automatically download the novacom drivers.

From here double check that you have the latest version of JAVA downloaded on your system.

java.com: Java + You

Lastly, go to start menu - type services in the start search bar - open the services window - scroll down the Palm Novacom and make sure you see started beside it.

If you do not see started then start it up.

You only need the SDK for the Novacom Drivers. After I downloaded them to the computer you are done with the SDK.

After you have done these few steps try dragging an .ipk over to your Pre.

NOTE: Make sure the Pre is in Developer Mode and plugged in to the computer in Just Charge mode.

If you find that you have a 64 bit system there are a couple steps different.

Greg is currently working on a version that addresses the driver problems that are facing Vista and Windows 7. Once he is done with that Version be sure to download it. This will cut out these additional steps.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vapostol View Post
    Hello,

I tried your last suggestion and got this: Yfrog - wim.jpg

it seems to have worked..but no app appears on my pre? so weird.. i guess something is wrong w my phone? I installed the tether app just fine...
    Not to be condescending but you are in Dev Mode and plugged in under Just Charge correct?

If so then I'm at a loss. Maybe Greg can chime in on this once he gets the opportunity.
    Hello all,

I've finally decided to come out of the woodwork after lurking for many weeks watching the forum, because I've been experimenting with PreBrew and I have an error being reported. The app does load, but I figured I'd like to do this as cleanly as possible. I've seen this reported once or twice, but no one has responded to it in particular, I don't think. I'm running Win 7, 64-bit.

It's definitely the call to the registry in InstallApp.bat, line 24-44. Has anyone gotten around this?

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

Since I'm only an average user of this right now (and not really one of the rooting types as of yet, though I have a bit of experience in Linux), I don't mind hardcoding this to the correct string, I suppose... the thing that's puzzling me is that everything loads just fine.

Any thoughts?
    I'm on 64-bit Vista Home Premium. I encountered problems with the Novacom drivers but figured it out through the method described earlier in post by grabbing them from the SDK. Figuring that one out alone took me an hour, ATLEAST. I check services, Novacom registers as "started." I set the Pre in dev mode, hook it up and everything seems to be fine according to the steps. However, when I drag and drop ipk files to the green arrow, I get an error and I do not know what to do! Here is a screen shot, please please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvelasco View Post
    I'm on 64-bit Vista Home Premium. I encountered problems with the Novacom drivers but figured it out through the method described earlier in post by grabbing them from the SDK. Figuring that one out alone took me an hour, ATLEAST. I check services, Novacom registers as "started." I set the Pre in dev mode, hook it up and everything seems to be fine according to the steps. However, when I drag and drop ipk files to the green arrow, I get an error and I do not know what to do! Here is a screen shot, please please help.
    What happens after you press any button? I get this error but apps still load on my Pre. See if you get any errors after pressing any key.
    Not to be condescending but you are in Dev Mode and plugged in under Just Charge correct?

If so then I'm at a loss. Maybe Greg can chime in on this once he gets the opportunity.
    Hi guys,

Everything there looks fine. I wont have a chance tonight but I will download snake and check it out for myself. I will also look at adding more error handling to the install process.

Not sure if its the same thing. But I have successfully install this version of snake. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-v0-2-nrr.html

Are you able to install the above or any other apps at all?

Could you also post the link to the file your installing?

Hopefully I will get back to you tomorrow night.

Thanks Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 07/16/2009 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrax View Post
    Hello all,

I've finally decided to come out of the woodwork after lurking for many weeks watching the forum, because I've been experimenting with PreBrew and I have an error being reported. The app does load, but I figured I'd like to do this as cleanly as possible. I've seen this reported once or twice, but no one has responded to it in particular, I don't think. I'm running Win 7, 64-bit.

It's definitely the call to the registry in InstallApp.bat, line 24-44. Has anyone gotten around this?

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

Since I'm only an average user of this right now (and not really one of the rooting types as of yet, though I have a bit of experience in Linux), I don't mind hardcoding this to the correct string, I suppose... the thing that's puzzling me is that everything loads just fine.

Any thoughts?
    Hi Nyrax,

I'm just updating to remove the need for the following lines in the batch file. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow. Keep an eye out in 24 hours.

Thanks,
    Greg
    i give up, cant even get to try tetris
    stupid novacom crap wont even read my pre or install on my x64 vista
    Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    i give up, cant even get to try tetris
    stupid novacom crap wont even read my pre or install on my x64 vista
    Hi precrack,

Tomorrow night ill have a version which should install the drivers on 64bit OS's.

Check back in 24 hours,
    Greg
    i tried to install pretool0.9 and when its installing it says to contact the vendor because it is not compatible with vista 64 bit is their another way to do this
    I installed gregs program and dropped ipk file into green down arrow. Came up press any key to continue and some lines came up but nothing installed. anyone can help would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    I installed gregs program and dropped ipk file into green down arrow. Came up press any key to continue and some lines came up but nothing installed. anyone can help would be appreciated
    Go to the start menu and type in Services in the start search box.

Open the Services window and scroll down until you see Palm Novacom.
    Make sure that it says started beside it.

Also you may want to make sure your have the latest version of JAVA downloaded on your computer.
    When I try to extract the Pretool0.9 installer file, it says the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged.
    For those of you who are having trouble with Java you might try to download the Java Development Kit. It is required to get the SDK to run properly on windows Visa 64.

I had not gotten any of the side loading to work. What I finally did was uninstall everything related to the Pre and started from scratch by making the SDK work. After that I got the Pretool .8 to work with little effort.

I imagine that most people who are having difficulties might just have too much stuff going on and may need to work from scratch. You would also be advised to be patient and see what happens in the next few days to week. Lots of really good projects are starting to get completed and I am sure we will have a Repo driven installer app in the near future. until then here are some links that helped me out.

Installing SDK on 64bit Vista
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1716830

Java DK6
    https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

64bit Novacom driver
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1751041 (currently down)
    ftp://ftp.dvico.com/Products/FusionH...ver/GOLD64.zip
    Last edited by thatwilsonguy; 07/16/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    i need help a message keeps popping up say jre-64bit cannot run or start due to incompatibility and when i press ok it starts to download but it will not work