Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    For feedback purposes and to help out other people who may have the same problem, what did you do to finally make it work?
    Well the only problem i had was having my pc install the appropriate drivers for it to recognize my pre while on dev mode. Everytime i connected the pre (while on dev mode) my pc tried installing the drivers, but always failed (i have 64 bit Vista). What i did was follow your suggestion.
    First i downloaded the dpinst64.exe zip file from a link someone posted on post # 215. I then unzipped the file into a folder i created, then i dragged the dpinst64.exe file onto my desktop and finally dragged it again into the novacom folder. Then all i did was run the file (as admin) and it installed the driver, problem solved.
    Last edited by Rogerv.88; 07/15/2009 at 07:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv.88 View Post
    Well the only problem i had was having my pc install the appropriate drivers for it to recognize my pre while on dev mode. Everytime i connected the pre (while on dev mode) my pc tried installing the drivers, but always failed (i have 64 bit Vista). What i did was follow your suggestion.
    First i downloaded the dpinst64.exe zip file from a link someone posted on post # 215. I then unzipped the file into a folder i created, then i dragged the dpinst64.exe file onto my desktop and finally dragged it again into the novacom folder. Then all i did was run the file (as admin) and it installed the driver, problem solved.
    I'm glad to know that method worked for someone else.

Now developers keep those Homebrew's coming!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok so wiered drag and drop didnt work on my vista 32./ so tried on my amd 64 vista and viola! sweet u rock with this./ i prev left a reply to someone saying they have to root or wait ./ now i can go back and let him know of this awsomeness that this is!!!!! thank you again
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    How long do you have to wait before the apps appear on the Pre? I installed a few apps and nothing has popped up yet....still leaving it connected to the computer in case it needs to do more stuff that wasn't mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epena View Post
    How long do you have to wait before the apps appear on the Pre? I installed a few apps and nothing has popped up yet....still leaving it connected to the computer in case it needs to do more stuff that wasn't mentioned.
    It should be instant. They appear at the bottom on the first page or apps.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hmm, where can I view all the applications on the Pre?

Also, I'm using Vista, but I did create that new shortcut. A black cmd box popped up, scolled a few things and closed within one second when I dragged and dropped the ipks. That normal?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Can the developer write an application that roots and unroots with an executable?

Also, I'm using Vista, but I did create that new shortcut. A black cmd box popped up, scolled a few things and closed within one second when I dragged and dropped the ipks. That normal?
    Its hard to say without knowing what is saying. You can press the pause / break button on your keyboard but it is usually difficult to get all the info. You can also press PRT SCR and do a screen capture of the window if you are fast enough. Post up what is says and I'm sure someone will help you figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    Its hard to say without knowing what is saying. You can press the pause / break button on your keyboard but it is usually difficult to get all the info. You can also press PRT SCR and do a screen capture of the window if you are fast enough. Post up what is says and I'm sure someone will help you figure it out.
    I can tell, that I captured the screen, because I can see the image on my clipboard. When I try to paste it into a doc, all I get are place holders and a frame.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    so i double clicked "Setup.vbs" , and then it didnt put a icon called "Drop File Here To Install Pre App"

so there is also a icon that just says prebrew on the pre tool .9 that i downloaded it, so i tried clicking that, it started to download, then says.

"Source file not found c:users\appdata\temp\temp2_pretool 0.9 installer.zip\webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint.jar

what am i doing wrong here............
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newberry View Post
    so i double clicked "Setup.vbs" , and then it didnt put a icon called "Drop File Here To Install Pre App"

so there is also a icon that just says prebrew on the pre tool .9 that i downloaded it, so i tried clicking that, it started to download, then says.

"Source file not found c:users\appdata\temp\temp2_pretool 0.9 installer.zip\webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint.jar

what am i doing wrong here............
    Be sure that you have downloaded the latest version - 0.9

Make sure that you drag the webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint.jar file over to the Version 0.9 file folder.

Lastly if neither works you can always try re-downloading the Version 0.9
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I experienced this same thing on Vista 64 bit OS.

Make sure to check under Services to see if the Palm Novacom is started.
    (Go to start, type in services, scroll down to Palm Novacom)

If you put the %1 at the end of the target try removing it and see what happens.

Make sure that you drug the webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint.jar file over into the Version 0.9 file.

If you are using a 64 bit system you may need to download the driver installer (DPInst64.exe) to properly install the drivers. The default drivers in the package may only be compatible with 32 bit systems.

Also be sure that you have the latest version of JAVA downloaded on you computer.
    when i plug in the pre in developer mode for the first time, my PC is asking to install drivers. do i need to install these drivers, and if so, how? as of now, i have NOT installed teh drivers, everything is working according to plan, but when i drag and drop the .ipk into the icon on my desktop the app does not appear on my pre. i am using vista 32 bit.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    when i plug in the pre in developer mode for the first time, my PC is asking to install drivers. do i need to install these drivers, and if so, how? as of now, i have NOT installed teh drivers, everything is working according to plan, but when i drag and drop the .ipk into the icon on my desktop the app does not appear on my pre. i am using vista 32 bit.
    To be able to load apps you need the Novacom drivers.

Go to start, then type Services. Open the services window and scroll down until you see Palm Novacom.

Once there make sure that you see started beside it. If it has nothing beside it then hit start and see if you get any error messages.

Look again and make sure it says started beside it then try dragging it over again.

If this doesn't work you may have to manually install the Novacom drivers which is touched on in #207.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    got it! i did download the new .9 i just tried it a second time, worked!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for the screen capture idea. Apparently I'm getting some sort of error.

What now?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks for the screen capture idea. Apparently I'm getting some sort of error.

What now?
    Put a space before the %1 and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    I can tell, that I captured the screen, because I can see the image on my clipboard. When I try to paste it into a doc, all I get are place holders and a frame.
    Try pasting it into a MS paint (if you are using windows)
    Grrrrrrrrrr! *pulls hair over and over*This is driving me CRAZY! I feel like it is one little thing. I removed and reinstalled Pre Brew, Novacom (via the zip file). Now I have caught an error in the script.
    I have tried to upload the screen shots. Hope this works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Using the SDK Method, when i drag the .ipk files to palm-install, the app shows up in the Emulator, but not on the actual pre. I know theres a stupid easy fix for it. HELP!