Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been trying to figure out how I can hide the quicklaunch but leave the wave working. The launcher app seems to be located in usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher.

I found the showQuickLaunch function in the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $added$ $show$ = $false$;

This sorta works. It's hidden most of the time but still pops up when I open the launcher or switch from an active app to card view so something else is toggling it's visibility but I'll be damned if I can find it. I've seen the quicklaunch also referred to the "dock" in the code.

Code:
    /* toggle visibility of quick launch bar */
    showQuickLaunch: function(show) {
    	show = false;
    	var request = new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.systemmanager', {
    		method: 'systemUi',
    		parameters: {'quicklaunch':show}
    	});
    	request = null;
    },
    Something else interesting... in the same file on line 9 is kQuickLaunchHeight: 67, setting this to 0 makes the launcher pages full screen height because of line 113: $('launcher-main').style.height = (window.innerHeight - this.kQuickLaunchHeight) + 'px'; I'll do this if I can figure out how to hide the quicklaunch all the time.

I'd also like to figure out how to get the launcher icon out of there so it doesn't show up in the wave either. Anyone else messing around with the launcher?

I'd love both of these mods to come around along with having 6 items on the quicklaunch. Have you made any progress here?
  3.    #3  
    Nope. Apparenty the launcher app isn't the only thing that controls the quicklaunch.
    why would you want to hide it?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I can't speak for the author but I want to hide it because it is a gesture away and I don't see a need to keep it static at the bottom of the screen.
    I've made the attempt to figure out where the launcher is, but i can't locate it either i think it may be hard coded into a binary file and w/o source can't edit it at all. the height you are talking about seems to effect only when the launcher is active on the screen it wont change the quick launch, i've done searchs for 'QuickLaunch'(er) 'Launch'(er) and nothing points to how its controlled i would love to have 6-8 mini icons and when i pull the wave up get them all magnified, so far no luck
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tidusmccoy1515 View Post
    why would you want to hide it?
    No big deal really. Mostly just wanted to see if it could be done. But I've heard a few ppl comment about how useless it is and I tend to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    No big deal really. Mostly just wanted to see if it could be done. But I've heard a few ppl comment about how useless it is and I tend to agree.
    I use mine all the time. I just wish I didn't have to look at it when it's not in use. I want my interface CLEAN!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    it looks so much better without it besides I use my wave bar all the time so its an automatic thing no need for this quick launcher on top of my wallpaper. Have anyone successfully disabled or hidden this? Working most of the time frustrates me so I rather not touch it but if it works well I want to do it....
  10. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Very interested if you get it figured out.
  11.    #11  
    I never did figure it out completly so gave up on it for now. If anyone else feels like digging into the code I'd be happy to collaborate.
    Find that faded background image behind the icons (I know its there, I remember a screenshot where some guy made it wooden-looking,) search the .css files for where the image is used, and add:
    Code:
    display: none;
    Note: my pre isn't rooted, and I use the quick launch all the time, Just thought I might be able to help a little with disabling it for those that hate it.
    Can we get a name or directory of the css file your speaking of? Thanks
    Is there anyway to Hide just the button?
    It's not that I hate the quicklaunch, I just find it unnecessary considering the Wave bar is only 1 swipe away, as is launcher. It's just a redundant shortcut for those unwilling to use the phones natural fluency.

My phone is rooted out that *** so I'll jump into this later when I have time. I'm actually quite interested in the final result.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Find that faded background image behind the icons (I know its there, I remember a screenshot where some guy made it wooden-looking,) search the .css files for where the image is used, and add:
    Code:
    display: none;
    Note: my pre isn't rooted, and I use the quick launch all the time, Just thought I might be able to help a little with disabling it for those that hate it.
    Ah yea, the scrim.png file.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to find a way to alway hide the quicklaunch??
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    just a thought....Is there a way to dim the quicklaunch bar? or change the images to something dim/nothing?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The Mojo framework has a function that hides and shows the quicklaunch bar, and it is called in several files. You just have to find a way to tie it to something else, like pressing the center button or something. Technically the code's all there already, if you open a card and then start pressing the center button, you'll see the quicklaunch bar hides and shows.. so it's all there, someone just has to find it and translate that to exist on the home screen.
  20. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I would like to loose the QLbar too. So far I just use a transparent png for it, and only keep the launcher icon in the right corner and the phone icon in the left corner. At least that let's most of the background show through.... Better than nothing, but I would like to loose it completely.

xtn
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast