Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone here notice some wierd stuff when actually developing on 64bit??

I'm getting all kinds of strange stuff involving scenes.

EXAMPLE 1
    I can rename a scene (this includes all the function names in the assistant, the .jsjsjs, .$HTML$ $and$ $scene$ $folder$ $name$, $the$ $push$ $scene$ $function$, $and$ $the$ $info$ $in$ $the$ $sources$.$json$ $file$) $and$ $it$ $won$'$t$ $open$.

EXAMPLE 2
    I took an existing scene that was working correctly. Change the name in the push scene command, change

EXAMPLE 3
    I created a new scene using the palm-generate command didn't touch a thing yet the button that is setup to push that scene pushes a differnt scene ( one that has been renamed from a 3rd scene name ) ????

This stuff is crazy and I don't know how anyone can be expected to get anything done with this kind of stuff going on.

Please HELP!!!!!

OKAY before I actually finished sending this, I tried running the command prompt as administrator. That seems to have fixed all the inaccuracies. To bad it doesn't just FAIL when your not in Administrator mode.
    I am running Vista x64, I was able to get it working without doing all the steps listed here in the first post, I did not see this until after. I am still playing with it, so maybe I missed something. I already had virtual box with solaris 10 and windows 7, so one less step to do. I have only played with HelloWorld so far, so maybe I will find out I missed something as I go along. As a Unix Sys Admin, I love that my phone runs Linux and can multitask - very cool!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hello can anyone help thanks in advance I am getting fatal: could not read from boot medium system halted. in the emulator what am I doing wrong or need to do
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was trying to install my test app on my pre emulator but i get the following error

palm-install: Connection refused: connect.

Also I am having trouble sending my app to the emulator from eclipse. Eclipse doesn't think the emulator is running. does any one have any thoughts on this. I am running vista 64 bit os
    OKAY - MY PROBLEM: CAN'T GET VIRTUALBOX OR PALM EMULATOR TO WORK.

I have a Vista 64 machine. I have

- SDK (Palm Mojo) 1.1.0
    - Virtualbox 3.0.2
    - Java 6.7
    - I THINK I have jdk-6u14-windows-x64 downloaded, but don't know if it ever opened.

When I click on Virtualbox (Hard disk Palm Pre.vdi, CD/DVD grub iso) I get ERROR 5: Partition table invalid or corrupt. Press any key" When I press a key, I get a LINUX line highlighted, which when entered gives me the same error message.

When I try to run Palm Emulator, I either get a quick CMD box flash on and disappear, or when I enter it from the CMD directly (program files (x86)/palm/sdk/bin/palm-emulator), I get

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Fisack23; 08/16/2009 at 10:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    If you want a simpler way to install the SDK into Vista 64bits, feel free to read my blog entry.

Last edited by T3CK; 09/06/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Well I have to say that your blog entry has gotten me closer to this rediculous, life sucking install complete... I am running PalmEmulator from the bin foder as Admin, and I recieve the error message:
    PalmEmulator requires that VirtualBox 2.2.0 or greater is installed

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by nx2000 View Post
    Well I have to say that your blog entry has gotten me closer to this rediculous, life sucking install complete... I am running PalmEmulator from the bin foder as Admin, and I recieve the error message:
    PalmEmulator requires that VirtualBox 2.2.0 or greater is installed

Any ideas?
    Resolved issues
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    What was the issue?
    Once the install complete, use the normal program shortcuts to start the emulator.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    What was the issue?
    Once the install complete, use the normal program shortcuts to start the emulator.
    I cant remember now, it was operator error
    Ok, after upgrading to SDK 1.2 I can not run the emulator anymore on my vista 64bit machine. It flashes the CMD prompt and does not open. I get the below error and I have checked th path and the .jar file is there.

Code:
    Unable to access jarfile C:\Palm\SDK;C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\\Share\jars\webos-emulator_x64.jar
    It looks like there are 2 slashes in front of the Share location. Not sure if that is supposed to be there or how to correct it. Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12