1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

Can someone make this application it be great.

Here is the link:
    http://www.precentral.net/email-land...oting-required

Make application with a switch on and off and thats it.

This would be great for people like me that are scared to hack the phone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Can someone make this application it be great.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.precentral.net/email-land...oting-required
    Make application with a switch on and off and thats it.
    This would be great for people like me that are scared to hack the phone.
    Thanks
    While having this happen automatically would be great you certainly don't have to hack the phone to make it happen. Just type as per the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    While having this happen automatically would be great you certainly don't have to hack the phone to make it happen. Just type as per the instructions.
    I think his point is that it kind of sucks to have to type that every time, itd be easier to make it an option...
    I don't believe it is currently possible to make changes that alter the base system with a simple App. Unless file changes are exposed via the API, which would be dangerous in a security sense. In other words, a toggling App isn't easy to make.
  5.    #5  
    Can you guys make that will auto hack that part and leave on for good? I really dont want to go in to the OS, cause i most likely kill the Pre with my hacking. Something like the Ringtone app from Pimpmypre.com, on or off.
    No, if we could make and app to go in and change it, toggle would be simple. Just reverse it. Most devs don't want to modify the base files because it could easily brick someone's phone when and update comes down. Unless someone has found a cool hook I haven't seen yet.
  7.    #7  
    I havent one either, thought someone found one, I wonder why Palm didnt open it up, as i understand that it is suppose to work but doesnt under these settings, could it be error on there part?
    Scrolling seems a bit choppy in landscape to me. That's my guess as to why its not in by default.
    Your much better off doing the hack through root. You can always use the webOS doctor not to mention you should make a backup of the file your editing before you edit it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.