1.    #1  
    Just asking if anyone is planning to create a file explorer/manager so we can store, organize, copy, move etc. files stored in the device storage by folders?? I believe that its needed if we want more efficient web downloading as well as email attachments etc. when its enabled
    Last edited by Mike20PR; 06/29/2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Agreed, I have been thinking of this as well. I am not sure if iPhone has it, but I am used to it from my WinMobile phones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericnyc646 View Post
    Agreed, I have been thinking of this as well. I am not sure if iPhone has it, but I am used to it from my WinMobile phones.
    apple wont let basically anything into the device that isnt synced by itunes so it would not have any point to have one, but android has file managers as well as winmo like you stated i i believe this to be crucial in a smartphone

lets see what the developers have to say
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    The evidence seems to suggest Palm is planning some sort of file management capability in a future update.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    The evidence seems to suggest Palm is planning some sort of file management capability in a future update.
    thanx for the info, looking forward for the update
    I would just like the ability to sort categorize photos that I have taken into different folders/albums.
  7.    #7  
    bump, now thats the SDK has been released. Can a talented developer make thishappen?? it will add tons of functuality to a PDA device
    There is currently no File I/O API available to non Palm apps, so a file manager app will have to wait.