1.    #1  
    Anout else getting icuuc40.dll not found errors on some of the utilities? I'm thinking Safari 4 install wasn't enough web kit.

I see icuuc40.dll in C:\Program Files\Safari. However, it doesn't have a DLL registration entry point for standard regsvr32 registration.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Anout else getting icuuc40.dll not found errors on some of the utilities? I'm thinking Safari 4 install wasn't enough web kit.

I see icuuc40.dll in C:\Program Files\Safari. However, it doesn't have a DLL registration entry point for standard regsvr32 registration.
    trunk/lib/icu - icu-dotnet - Google Code
  3.    #3  
    Looks like copying these from Safari folder to bin folder fixes issues. Perhaps placing Safari folder in path instead.

This sort of works, but still getting "Can't determine Installed Safari Path". Looking where that is defined.
  4.    #4  
    Added C:\Program Files\Safari to PATH. Still getting these two, but utilities are loading:

WARNING: Failed to get CLSID for WebKit.WebView
    ERROR: Couldn't determine installed Safari path
    I'm getting this to
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Added C:\Program Files\Safari to PATH. Still getting these two, but utilities are loading:

WARNING: Failed to get CLSID for WebKit.WebView
    Just modify the palm-inspector.bat with what's your set Safari path and then it won't have to automatically determine it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just modify the palm-inspector.bat with what's your set Safari path and then it won't have to automatically determine it.
    I've tried several different ways.. how have you seen other people list it?
    Here's my palm-inspector.bat

@echo off
    for /f "delims=" %%x in ('FindSafari') do set SAFARI_DIR=%%x
    path %SAFARI_DIR%;%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Safari\
    PalmInspector.exe

That opens a utility but I still get two errors (and nothing in the body of the utility):

WARNING: Failed to get CLSID for Webkit.Webview

I have Safari 4 installed.

Any ideas?
    @echo off
    REM for /f “delims=” %%x in (’FindSafari’) do set SAFARI_DIR=%%x
    set SAFARI_DIR=C:\Programmi\Safari\
    path %SAFARI_DIR%;%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Safari\
    PalmInspector.exe

This gets rid of the last two errors for me in the command prompt and launches a utility of some sort (Inspector I presume). But nothing loads in the main body of the utility. But hey, who needs the Inspector to actually work?

So basically we’ve gotten the errors to go away without managing to get it working. Great. Debugging is hard enough with the errors, but without any errors seems worse. Anyone want to call Palm support?
    Anyone know how to fully resolve this (meaning NO ERRORS) ? I would like to get this tool operating if I can so that I can use it's help in whatever way...
    The inspector/debugger seems to be broken. Upon palminspector launch, it shows the search field and a couple dock elements at the bottom. I have no idea how to get it to work. Its exactly what I get if I enter "chrome://inspector/inspector.html" in Google Chrome.

Has anyone managed to get it working?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Just copy and paste the palminspector.exe into the safari folder and open it ... doesnt seem to do much or maybe we just don't know how to use it because when i open it now i get a webkit icon with foo bar and a div and stuff