Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to let everybody know what I was working on. It's a scrobbler for the palm pre that scrobbles your music to last.fm... For those of you who dont know what scrobbling is Scrobbling. I know I have 2 "will"'s in the screen**** and the icon looks a little whack but it's coming along nicely..

Last edited by edektor; 06/29/2009 at 01:12 AM.
    cool thx
    Last edited by murdermajig; 06/29/2009 at 01:07 AM.
    THANK YOU!
    did you get the radio working, or is it just scrobbling?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerrer View Post
    THANK YOU!
    did you get the radio working, or is it just scrobbling?
    Just scrobbling.. For now
    Awesome, I was just thinking about this last night.
    awesome! I'll make you a dev in the forums so you can post it in the homebrew section when you've packaged it up.
    Hi,
    do you have to root your phone to use it or how to you get the current song with the webOS api?
    Because I've been playing with the last.fm api on the pre myself a bit but couln't find a way to get notified by song changes from the media player
    Are you in the early entry program or did you do all that from what's been made available thus far?
    are you able to scrobb the songs you're listening to in pandora? i wouldn't think so, but that would be most useful since that's really the only music i listen to on the phone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    are you able to scrobb the songs you're listening to in pandora? i wouldn't think so, but that would be most useful since that's really the only music i listen to on the phone.
    Hrrm.. well Pandora outputs the song it's playing to the notification system. I wonder if you could listen to this output and pull song information from it? Not sure if it's possible though, would have to do more research.
    For that matter I'm not even sure what data last.fm looks for from it's scrobblers...
    Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    For that matter I'm not even sure what data last.fm looks for from it's scrobblers...
    You will have to know the track title, artist and also the length of the track and the time the track started playing. I don't think pandora emits this info :-/
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    You will have to know the track title, artist and also the length of the track and the time the track started playing. I don't think pandora emits this info :-/
    I'm guessing not, I can't verify it at the moment but I'd guess that all Pandora outputs to the notification service is track title:artist as well as the requisite like/dislike and pause/play code.
    Are you planning on making a full client like the desktop scrobbler app that plays Last.FM feeds? Pandora is OK, but the six songs per hour skip limit is a pain.

Still, they both really pale in comparison to the old Launchcast service. I really miss Launchcast. Damn Yahoo for buying it then running it into the ground!!!
    If all else fails he could use the MusicBrainz API to find the track length
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Awesome, I was just thinking about this last night.
    So you were thinking about last.fm last.pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    So you were thinking about last.fm last.pm?
    Ummm...Yes, yes I was...
    I was like, man i wish there was a last.fm client on ma pre and I wake up to find that my wish has partly been granted

Was like Xmas in june..
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Scrobbling is very appreciated, but an actual streaming radio would be the best app ever. I know we have pandora, but I love lastfm, because try typing in a comedians name into lastfm and pandora, it won't come up at all on pandora because the library is limited to mainstream music.

Also lastfm has international music as well, like indian music too, so this would be incredible for a bunch of people out there.
    unfortunately last.fm streaming on mobile devices is prohibited, but maybe they'll release an official app.
  19.    #19  
    Hi,
    do you have to root your phone to use it or how to you get the current song with the webOS api?
    Because I've been playing with the last.fm api on the pre myself a bit but couln't find a way to get notified by song changes from the media player
    If you ssh into you phone or the emulator and type dbus-util --capture then start using the phone you'll see that everything you do goes through the dbus including the music you play.. It also looks like there is there is a service name com.palm.mediaevents and I'm still looking into that.

Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Are you in the early entry program or did you do all that from what's been made available thus far?
    I'm not a part of the early access program I did this all with the leaked SDK.. You can learn a lot with those examples they give you

Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    Yes I am planning on scrobbling the music from pandora. I also listen to it a lot. If you know away to get the current song information let me know.

To scrobble a song to last.fm all you need is the artist and track name everything else is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Are you planning on making a full client like the desktop scrobbler app that plays Last.FM feeds? Pandora is OK, but the six songs per hour skip limit is a pain.

Still, they both really pale in comparison to the old Launchcast service. I really miss Launchcast. Damn Yahoo for buying it then running it into the ground!!!
    No I'm not planning on that.. Im sure last.fm will be coming out with that sooner or later
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Dude, awesome homebrew app. Can't wait till I get my pre in 3 weeks to load this up!

Once enabled, does it stay enabled through device reboots? Or do you have to enable it every time you boot your pre?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast