Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vapostol View Post
    yep did that.. still nothing
    Another thing I did was stop Palm Novacom under the Services window was to stop Palm Novacom and restart it.

When I stopped it and tried to restart it I got an error message.

That's when I had to reinstall the Novacom drivers using the SDK.

So try that, go to Services find Palm Novacom and if its says started, stop it and try and restart it and see if you happen to get an error message.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    on the wiki the line
    Restart your Pre (as prompted)
    should be changed to
    Restart your Pre by tapping the "RESET the device" button
    Worked great! Had to try it twice tho but it worked! I'm so stoked cause the sdk way fried my pc partition
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for doing all this work on this. I am having issues…I have a 64 bit Vista SP2 HP Intel laptop. When installing v0.9 I get the following message:

“The program or feature “\??\C:\Users\master\Downloads\Pretool 0.9
    Installer\JRE-64Bit.exe” cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit version of windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available”

And the program installs and creates an icon and then when I drag and drop I get :

“Error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
    Ensure your Palm Pre is connected and running in developer mode”

I went through TCCCnME post #207 said and tried to reinstall and got the same two errors. When I double click JRE-64Bit.exe I get:

“The version of this file is not compatible with the the version of windows you’re running…”

Checked to make sure novacom was started and pre was in devmode. Tried different USB ports.

I tried all day Sunday to get the SDK drag and drop method would work with no success.

Any help on this would be awesome! I’d like to be part of the homebrew community!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    Hey Greg,

I did some research on the DPInst64.exe and came across this link:

Driver Installation for 32-bit and 64-bit Platforms

On this page on the left side is another link to a MS Word document with a decent description of what the DPInst32 and DPInst64 are.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...t_install.docx

I don't know if this is any help but I didn't see any mention of those being for an Intel wireless card.

It looks to be a driver install package that may be utilized to deliver drivers to 32 and 64 bit systems. This could be a valuable and easy way to load the novacom drivers onto the system.

If you get time, take a look and see what you think.
    HI TCCCCnME,

Thanks for the information. THis installer must have been part of a wireless dirver. (makes sense now).

I think I know what your doing now. I will look at the SDK and confirm my thoughts. I think I will change the installer to extract the drivers from the SDK then install them using dpinst.exe and dpinst64.exe.

Good work!

I am out tonight (currently morning here in AUS) but if im home early I will check it out.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by quest1772 View Post
    Thanks for doing all this work on this. I am having issues…I have a 64 bit Vista SP2 HP Intel laptop. When installing v0.9 I get the following message:

“The program or feature “\??\C:\Users\master\Downloads\Pretool 0.9
    Installer\JRE-64Bit.exe” cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit version of windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available”

And the program installs and creates an icon and then when I drag and drop I get :

“Error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
    Ensure your Palm Pre is connected and running in developer mode”

I went through TCCCnME post #207 said and tried to reinstall and got the same two errors. When I double click JRE-64Bit.exe I get:

“The version of this file is not compatible with the the version of windows you’re running…”

Checked to make sure novacom was started and pre was in devmode. Tried different USB ports.

I tried all day Sunday to get the SDK drag and drop method would work with no success.

Any help on this would be awesome! I’d like to be part of the homebrew community!
    Hi quest1772,

Looks like my bad. If you could go to Java Downloads for All Operating Systems - Sun Microsystems and download Java for 64bit and install it your problems should go away.

My link for the 64bit Java version much download the 32bit one which is not compatable. Very sorry.

Let me know how you go!
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Excellent work greg. You are making the OP vision a reality. Thanks.

Will update the dev wiki.

Couple tidbit suggestions...
    - Consider making the .zip a self extracting .exe that runs the setup automatically.
    - When installing java, it says, 'Please wait'. Considering adding.. 'Installing Java...'
    - When no device found, need to pause the script. The windows disappears before seeing the error message.
    Hi xorg,

Thanks for updating the Wiki. I will update accordingly. Good ideas. I am out tonight if I am home early enough I will update. If not it will be about 36hours until my next post. (Its morning here in AUS).

Also TCCCCnME has explained his driver install issues and I have some theories on how to fix that. Hopefully I can get something that works 100% for all systems.

Greg
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi quest1772,

Looks like my bad. If you could go to htt p : // www .java.com/en/download/manual.jsp]Java Downloads for All Operating Systems - Sun Microsystems and download Java for 64bit and install it your problems should go away.

My link for the 64bit Java version much download the 32bit one which is not compatable. Very sorry.

Let me know how you go!
    It was Firefoxs’ fault!! I went to that link and downloaded java again (I’ve done this 5 times now) and it said it was already installed. Turns out it was automatically taking me to the 32bit download link. I had to use Internet explorer 64bit and go to that link to get the 64bit java. Installed it restarted and BAM it worked!! Thank you so much!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Works in Win2000...
    - Had to put reg from the resourcekit in the PreBrew folder
    - Had to install RNDIS Driver and the usbnet-pre.inf file
    - Had to stop the PalmNovacom service

This is sweeeeetttt....

Love the Pre!
    Does the link to download still work?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I installed everything... i have novacom etc... shortcut is on my vista deskotp ..
    i drag the ipk to the icon...cnd window comes up ...press any key..pressed the key.. runs a bunch of lines then closes...

i check my pre..nothing..what the crap! i have novacom running and everything.. i can telnet to my pre locally w no problems I dont get this?
    Same thing happened to me.
    You need to check the properties for the ipk file. (right-click on the link and select properties). At the bottom of the General Tab there is sometimes a Security Check that says this file came from another computer and may be blocked. If so, you need to select Unblock before dropping on the InstallApp.bat file icon.
    This worked for me.
    Hope it helps.
    yep did that.. still nothing
    Hi vapostol,

Copy webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar to c:\program files\prebrew (32bit OS) or Copy webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar to c:\program files (x86)\prebrew (64bit OS)
    and try again.

The installer usually copies that file from the installation directory to one of the above directories.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Your device is not found by the computer. Try plugging into a different USB port. Also make sure your Pre is in Developer mode. Make sure device is in 'Just Charge' mode, not USB Drive mode.

I've been putting together more user friendly instructions here..
    update]pre dev wiki: Installing Apps on a Stock Pre (Post-Update 1.04)[/url]

Weird, tried again and everything worked perfectly. For what it's worth when I tried earlier, my pre had been in developer mode for over 24 hours, yikes!

Awesome work guys!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    grrrr ive tried all the above suggestions... still nothing everything is where it should be! i get no error msgs or anything
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    this is what the window reads after i hit a key... i took a screen before the window closed..
    http://yfrog.com/5955837572j
    this is what the window reads after i hit a key... i took a screen before the window closed..
    Yfrog - 66c.jpg
    Hi vapostol,

Thanks for the screen shot.

Everything looks good as it is trying to copy the file.

Could you please put your pre in USB mode and tell me if you have a developer folder in the drive letter (in my computer) of your Pre?

If you don't can you create it and try again.

Is the snake IPK in the developer folder if the folder exists?

Another thing to try is open a command prompt, goto c:\program files\PreBrew and run the following command:

PreTool.bat USB -i "<FULL PATH TO IPK>"

Make sure there are quotes are the full path to the file.
    Then post any errors you get.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    woooohoooo!! i did it!! well we did it!! thanks everyone for all your help. i'm finally able to install apps on my pre!! i'm so happy thank you guys.
    So i installed prebrew 0.9 from the wiki, everything installed great. put phone in dev mode, just charge, dropped ipk onto icon and i get this message. see screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Installed PreTool on my Windows XP computer and installed Pretris and it worked PERFECT!!! thanks you guys are truly AWESOME!!!! I just wish I knew more about programming....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv.88 View Post
    woooohoooo!! i did it!! well we did it!! thanks everyone for all your help. i'm finally able to install apps on my pre!! i'm so happy thank you guys.
    For feedback purposes and to help out other people who may have the same problem, what did you do to finally make it work?