1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured out how to access files stored on the phone from inside an app?

For example, the Services sample app has an audio object scene that plays back the conan06.wav file.

The path to it is resolved as follows

var file = Mojo.appPath + 'audio/conan06.wav';

How would you get the path to a file sitting in a folder on the Pre? It could be an MP3 or a JPG copied to the phone by USB.

Doh! I hate that vBulletin doesn't let you correct typos in your thread title.
    would it be
    var file = '/media/internal/' + filename
    ?

/media/internal is the mount point for the usb storage
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'll give that a try this evening.
    Might want to look at the Photos source. They get files to display, but also has delete capability.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. Is that in the SDK samples or do I need to root and SSH into the phone to see that source? I don't have a copy of the SDK here at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Thanks. Is that in the SDK samples or do I need to root and SSH into the phone to see that source? I don't have a copy of the SDK here at the office.
    That would be in the restore package jar files that Palm has for download. The same talked about in the OK Rom comes thread.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. I found those last night when I was digging out the NovaCom drivers for Vista 64 bit on Intel.

I have most of the file operations I need working. I am making good progress on my audio player app. It is mainly for me to adapt to development with Mojo, so it won't have too many more features than the stock Music app, but the interface is different and there are some interesting new things I am adding.
    please at least add the slider bar and time tracking! the stock app is so lame that it did not come with those standard functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Thanks. I found those last night when I was digging out the NovaCom drivers for Vista 64 bit on Intel.

I have most of the file operations I need working. I am making good progress on my audio player app. It is mainly for me to adapt to development with Mojo, so it won't have too many more features than the stock Music app, but the interface is different and there are some interesting new things I am adding.
    Does your emulator complain that the NovaCom service isn't running when you try to start the emulator from the Desktop shortcut or from palm-emulator.bat?

For some reason, mine does and I'm on Vista Home 32-bit, but when I installed it on XP, I had no problems.