Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FYI, you might want to use a different icon as last.fm might object...
    Ok, I'm sure you have heard the news about 1.0.4 breaking homebrew w/o rooting :/ any chance this will be done b4 I am forced to update?
    Just curious,...did you give up on this project? I still wouldn't mind having a portable scrobbler
    I'd like to have this too please, was this app available for download once? If so can somebody else upload this app? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    I'd like to have this too please, was this app available for download once? If so can somebody else upload this app? thanks
    No, it was not available
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Oh please do finish this! Would love to have a scrobbler for my Pre!
    Is there any more progress on this? I'm looking forward to scrobbling songs while on the go.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Any updates on this or was it all a tease? Dying to get this on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Any updates on this or was it all a tease? Dying to get this on my phone.
    I know this is not the most elegant solution but. Ampache has a plug in for last fm. It scrobbles all the music you stream from your Ampache server.

Both Ampachpre and Ampache mobile are front ends to ampache for the pre.
    For local music, I'm sure a plugin for nanplayer could be written if there is not already one. (have not used nanplayer yet)
    I'm looking forward to scrobbling. Is this app ready yet?
    I'd love to have this app on my Pre. It would really round out the feature set on my Pre
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    can someone please explain what scrobbling is? I know itunes and floola (freeware program I use with my ipod) scrobble but have no clue what that can do for me!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    More info on scrobbling: Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online

Any news on the app. How hard/easy is it to build this myself. It's seems I only have to store account data, catch the "now playing" info (where???) and then post it to last.fm.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Supposedly NaNplayer was looking to incorporate scrobbling. We'll see if it happened whenever it finally comes out.
    edektor sadly stopped working on the scrobbler as he posted in another thread - sorry, as I am a new member I am not yet allowed to post a link.
    Any developer around who would like to keep working on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    edektor sadly stopped working on the scrobbler as he posted in another thread - sorry, as I am a new member I am not yet allowed to post a link.
    Any developer around who would like to keep working on it?
    I have recently incorporated native scrobbling into my app AmpachPre in the latest version 1.8.5 due out very soon. The only problem is that it does not read mp3z off the usb drive yet just ones you have downloaded with Ampachpre and ones that you stream from a ampache server. I plan on adding this functionality sometime in the future.
    Sadly, this project looked the most promising out of all last.fm clients.
    I checked out NaNPlayer but it seems they don't support scrobbling of tracks listened to in the Music Player (due to restrictions in the SDK it seems).

Guess, I will try AmpachPre, although setting up my own streaming server and client just for scrobbling is a stretch.
    It's not because of an SDK limitation. I simply haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, I am concerned that Last.fm may want to charge for the scrobbling API since mine is a commercial app. They told me I had to give a percentage of revenue in order to use their music info API, so I fear it may be the same for the scrobbling API. I am not sure if Ampache is a free app. In that case, Last.fm doesn't charge for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    It's not because of an SDK limitation. I simply haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, I am concerned that Last.fm may want to charge for the scrobbling API since mine is a commercial app. They told me I had to give a percentage of revenue in order to use their music info API, so I fear it may be the same for the scrobbling API. I am not sure if Ampache is a free app. In that case, Last.fm doesn't charge for anything.
    Everything with Ampache is free, the server and every client in existence. The server and most clients are also open source.

Edit: Also the Ampache Server scrobbles like fain said earlier.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/07/2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    @bjgeiser Cool. A few people have asked me to include Ampache support in NaNplayer, but I just point them at your app.

@almightyhelmet I have reached out to Last.fm for clarification on their policy regarding scrobbling. If they don't charge for it or if it is a reasonable amount, I will include the feature.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast