Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Kinda torn, anyone you guys suggest?
    I'm doing it all by hand, is there a kit out?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Notepad LOL
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Aptana or Eclipse with Aptana or Eclipse with the Web developer toolkit
    notepad++
    notepad++, too, but it's a pain. I'll have to have a look at the eclipse plugin sometime.
    I downloaded the plugin for eclipse from this website but it doesn't seem to create the files correctly. Does the SDK come with the eclipse plugin? If so, how do I find/install it?
    Notepad++. Drag the App folder into it to open all files.

Then I made two batch files. One deletes ipk, then builds. The other installs. Pretty quick development.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Notepad++. Drag the App folder into it to open all files.

Then I made two batch files. One deletes ipk, then builds. The other installs. Pretty quick development.
    build seems to delete the ipk if it is already there
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I have been trying the free Visual Web Developer Express from Microsoft. It is a good general web IDE with javascript autocomplete etc. It doesn't have autocomplete for the Mojo specific classes, but otherwise works quite nicely. It is good if you are used to using Visual Studio .NET.

Has anyone found anything that includes autocomplete, etc. for the Mojo classes?
    Most editors use a file to do the autocomplete - I am sure palm will release one for mojo.

ActiveState Home has Komodo (both full and the free lite version) that are good JSJSJS $editors$.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Then notepad++ it is.....
    I hope there will be an IntelliJ plugin, since IntelliJ already has the most fantastic javascript support.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    build seems to delete the ipk if it is already there
    I've been updating the version number as I work through certain functionality. So if I run the build, it only deletes the current version and leaves one hanging. My batch deletes: del com.domain.app.name.*.ipk

Then install uses a similar wildcard to install whatever the current version is in the Installs directory I build to.

One thing that is weird, I can't seem to make a .bat file to call both the build and install. Perhaps I need some type of wait in there. It just exits out after the build and doesn't continue.
    Coda on my mac. The built in SFTP and being able to work directly editing the app on my phone is awesome! i just restart the app and see the changes instantly
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Here's the deploy.bat I use
    Code:
    @echo off
    set DIR=%1
    set OUTPUT=%DIR%\..

for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('find "id" %DIR%\appinfo.json') do set line=%%a
    for %%a in (%line%) do set ID=%%a

echo DIR: %DIR% ID: %ID%

call palm-install -r %ID%
    call palm-package -o %OUTPUT% %DIR%
    for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b %OUTPUT%\%ID%_*.ipk') do set IPK=%%a
    call palm-install %OUTPUT%\%IPK%
    call palm-launch %ID%
    This takes the project directory as the argument. It then removes the package from the pre (this will shut down the app if it's running), then builds the package, installs the package, and launches the program for you.

You could put in the line about removing %ID%*.ipk before the palm-package command if you need to increment the version number each time. Also, put -d usb in the palm-install & palm-launch commands to work with a connected usb pre instead of the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    One thing that is weird, I can't seem to make a .bat file to call both the build and install. Perhaps I need some type of wait in there. It just exits out after the build and doesn't continue.
    same here, thought I was just doing something wrong.

I get errors with drnull's as well. Guess I'll just stick to manually building

*edit* using "call' in the bat seems to fix the problem of it exiting after build though
    I'm just using notepad and a small visual basic frontend I made for packaging and uploading to the phone so i dont have to keep using the console to deploy the applications. i was going to upload it to the forums but since its a frontend for the SDK I dont know the legalities of it.
    oh, on topic, I'm using Dreamweaver