Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got the SDK working perfectly on my Vista 64 machine, however, playing around with it for an hour or so, I busted the Photos app!

Not quite sure what happened, I restarted the program but I havn't performed a "hard reset" yet... Here's a few ss's of what happened:

Any suggestions?
    Re-install the SDK
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Re-install the SDK
    Awwww man... Really?

*sigh*

*tries to avoid it*
    Following you guideline in post #11, my Vista Home Premium 64 works now, too.

The main key was getting the correct JDK, which you list. Previously, I had a bit of a time finding the correct one.

The last (so far) thing to use the Palm Emulator icon, was to edit its properties and point to the palm-emulator.bat instead of the PalmEmulator.exe. Doing this means I do not need the command prompt.

Many thanks. Now I have to learn to navigate the beast.
    Got the same issue with photos not showing up, I don't know what the deal is, but I'm pretty sure reinstalling won't help, cuz I have it running on 32bit XP and 64bit Vista, and the images are invisible in both, UNLESS you look at them through the "Screen and lock" settings app (or whatever it's called.)
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    I'm at work, and remoted in to my home machine. Won't let me launch emulator because port 3389 is in use. So much for me wasting time at work =[
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
    It was about 2am when i was working on it i may have done that. but i could of swore i hit the icon sorry

I did happen to notice that this morning i had issues with loading up the emulator again, if this happens best solution so far is to open up Virtual Box and delete out what palm put in there then restart the .bat file to get it working again not sure if anyone else ran into this problem yet
    Thanks for this post. I finally got this working (was getting the FATAL: boot error) by deleting what's in virtual box (opening virttualbox as administrator under vista 64bit and deleting the palm sdk in there), then re-running palm-emulator.

-mark
  8.    #28  
    I fixed my thread....
    I had the SDK working on Vista 64, then I broke it - FATAL: boot error no bootable media

After removing and reinstalling the SDK multiple times with no improvement, I looked into the Sun Virtual box directly.

I found that I had somehow turned off the CD/DVD. When I selected it and turned it on, I noticed that it was pointed to a palm iso.

Immediately, I could boot the emulator and run fine. So I am sure there was really no need to R&R the SDK, just set it correctly.

Thanks all for the help getting going.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    so, dumb question. How do I load the sample applications up into the SDK? I have the SDK up and running, but would like to do some testing on it.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by geobag View Post
    so, dumb question. How do I load the sample applications up into the SDK? I have the SDK up and running, but would like to do some testing on it.

Thanks.
    on terminal run

palm-package
    palm-install

it will give you the parameters you need to pass to it.
    while im at it

# Create a package for the Palm application in ~/projects/Ticker.
    palm-package ~/projects/Ticker

Examples:

# Install package
    palm-install ~/projects/packages/com.example.app_1.0_all.ipk

# Remove application
    palm-install -r com.example.app

# List applications on default device
    palm-install -l

# List applications on usb-connected device
    palm-install -d usb -l
    Just be sure if you're on Vista that you run cmd as an Admin!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    my computer can not find the novacom drivers and will not recogonize my palm can anyone help with this i cant find any novacom 64 bit drivers... what am i doin wrong
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    My emulator just started saying "no bootable media" now. I am on a mac. How can i fix this on mac?
    thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by cheek813 View Post
    my computer can not find the novacom drivers and will not recogonize my palm can anyone help with this i cant find any novacom 64 bit drivers... what am i doin wrong

Start VirtualBox and click on Palm Emulator on the left side. It will start the emulator.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    My emulator just started saying "no bootable media" now. I am on a mac. How can i fix this on mac?
    thanks in advance
    Start VirtualBox and change the Hard Disk to "palm_emulator_sdk"
    Also make sure the CDROM image is pointed to "palm_emulator_sdk"

Now you can start the emulator again.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Start VirtualBox and change the Hard Disk to "palm_emulator_sdk"
    Also make sure the CDROM image is pointed to "palm_emulator_sdk"

Now you can start the emulator again.
    thank you sensai! It was the CDROM
    Has anyone ever figured out why some of us are getting "Error 5artition file invalid or corrupt"?
    I'm not sure if this is progress or not, but now I'm getting "Error 21: Selected disk does not exist"! Any ideas as to what's causing this? Grub.iso? Hard drive?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12