Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yes, they'll have to recompile ipkg to make ipkg-opt in x86 for the emulator. But uh, cross-complinging is their specialty
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We're working on an Optware feed for the emulator too, so you'll be able to install the same optware apps on the real device or the emulator.
    Index of /feeds/optware/i686g25/cross/unstable is uploading now ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Really? I was under the impression that all of the optware packages were for the ARM architecture, and the emulator is emulating an x86 machine running webOS. That'd be awesome to get it to work, but I'd think you'd have to recompile all the packages, wouldn't you?
    http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/...runk/platforms shows the range of platforms for which we automatically compile Optware. There's an autobuilder that runs 24x7 on a server at OSUOSL which keeps all those feeds updated with the latest builds.

eno added the i686g25 toolchain configuration about 36 hours ago, and the Optware feed for that platform has been built from scratch in that time.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyshoveldj View Post
    can i get that in english please. i don't speak geek
    LAWLS

Win.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    would this work for the osx version?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyshoveldj View Post
    can i get that in english please. i don't speak geek
    If you don't know what this means, you have no business rooting the damn thing, or even having the SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    If you don't know what this means, you have no business rooting the damn thing, or even having the SDK.
    I completely disagree.

I, myself, have a faint clue as to what that means, granted I know how to google, I wouldn't be able to understand that without though.

I do have the SDK. I have made my own app (which doesn't do anything) and I plan on rooting when I get it.

Please don't stifle creativity.

You should be nice to future wannabe Developers.

We make the fart apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    would this work for the osx version?
    Good question. It depends whether the osx version of the emulator runs the same rootfs as the windows version. If it does, then this will work. If it doesn't, then someone will need to send the Optware team details of the toolchain needed for building binaries for the osx version.

I'd assume that it works and just try it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I can ssh into the sdk fine on Windows, but on Fedora Core 11 I get:

$ ssh localhost:5522
    ssh: Could not resolve hostname localhost:5522: Name or service not know

Set into NAT mode (default)
    now wait, I know the 5522 and NAT, but what about the client part, what's the name or IP of the emulator?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12