Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    This might sound and be stupid, but how can i hack the emulator?
    like change add more stuff to universal search etc.

    I cant get SFTP working with the wiki guides for the pre itself, so i cant really change the files of the emulator.

    Am i completely looking this the wrong way or something? I dont own a pre, so i want to try the hacks you guys made for the pre on the emulator and perhaps in future come up with my own hacks of some sort. blah blah.. thanks
  2.    #2  
    because of:
    ipkg-opt: line 1: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

    Well i hope you guys come up with this quick. i try using "vi" in the meanwhile
  3. #3  
    You can connect to the emulator to do this using SCP as opposed to SFTP. If you're using WinSCP it's definitely an option there.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can connect to the emulator to do this using SCP as opposed to SFTP. If you're using WinSCP it's definitely an option there.
    Not sure if this issue has been resolved or not... but I can't seem to use the SCP option in WinSCP to edit the files in the emulator... anything I'm missing?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Not sure if this issue has been resolved or not... but I can't seem to use the SCP option in WinSCP to edit the files in the emulator... anything I'm missing?
    Hey Sirata! I've been using the heck out of WinSCP to change files on the emulator. What kind of problem are you having?

    The only problem I'm running into us having to keep an SSH session open to stop/start the luna shell after I upload my changed code. It's a little time consuming but I'm having a blast
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Hey Sirata! I've been using the heck out of WinSCP to change files on the emulator. What kind of problem are you having?

    The only problem I'm running into us having to keep an SSH session open to stop/start the luna shell after I upload my changed code. It's a little time consuming but I'm having a blast

    I have been doing the exact same thing, but when I change something I simple issue the command reboot via winscp, reboot is less then 30 seconds so its not a big deal.
  7. #7  
    The SCP protocol worked for me with WinSCP:

    Host name: localhost
    Port number: 5522
    User name: root
    Password: <leave blank>

    But I get this error when logging in:

    "Error looking up user groups."
    Code:
    Command 'groups'
    failed with return code 127 and error message
    -sh: groups: not found.
    I just created a new user and think it might have something to do with that. I need to figure out how to delete him. I also ipkg-opt removed and install'd the sudo package a few times, as well as openssh-sftp-server.
  8. #8  
    In the options, uncheck "Lookup User Groups" in SCP/Shell.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraBlack View Post
    The SCP protocol worked for me with WinSCP:

    Host name: localhost
    Port number: 5522
    User name: root
    Password: <leave blank>

    But I get this error when logging in:

    "Error looking up user groups."
    Code:
    Command 'groups'
    failed with return code 127 and error message
    -sh: groups: not found.
    I just created a new user and think it might have something to do with that. I need to figure out how to delete him. I also ipkg-opt removed and install'd the sudo package a few times, as well as openssh-sftp-server.
    Instead of localhost use 127.0.0.1, that worked for me.

Posting Permissions