Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    @bjgeiser Cool. A few people have asked me to include Ampache support in NaNplayer, but I just point them at your app.
    Thanks, I think you'd find supporting Ampache with your app a pretty big task. It's a hold different beast when you have to rely on a network connection for pretty much all your data.

I like what you're doing design wise with NaNplayer, excited to see what you come up with next.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    I do plan on supporting some streaming services, just not Ampache. My understanding is that users have to set up their own server and there's just not that big a market for that, especially since you already made a client.

I have put off streaming support to focus on local playback. Later, I will address streaming with as much care.
    I do plan on supporting some streaming services, just not Ampache. My understanding is that users have to set up their own server and there's just not that big a market for that, especially since you already made a client.
    Definitely not a big market, and a support nightmare. Problem is for such an App to exist (streaming access to personal collections) it pretty much as to be on their own servers. Every company who has tried to move peoples music collection to other servers has been sued. Including Grooveshark and others.

Hey, drop me one of your golden invites sometime, I'd like to see your app in action. If you'd like to see Ampache up and running feel free to PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    It's not because of an SDK limitation. I simply haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, I am concerned that Last.fm may want to charge for the scrobbling API since mine is a commercial app. They told me I had to give a percentage of revenue in order to use their music info API, so I fear it may be the same for the scrobbling API. I am not sure if Ampache is a free app. In that case, Last.fm doesn't charge for anything.
    I don't think they charge just for scrobbling but the API is about to be changed so I'd hold off in any case.
    as a user of all three ampache mobile, ampachepre, and beta tester for ?Nanplayer. I must say they are wonderful apps. The ultimate music app would be one that combined the design and features of Nanplayer but also let you stream your music and videos. Great work on the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I don't think they charge just for scrobbling but the API is about to be changed so I'd hold off in any case.
    Really? I must say, Last.fm really has the best music info API. It's so complete when it comes to the methods. I wonder what's changing.

It's a shame that almost all their data is user generated and as such is wholly unreliable. I work in a music industry service company and we considered using them for a few projects. However, the data is so non-uniform as to be basically useless. What a waste of a great API.

We ended up going with some other paid sources for that project, but the player is a personal project and I can't shell out thousands a month for Rovi or Gracenote. There really isn't anything free that's particularly useful, except maybe the Amazon APIs, but they are limited in the scope of the data.

Anyways, do you have a link to any info about the changes to the Last.fm API?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Definitely not a big market, and a support nightmare. Problem is for such an App to exist (streaming access to personal collections) it pretty much as to be on their own servers. Every company who has tried to move peoples music collection to other servers has been sued. Including Grooveshark and others.

Hey, drop me one of your golden invites sometime, I'd like to see your app in action. If you'd like to see Ampache up and running feel free to PM.
    I'll get you set up when I do the next round of invites. I would like to give a look to the whole Ampache thing when I have some time. What do I need? You can just point me somewhere or PM me, so we don't jack this thread any worse
    Really hope that Nanplayer and ampache can coexist. It would be great for the Pre!
    Really? I must say, Last.fm really has the best music info API. It's so complete when it comes to the methods. I wonder what's changing.

It's a shame that almost all their data is user generated and as such is wholly unreliable. I work in a music industry service company and we considered using them for a few projects. However, the data is so non-uniform as to be basically useless. What a waste of a great API.

We ended up going with some other paid sources for that project, but the player is a personal project and I can't shell out thousands a month for Rovi or Gracenote. There really isn't anything free that's particularly useful, except maybe the Amazon APIs, but they are limited in the scope of the data.

Anyways, do you have a link to any info about the changes to the Last.fm API?
    this thread has been dead for quite some time.

ya I got a email from theme a while back. I'll have to sift through some stuff when I get home.

ampaches api is about to change with the next release as well. Here is the current release. http://ampache.org/wiki/dev:xmlapi

dev release
    http://ampache.org/wiki/dev:xmlapi:development
    I see that now. I didn't realize that it was that old. Heck, even I posted in here back last June. Don't worry about that email. I'll ask their partners rep to send me any details. Thanks for the info.
    I'll get you set up when I do the next round of invites. I would like to give a look to the whole Ampache thing when I have some time. What do I need? You can just point me somewhere or PM me, so we don't jack this thread any worse
    PM Sent

Good news on the scrobbling front. A rep from Last.fm told me that they do not charge for scrobbling. That being the case, you can definitely expect to see scrobbling support in NaNplayer.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123