Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I would like to loose the QLbar too. So far I just use a transparent png for it, and only keep the launcher icon in the right corner and the phone icon in the left corner. At least that let's most of the background show through.... Better than nothing, but I would like to loose it completely.

xtn
    can you post how yo did this? or it involves rooting?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    No, you can download the required file, and see how to do it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...aunch-bar.html

I use the transparent quicklauncher bar, but I like having access to some programs without using the launcher.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    No, you can download the required file, and see how to do it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...aunch-bar.html

I use the transparent quicklauncher bar, but I like having access to some programs without using the launcher.
    o wow, thanks....i always thought that tweek was for launcher transparency.
    ***I Twitter***

Ive looked into this as well, I have found a small problem w doing away w/ the Ql bar. If you get rid of it how will you add or remove items? I mean you still want the function of the wave correct? So again how would you change the icons if it is not on the Desktop (for lack of a better word)
    Heres a screenshot of my Pre w/ no quicklaunch bar, well not really just a workaround but it looks better to me.

Last edited by 2sslow; 10/07/2009 at 02:13 AM.
    care to share the specifics?
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I created this transparent png file in photoshop. Then I pushed it onto the phone using webOS_Quick_Install's "send file" tool, with the location being /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

Then reboot the phone to see the change take effect.

xtn

PS - You can't see the attached png image file here, but click where it says "Email Attatchment" and email it to yourself. OR... If you want to right-click and save the image instead, please first click on it to get the larger version, as the preview here in this post, if downloaded directly, will be too small to work properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Heres a screenshot of my Pre w/ no quicklaunch bar, well not really just a workaround but it looks better to me.
    Awesome stuff! I guess now we need to figure out how to put stuff on the desktop of the device.

How does your workaround.. well, work? A tutorial on this would be fantastic.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superkyol View Post
    Awesome stuff! I guess now we need to figure out how to put stuff on the desktop of the device.

How does your workaround.. well, work? A tutorial on this would be fantastic.
    2nd that!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Could somone give me the file for the quicklauch arrow thingy, to have it clear. So i cant see it at all. Please. Thank you...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I created this transparent png file in photoshop. Then I pushed it onto the phone using webOS_Quick_Install's "send file" tool, with the location being /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

Then reboot the phone to see the change take effect.

xtn

PS - You can't see the attached png image file here, but click where it says "Email Attatchment" and email it to yourself. OR... If you want to right-click and save the image instead, please first click on it to get the larger version, as the preview here in this post, if downloaded directly, will be too small to work properly.
    Thanks!!!
    how do we reverse if we ever want to bring it back?
    ***I Twitter***

I don't mind the QL bar, i just think it is useless to have the QL icon there in the right corner (Arrgh!!, go away).

It would be nice if it can be replaced like the others. Also, I agree that it would be nice when we can add more than 4 launch icons.

I'm gonna try out what you guys did now.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiya View Post
    Could somone give me the file for the quicklauch arrow thingy, to have it clear. So i cant see it at all. Please. Thank you...
    My work around is purely for looks.

everything on the main screen is clear. So you can either make your icons clear and just know where they are or what I did was remove everything except the quicklaunch icon and make it clear.

Now if I touch where the launch icon is the launcher will still open.

I am attaching a clear launcher icon if anybody wants it.
    Put it here /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher
    The drawback to this is when you pull up the wave it will have only the clear icons marked by the explosion touch visual, It will however show the name so its tolerable for me.

If you want to remove the quicklaunch bar in the launcher area then go to
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

change line 11 to this:

Code:
       kQuickLaunchHeight: 0,
    Last edited by 2sslow; 10/07/2009 at 04:40 PM.
    This if you have 2 or more:

15. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Thanks!!!
    how do we reverse if we ever want to bring it back?
    Do the same thing, but send the original png file.

xtn
    i have a question...can this be done with any theme??
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    i have a question...can this be done with any theme??
    Yes as long as you make the icons in the launcher transparent
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i also have some input..if your arrow icon is not disappearing it needs to stay at the file "icon.png" then send to file "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/"
    as i had changed my file name!! lol

to change the whole quick launch manager...copy the icon.png..make a duplicate and change the file to quick_launch_bg.png..and save...then send it through WQI as before to "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/" jus as this ...... so it overwrites the original .png files.... works beautifully!!!! did it the 1st time!!!
    something very weird happened when i mistakenly sent the thumbnail for the clear quicklaunch bar instead of the full size one.

notice how the height of the wave is unaffected. what do you think would happen if i were to make a launcher 1 pixel high, the whole width of the screen?
    i actually got rid of the launch bar but kept the wave.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...25#post1991125
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast